Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009059 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1245 on: February 03, 2023, 02:22:09 PM »

Oh boy....my front yard/boulevard tree killed by At and T (punctured a hole in my gas line with there running fiber without a camera) a honey locust.
...is coming down on Monday...a contractor called today...I knew it would come down this winter and the weather was prohibitive till next week.
I called her back and told her to protect my arbors (a few feet away), my fence, and gardens...
She understood and said an arborist had already been out here and would call me as I suggested they maybe burlap those arbors?..or whatever and I let her know I would be watching :) :)

Literally prayers and crossing my fingers...those arbors provide privacy from the parking lot across the street from me....for 24 years plus...I wouldn't have bought the house without them.

Using a crane and blocking the street she said.....we shall see.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:27:52 PM by kbshcb »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1246 on: February 03, 2023, 02:28:39 PM »

SWFL Eagles home of Harriet, M15 and little ones E21 & E22

Prayers needed for our sweet Harriet...
please be safe Harriet!! :'(  also see live report from boots on ground wskrsnwings, thank you for the update ((wskrsnwings))💜

SWFL Eagles ~ Where Is Harriet? She Flew Off & Did Not Return! M15 Flies Off At Night 3 Times
https://youtu.be/80EFAKYbqX8 via LadyHawk

Harriet was on the attic in the early afternoon around 14:35pm keeping watch over the E's. She flew off and then she returned around 17:32pm to the outer arch briefly before she flew off heading west & turned north at 17:36pm. M15 was seen in the upper branches. Harriet never returned home for the evening. M15 is seen on the attic looking & waiting for her while he is keeping watch over the E's as it got dark and evening fell upon the nest.

During the night, M15 suddenly flew off the attic branch three times and returned back to the nest tree. It is unknown what caused M15 to fly off. He may have heard or saw something in the area. M15 then returned and remained on the attic guarding the E's overnight. Harriet never returned to the nest tree.

There was a report with photos by a local photographer of Harriet casting out a pellet or what appeared to be some sort of object which looked like fishing line with a sinker on it. There are concerns that she swallowed fishing line with a hook/sinker on it from the catfish that was brought in. It has not been confirmed that this was fishing line. We all hope & pray that Harriet is okay and that she will return safely to the nest. M15 is protecting and providing for the E's.

SWFEC Essec has commented: "We realize our viewers have been wondering where Harriet has been. This usually happens every season where one of the adults are not seen for for a while. Of course we don't know where she might be or why she hasn't been seen at the nest this morning. We all hope there is nothing serious that might keep her from the nest area. But until a downed eagle is spotted there really isn't much anyone can do. Please do not contact CROW, as they are unable to do anything either unless a call comes in that a downed eagle has been spotted. I'm sure locals are keeping their eyes open wherever they can." Thank you for watching!

update via wskrsnwings...

SWFL Eagles_ M15 Great Provider & Protector 02.03.23 https://youtu.be/7n1daNKd3yQ via wskrsnwings
M15 watched over the E's this morning, doing a great job as he always does. He brought two food items for them (a small unknown food morsel and a roadkill rabbit) and fed them too. M15 made short trips away but returned and watched over the E's and the territory. Harriet has not been seen on cam since yesterday afternoon. But it seems every season, one parent or the other is not seen for a period of time and it causes us more concern than it does them. E21 & E22 are now four weeks old (E21/30 days  E22/28 days). Mama owl was seen feeding her owlets in N2 (nest 2) today also.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:35:20 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1247 on: February 03, 2023, 03:33:27 PM »

Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:39:49 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #1248 on: February 03, 2023, 04:21:47 PM »

This is the woman who threw the dog out...
was charged last year with torturing/shooting a dog in Bloomington in Nov. 2021 and leaving it for dead. It lost it's eye..

Please stop letting these peeps out!....repeatedly.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1249 on: February 03, 2023, 06:18:15 PM »

Lani - Thank you for the kind words on the pics in the DE eagle thread.   :D  Thanks for the Royal update. 

kb - Glad to hear the new holding while nail clipping works.  Prayers for your arbors.  I agree, stop letting these criminals out!

Phyl - Awesome catch of the hummingbird mama.  Same for me...hot coffee and a book or magazine!  I am getting ready to go ready my AARP magazine now.  :)

Lori - Thank you so much for the SWFL update!  I am hoping that H is just taking a day or two for herself. 

tsk - Hope all went well today....HUGS!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1250 on: February 03, 2023, 06:34:15 PM »

LISA   Shingles shot has to be 6 months apart.  Pharmacy would not have given it sooner.

KB  WOW  Thanks for that very positive report on the dog that was thrown.  Glad they at least got 2 females.  I see the pic you posted.  This kid has a real problem - Starts with animals and progresses. More positive news on Ollie and your trip to the vet.  Great that it is all less traumatic by holding him yourself.    Well if they damage the arbors - they replace.  I don't think you will have a problem tho.

LANI  Love the dance party  ;D ;D   Mike still stays really busy. Thanks for the Royal update.

PHYL  Nice pic of the hummer.  Nest is really so tiny.  White kitty and snowman, ;D

LORI   Yikes at SWFL  M15 doing a good job of feeding and protecting.  Love those crocus!

Report on today and will not discuss on a daily basis.  After no improvement from the first injection on Jan 16 and no relief from the 3rd pain killer -Lyrica as prescribed- I got a second injection today going in a little different angle.  Lots of pain to lay prone for this. Pushing up to hands and knees to get off the table.  :P  Plan:  See him again in 3 weeks ( or less) on Feb 27.  Increase Lyrica to max dose 200mg 3 times a day.  Make appt with surgeon which I did and will see him next Wed . This is so I am in the system and ready to go if needed. I will get a feel from him what is likely to happen .
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #1251 on: February 03, 2023, 06:58:14 PM »

Tsk - the interval between shots on the (Shingrix) shingles vaccine is 2-6 months - as short as 30 days with compromised immune system.  Not recommended to exceed 6 months.  My pharmacy phoned my 9 weeks after first shot to remind me to schedule the 2nd shot.
From the CDC
What Everyone Should Know about the Shingles Vaccine (Shingrix)   -   https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingles/public/shingrix/index.html

Cats gets excited with sushi rolls   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCOPewrFlw

Quarantine Kids play "Stayin' Alive"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9x5XoSQcGE

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1252 on: February 03, 2023, 07:34:36 PM »

Kb shucks no what the vet siad about his spinal issues. I feel confident Ollieman will be us for a good while.  :-*
Thank you for keeping up with Taho. Sadly this woman's release is  a symptom of what is ailing  this world. Ditto Tsk, it all starts with defenseless animals, then human children/elderly and then human adults.
Shame on AT &Tfor your gas line --- I hope they'll pay for repairs and all.

Tsk I'm sorry about your doc visit. Lyrica , there's much it's prescribed for and I hope for you it's the lesser  of reasons  {{{}}}

Lani Glad Mike is staying busy and still working.

Lisa LOL  you do AARP mag and I do Archeaology mag.  :)

Lori tks for SWFL update---ditto on crocus

Oldguy tks for CCD link Shingrix vacc. I''ve seen most everyothing now---toy sushi rolls filled with catnip. Q kids 'S t ayn' Alive'

Bubblegum Cloud Fudge
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963928807932/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1253 on: February 03, 2023, 07:37:46 PM »

The full 'Snow micromoon' rises Feb. 5. Here's how to see it.

By Stephanie Pappas published 1 day ago
The full moon will be quite distant from Earth on Feb. 5, making it a 'micromoon'.

https://www.livescience.com/february-snow-moon-micromoon?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=0A05DF83-966D-4817-AEF1-3521817FA137&utm_source=SmartBrief

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1254 on: February 03, 2023, 07:40:07 PM »

'Good Evening' .
Wishing  everyone ‘SEDs’

Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1255 on: February 03, 2023, 09:09:15 PM »

LisaG - hope all went well with Jeff's appointment today. :)

Lani - Love the Peanuts gang gif this morning!  Glad Mike is doing well  :)

Kb - Glad it helps when  you hold Ollie to have his nails clipped.  He trusts you.  I hope the rest of your trees get protected and not harmed in any way.

Phyl - Oh my gosh - those teeny baby hummers - so cute!!!! :-*  Glad it sounds like Jim and Maggie are doing fine. :)

Lori - Oh no - I didn't realize Harriett hadn't returned to nest - I pray for her safe return - thankful for M15 bringing in some food.

Tsk - Thank you for sharing today. {{Tsk}}

Oldguy - Thanks for good links.

Night Tig, Blschue, Puff, Baz, Clynn, BL, Peep, Jaspurr, Weasel, T40, Eburg, Lilbro, Karen, Paulie, Emy, Ezee, Ssrl, Ginger, Jilltosa, Maxie, Nr  :)

Beakers have a good night.

kbshcb

« Reply #1256 on: February 03, 2023, 09:19:18 PM »

Na, I think it's like tackling an alligator....turn them over and they go limp.....it's not that Ollie trusts me more. I just have him on his back!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1257 on: February 03, 2023, 10:17:38 PM »

bounce
What E4E said...  ;)
Saw 80 for Brady (cute) and Knock at the Cabin (yuck) today, after a good pool workout.
SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #1258 on: February 03, 2023, 11:08:25 PM »

It is the end of another day - work weekend for me -

Thought this a fitting Friday night song from a singer approaching 96 years on Mar. 1
Harry Belafonte - Banana Boat Song (live) 1997   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9angh4KdQ
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1259 on: February 03, 2023, 11:09:25 PM »

Hot diggity doggity!
She did it!
The second attempt at a successful nesting season has begun.
You did it---Aryana !
  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Aryana Hummingbird

Feb 3, 2023 10:41 AM
Camera Time: Feb 3, 2023 8:41 AM PST

Two wonderful teeny-tiny chicks.  :-* :-* :-*

sweet  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander