Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1008751 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1305 on: February 05, 2023, 08:47:43 AM »

((Puff)) - Sorry you are having a bad morning.  I hope it gets better for you.

clynn - Thanks for letting me know about no issues.  I changed my password on forum just in case something weird was happening.  Adorable Hedgehog mom and her babies newborn.  Thanks for the pic from Big Bear!

tsk - Thanks for letting me know, too.   :)

Lori - Thanks for the update on SWFL.  I sure hope E22 is getting enough to eat. 

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1306 on: February 05, 2023, 08:52:01 AM »

Big Bear Valley Nest:[/size]

Thanks for posting Clynn!  Needed to see this today, will check on our girl Jackie & also Albatross baby!  Take care & love ya!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1307 on: February 05, 2023, 08:56:48 AM »

((Puff)) - Sorry you are having a bad morning.  I hope it gets better for you.

clynn - Thanks for letting me know about no issues.  I changed my password on forum just in case something weird was happening.  Adorable Hedgehog mom and her babies newborn.  Thanks for the pic from Big Bear!

tsk - Thanks for letting me know, too.   :)

Lori - Thanks for the update on SWFL.  I sure hope E22 is getting enough to eat.

E22 is looking a bit sluggish but I think this family is just exhausted and Dad hasn't had any sleep at all.  I can't watch this cam anymore today, it's just so sad reminds me of Mom Decorah when Dad disappeared in the snowstorm.  :'( I will be checking on the little ones today though & any updates would be appreciated!  Will catch up with you all later today. Love ya girl!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1308 on: February 05, 2023, 08:58:37 AM »

Phyl - Your pizza dinner -Yumm!!!  Yes - I knew it was Kb's story, but I made the mistake in commenting to you - so sorry (glad you brought it to my attention).   Like your morning gif/pic!  Thanks for Amy's blog  :)  Love the nest cam pics.

Morning Kb

Lani - Are you still getting any rain?  We got only .15 of an inch yesterday.

LisaG - I don't use that option - maybe I should  ;)

Puff - Not a fun way to begin your morning  :o ::)  Hope all goes well for the rest of the day  ;D

Baz - Glad you GN is doing well. :)

Clynn - Nice pic of Hedgehog Mom with her babies  :)  Beautiful pic of Big Bear Valley nest.

Tsk - Glad you will have a little sun today.

Lori - Thanks so much for SWFL update.  It is so heartbreaking for M15 calling out to Harriett - prayers for her return.

Morning Tig, Oldguy & BL

Everyone have a nice day  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #1309 on: February 05, 2023, 09:04:40 AM »

https://youtu.be/O8oWv_x-lyY?t=1

Jimmy Webb singing with Linda Ronstadt "All I know"...Webb wrote this song and probably the last recording with Linda who developed Parkinson's disease.
Thought of Webb with his song "Up up and Away"....you know, in my beautiful balloon,  ;) ;) but the one above is perfect imo for a Sunday morning..

Happy Sunday all...hopefully venturing out on that walk with Ollie soon...in the 20's here...The roads might still be icy as no real melt has happened of course but Ollie will love it.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1310 on: February 05, 2023, 10:31:34 AM »

2/4 14:44 - Another warm day, with Rangers providing L & the #RoyalCam chick some heat relief.  With a warming climate, nest irrigation is essential.
L's afternoon is meeting (not necessarily greeting) passing visitors, then it is just her & SP.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1621870764583714816

2/5 10:41 - This #RoyalCam swap meet was not so 'neat'.
GLY (DAD) returning for his turn to guard,
seems super keen to resume his shift.  This includes shifting L (MOM) off the nest. 
Mind those feet - SP just wants to sleep. 
No long farewell for mum this time.  See you later L.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1622157236847149057

Both parents seem anxious to return to their chick (SP). Their time away from nest to forage is about two - three days.

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Kb, very nice song to listen to on this quiet Sunday morn. {{{Linda Ronstadt}}}  :) ... you and Ollie have a good walk and day  ;D

Eagles, no rain, but since you got some yesterday, we may get a few drops tomorrow.  ;D

{{{Lori}}} Thank you for update on Harriet and nest. Prayers for our Harriet. 🙏. :'(

{{{Tsk}}}. 🙏

Clynn, Hedgehog babies  ;D ... I pray the snow melts soon for Big Bear Valley eagles, sweet pic of eggs.  :-*

{{{Puff}}} I hope your day gets better.

Phyl, cute morning ballet pics!  ;D ... thanks for Amy's blog...

Lisa, no problems with forum last night or this morning. (Talons crossed, knock on wood )
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1311 on: February 05, 2023, 10:35:20 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1312 on: February 05, 2023, 10:42:12 AM »

We made it!....pic below is still the layers of ice on my north/south streets...Luckily my east/west streets have tar in the middle of them
On this north/south street I slipped with left foot twice, but my yaktrax grabbed something and I stood upright....kinda like anti-lock brakes!

This ice won't go anywhere anytime soon, even with a week of warmer/above 32 just barely....it will take weeks of that...not likely in February.
This is what happens when the so called loud mouth environmentalists demand no salt on the roads...an entire winter without walking but gingerly...way to go ;) ;)

Pic doesn't do it justice...how thick and moundy it really is!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 10:46:54 AM by kbshcb »

Puff

« Reply #1313 on: February 05, 2023, 10:49:46 AM »

Can honestly say - I have never in all my years  :-\  ever seen baby hedgehogs.  Cute little surprise.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #1314 on: February 05, 2023, 11:37:27 AM »

((Lori)) - Take a break from SWFL watching. Yes, this brings back memories of Dad D.  Hopefully, Harriet will be back soon!

E4E - I like that option on the forum. 

kb - Yikes, the road!  Be careful.

Lani - Thanks for letting me know, too.  Awww, sweet Robin, and thanks for the Royal update!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1315 on: February 05, 2023, 11:38:44 AM »

London Zoo show Hedgehog mom  and her babies newborn!

Clynn, OMG! I mean, OMG! I have never!!  OMG!!   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1316 on: February 05, 2023, 11:45:38 AM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Forum pages are loading verrryyy slo-o-o-ow-w-w-ly-y-y-y for me today.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 11:47:46 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1317 on: February 05, 2023, 01:43:19 PM »

LORI  Thanks for the update. Decorah all over again.

KB  Good that you can get out today with Ollie.  41 here now and I have seen a couple dog walkers going by.  I just saw your photo of the roads - boy, that is terrible.  In Wisconsin they use a sand and something combination on the city streets.

LANI  That Royal nest shift was a laugh out loud for me.  They sure have big feet.   Sweet Robin is right  :)

HI BAZI  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1318 on: February 05, 2023, 02:59:48 PM »

tsk - oh we do to....just a titch.

What people here don't realize is we drop industrial strength salt on thousands and thousands of miles of highways and County roads in Minnesota...a lot.....I have many County roads in my city in fact.

But, I have a rabid group of environmental citizens in my town who frown on any salt/sand combo on residential streets. Neighboring suburbs do better...I don't get their reality for "environmentalism" when above is true (highways and county roads)....makes my neighborhood unsafe to get in and out of a car or walk imo. And makes a bad name for them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:01:56 PM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #1319 on: February 05, 2023, 04:54:38 PM »

From National Geographic...quite the close up.