Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1017006 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2023, 06:57:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - Looking at your snow pics from yesterday, wow, it was really coming down. 

clynn - That is amazing about the tiger mom who gave birth to 4 cubs with different colors.  Love the pic of the saguaro in the snow. LOVE the pic of new Mom Berry on her eggs!  It wont be long, and we will see bobbleheads!!

tsk - Rain is supposed to start around 2 pm here.

Phyl - We spent Monday taking down the Christmas decorations.  Bandit was so happy to have his living room back in order.  ;D  Love the morning coffee pic, and the deer pics from DNN.

tig - You got quite a bit of snow, too.  Thanks for the heads-up on the email. 

E4E - Hope you had a good night, too.

Lani - Awww, sweet sleeping pup.  Hope internet/phone is back to normal today. 

BL - I thought it felt San Franish here, too today. 

Puff - Are you back or still away?  Hope you are having a great time.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2023, 07:08:55 AM »

Decorah and Decorah North - I love the togetherness of these couples!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2023, 07:20:18 AM »

Well an impressive amount of snow/ice out back before the sun comes up...
I saw on camera Andrew did the driveway around 530am and snowing lots more since.

Airport reported 5.4 inches yesterday....and another 3-5 today and another 1 or so tonight

I guess I know what I'll be doing today...at least some of the back decks...upper deck looks to be getting pretty heavy especially.
Schools closed here today....too dangerous to drive.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2023, 07:44:35 AM »

HI EVERYONE

38 and cloudy all day.  Temps falling.

TIG   Thanks for the alert on your spammed e-mail.

PUFF  You are?  home?

CLYNN   thanks for the nest updates.  SWFL and next up Berry..  Cherish those remaining Bella days.  We will miss the Wed pics for sure. :(

PHYL   Cool shots of deer under nest. :)

LISA   I should remember to use cinnamon sticks in my cocoa - to use them up!!!  ;)

KB  Hot tub is a good way to measure snow   ;)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2023, 08:58:04 AM »

Morning everyone - windy today!

Lani - We are getting some light showers right now,  but heavier rain coming in tonight - how about your area?   I didn't get a hair cut - just a color touch up on my gray roots. ;)

BL  :)

Tig - I bet it is beautiful out there - but not if you have to shovel!

Puff - Home safe & sound? :)  Looking forward to hearing something about your trip  ;D

Phyl - Oh no - thunderstorms for you last night :o ::)  Like the Decorah pics and cute deer frolicking!

Clynn - Hopefully stay in and warm  :)   Have fun with Bella today - I bet you both will have a super day since its been a couple of weeks! ;D  Like the pics this morning!  :)

LisaG - It always seems to take longer to pack up the Christmas decorations than setting them out - awe, Bandit happy to have his living room space back! ;D

Kb - Beautiful blue cattle dog pic!  :)   Wow, your hot tub - be careful out there - wish you would get some melting soon.

Tsk - Brrr - cold temp for you - hope it is a stay at home day!   We have 44 this morning - later a high of 59. 

Hi Lori, Baz, Oldguy, T40, Pink, Blschue, Lilbro, Paulie, Eburg, BgGolden, Ssrl  :)

Everyone stay warm & dry and take care.

kbshcb

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »

LOL....in almost an hour I just got the screen door open up top....and a foot or so more to the rails..

This ol lady doesn't want to get a heart attack so will attack the lower door and a path for Ollie later.

Watching a young woman stuck across the street trying to dig herself out...she's in the driveway entrance. A smallish sedan. And she's spinning her wheels...don't do that!
Looking at me in the window, like I should help!...Na...look for some of the younger men in your building or next door to me will ya!

More importantly, don't drive anything other than a 4wheel drive, an SUV, truck in the Tundra please...at least in the winter.... ;)

kbshcb

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2023, 09:12:18 AM »

Hmm, I now have 3 cars blocking my driveway.....stay home people!

oldguy

« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2023, 09:28:57 AM »

KB - here is what you need this winter for your Jeep  ;)

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2023, 09:56:58 AM »

SWFL eagle cam home of Harriet and M15...

I see you little one!!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2023, 10:26:56 AM »

KB - here is what you need this winter for your Jeep  ;)

Good one oldguy!

Wish Scott was here with one of his two Fords...he had a F350 and F250 with plow...and he taught me how to plow in it..dang....

I just can't do it...only got the one path off the top and bottom decks.
Later I may try my electric snow pup on lower deck...?
Avalanche the roofs?....we shall see.
It's still snowing

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2023, 10:33:30 AM »

No bounce
Bro is on his way... eventually. Never made it last night due to freezing mist. I went out for 1.5 hrs. this a.m. and reshoveled the path on the north to check on the furnace exhaust and discovered the cover had fallen off again. Grr. Need to fix that more permanently in the Spring. Also reshoveled the patios and path to the other fence gate. Camper will need to go that way to get the path around the house to the front snow blown because the neighbors 30 foot high bush is overladen with snow and blocking our other path. Grr. I then did the walk and a path along both fences at the driveway and moved the garbage and recycling out of the drive.
As I was shoveling in between the houses a couple of birds flew past my head so close I could hear and feel the wing flaps!
Feet up. Breakfast on board. Sigh. We love it here. ?
TTFN
I just checked the NWS map... it says we have received 10.5 inches in our neighborhood, so far. Another 2-3 expected today.  :(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 10:49:40 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2023, 11:04:09 AM »

I have returned.  It was fantastic.

I just spent 5 hours reading through 12/30 - 1/3 postings.  First, I'm going to have breakfast, then give my return postings/answers to those, next have lunch, then give my other thoughts and reports and roundup.  That should end around sunset.

But first let me explain my very first post "WE ARE". . . .At the Penn State gatherings when someone with the urge, and a loud enough yell feels like it, they yell WE ARE and the surrounding crowd retorts PENN STATE. This is repeated 3-4 times until the yeller has their fill.  Then the instigator yells "THANK YOU" to which the others yell/answer "YOU'RE WELCOME"  What a hoot it is.

I felt dissed - no one answered me.  Hence this long explanation.

I Will Be Back.

P

« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:08:20 AM by Puff »

oldguy

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2023, 11:08:36 AM »

Puff - BEAKERS
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2023, 11:13:13 AM »

I'm in the 12-18 group so far....
someone posted a pic of ruler in the 13-14 inch range..coming down hard now.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2023, 11:40:14 AM »

Decorah and Decorah North - I love the togetherness of these couples!

yes, it's sweet to see.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 854   Go Up