Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009071 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1230 on: February 03, 2023, 05:57:32 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !
It's 29F .  High of  37 Fand clear .  Evening/night 19 F clear.

Hope everyone had a restful night's sleep. LOL 3 cheers for Chuck. ;D

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

oldguysad to hear about Claires cats, more than a roomful to cope with. However, relieved to hear they're all recovering nicely

Clynn
prayers for Bella--hoping it's all 'just a cold'; tks for news on Karen, hoping she has set PT sessions and a good therapist;  Pippers!
Cats are awesome---no wonder I love them so very much.
Nice AM greetings yesterday

Eagles & Kris sending prayers for   you both

Tsk
sounds like Lulu is very active and playful.  ;)   :-* enjoy hearing about her.

Bischue thanks for update; certainly praying the vision surgery will last and ll. Luv your creation for Granddaughter & her American Girl doll. 

Lani charming AM greeting yesterday with all the birds and bittersweet; tks for update on Harriet and Wild Heart Ranch

Tig  congrats on the humongus fish

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1231 on: February 03, 2023, 05:59:35 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Laguna Niguel, California
Jan 31, 2023 10:23 AM
Camera Time: Jan 31, 2023 8:23 AM PST

Can just barely see 'the eggs'! Oh boy!

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1232 on: February 03, 2023, 06:08:50 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands, California
Feb 3, 2023 6:03 AM
Camera Time: Feb 3, 2023 4:02 AM PST

A really foggy 'Good Morning' Jak and Audacity. 
Who must have that helmeted head tucked beneath her wing.

Click to enlarge

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1233 on: February 03, 2023, 07:05:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, eagle couples sleeping together all over the country! I would have named her Jill...  -1 right now, high today 17. Can't wait for tomorrow, high 44! Hummingbird nests are so very tiny and then Mom puts her long pointed beak in there to feed...amazing! Your breakfast toast and jam looks good!

baz, good to see you! Love hearing of the action on your holly bush! Hope Lil' Punkin is doing well, is she still in the Trial?

blschue, good luck on the second cataract surgery, I had never heard of that!

Lani, sweet goodnight, a girl and her cat! Imagine if that was Claire...

oldguy, OMG, Claire and all of her cats sick! She must have been very worried...that woud be a full time jopb taking care of all of them. So glad they are over it!

BL, oh my gosh, that video of the guy at the Mt. Washington Observatory! Yes, keep your cheeks inside!  ;D ;D

E4E, I hate that Kris is still having pain from the shingles... I hope it diminishes in time...I forgot to mention that I got my first Shingrix shot yesterday. 2nd one sometime in the next 6 months or so.

SWFL Eagles - Katie Bonner - Can we just have a baby eagle foot appreciation post? 😄 🤣  Look how big their feet are compared to their floppy little bodies ❤️  I can't take the cuteness.

LesleytheBirdNerd - Sweet Girl really loves almonds. I've noticed that many of the other female Blue jays go crazy for them too but not so much the males, other than Blue. I wonder what that is all about?!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1234 on: February 03, 2023, 07:23:17 AM »

HI EVERYONE

1 degree heading to 11  sunny  BRRR.

EAGLES   Lulu has not any interest in the outdoors as yet.  ;)   

BL  Looks like you will be in for some very cold weather.  Be safe and hunker down.

OLDGUY   WOW  It 's bad enough to have 1 sick cat and not 9 ( TT spared)  That was quite a video!

BAZI   Good to see you and have that wonderful description of the berry bonanza  ;D

BISCHUE   I never heard of that before about cataract surgery.  Thanks for the info.  How cool was that  - the matching outfits and cute ones at that.  ;D  Bet Grandma had a fun time making them as well.

PUFF   Bluegill sure was a weird choice.  ::)

PHYL   Beautiful hummer nest.

CLYNN  Hope you feel OK today.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1235 on: February 03, 2023, 08:02:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......T.G.I.F.!!!!!

Morning Puff  :)

((tsk)) - Thinking of you today, good luck with doc appointment.

E4E - The weather is what it is, but yea, would love an early Spring.  Temps are dropping here today, and it has already started to get windy. 

BrokenLug - I think we are getting the same weather as you, just not -14...they are saying -3.

oldguy - Thanks for the video from Claire.

baz - Good to see you.   :)

Lani - Love your good night pic.

blschue - Good news on your eye procedure.  Awww, cute outfits for granddaughter and her doll.

Phyl - Your lil jam sammies this morning look delish!  Great pics from the cams. 

clynn - SWFL kiddos and their big clown feet  :D  Feeling ok today from the shingle shot?  Hmmm, I feel like I got my 2nd shingle shot sooner than 6 month.  Im trying to remember, I think I got my flu and first shingle shot in Sept, and then in Dec., I got the 2nd shingle shot.

kbshcb

« Reply #1236 on: February 03, 2023, 08:13:48 AM »

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/ramsey-county-sheriffs-deputies-rescue-puppy-thrown-from-stolen-car/89-7cb87575-e88e-44ef-b749-ab03c297c823
A bit of an update on the puppy thrown onto the highway.
They have named him Taho....he's a Johnson bulldog.
Although this article isn't updated like another, 20,000 dollars has been raised to take care of the puppy.
A drone was used to find him and they consider themselves lucky as he was laying very low in the snow 50 yards from where he was thrown. A slice of pizza was used to keep him calm. They believe he survived the cold temps at night because of the snow surrounding him.
The stolen car was pitted and 2 females are in custody, passengers in the vehicle, and 2 males fled on foot.
Lucky dog....

reminds me of spring!

Morning all.
It's 12 below right now and Ollie has a toe nail clip appt at his vets....yuk...will make him wear his coat even with the car warmed up in advance...
The next time he needs this done, 8 weeks, it will be spring..

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1237 on: February 03, 2023, 09:34:25 AM »

BL - Thanks for all the weather updates.  You always give such thorough, great info.  Unbelievable the temp your SIL will be enduring in VT  :o ::)

Oldguy - I watched part of Claire Luvcat, but will need to finish - thank you!

Baz - Great to see you!  Loved reading about all the bird activities you've had the joy of watching!!

Lani - Thank you & I'm always grateful Kris is on your Nite prayer list. :-*   Are you getting busier with preparing for the huge convention?  How is Mike?

Blschue - Wishing all the best for you with the eye procedure you had earlier this week. {Blschue}   Like the darling pics of your Granddaughter & Doll's matching outfits!!  You are so talented!! ;D

Puff - Interesting about the fish - thanks!! ;D

Phyl - Like your yummy morning pic!  Amazing little hummer nest  :)   Nice pic at Sauces-Channel Islands  :)

Clynn - Hope your arm doesn't feel too sore today - the 2nd shot is usually given between 2 - 6 months after the 1st shot, but I'm sure your Pharmacist or Doctor explained it to you.  :)    Love the SWFL clown feet!!   Cute LesleytheBirdNerd pic!

Tsk - Hopefully you get to stay in and be warm!  Glad Lulu has no interest in going outdoors.  ;D

LisaG - That's right; I had forgotten that you received your 1st Shingles shot & your Flu shot at the same time back in Sept!

Kb - Thank you for the udate on the Pup and so happy he is well taken care of now.   Love the sweet baby ducks - such a cute pic.   Good luck for you & Ollie at his nail clipping appt.!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1238 on: February 03, 2023, 11:00:13 AM »

E4E - You had a nice day, too.

Kb - Adorable lil goslings.

Off across the bridge to take Jeff to eye doctor.  See you all later.  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1239 on: February 03, 2023, 11:01:07 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, I've been busy during work around the home before busy part starts in March-May. Mike is doing well. He leaves for a four day stay in Gila Bend next week. They have their annual safety and environment visitation and seminar starting Monday. He has to do three hour online safety checks every month.

Kb, great update on Taho! Love the baby goslings.  :-*

Lisa, love your Decorah Eagle thread pics, the one with the beautiful lone male cardinal is gorgeous!

Clynn, I hope all is well after your shot  :) ... love the SWFL eaglet pics, tons of cuteness for sure! Interesting about Lesley's Blue jays and almonds.

Phyl, I can see a little of one of the eggs. Sweet  :)

Blschue, Thanks for sharing about the laser surgery. I've never heard of it.... I pray the second cataract surgery will help, prayers for healing and success. Love the matching outfits you created for your granddaughter and her doll. Perfect!  ;D

Royal Albatross - 2/3 20:37 - A warm day & the #RoyalCam chick is getting too big for constant brooding. 
SP can also retain body heat better, less dependent on mum for this.  Still relies on L for cover, when it is time to rest.
Enjoy some sunset sounds & alby zen to end your week.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1621514094665945090
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1240 on: February 03, 2023, 11:06:06 AM »

Yeah!...we didn't die!  ;) ;)...brutal cold and now home but only up to -6....last cold day in a few so am happy that's over....geesh, the parking lot was still mounds of ice. I was surprised, my own "parking lot"...driveway,teehee is all tar for deliveries etc...I wear my tennis shoes and not boots when I think I'm just going in and out of a lot...walked around the car and got Ollie in and out of his kennel very carefully.

BTW, he no longer seems to be able to jump up into the back seat of my Jeep without my lifting his back end....He's in no pain but will have to think of alternatives going forward for getting inside easier.

The new trick of my holding him while their techs clip his nails works beautifully...

Lani - love your updates on the albatross chick..

Phyl

« Reply #1241 on: February 03, 2023, 11:33:18 AM »

Hot diggity doggity!
She did it!
The second attempt at a successful nesting season has begun.
You did it---Aryana !
  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Aryana Hummingbird

Feb 3, 2023 10:41 AM
Camera Time: Feb 3, 2023 8:41 AM PST

Two wonderful teeny-tiny chicks.  :-* :-* :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1242 on: February 03, 2023, 11:37:24 AM »

Here's the YouTube video of Aryana and her chicks.[/i]

Hatch Alert! | Aryana Hummingbird Has Two Chicks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGxxKgs1LOg&t=2s

Link to my thread in 'Bird  Cams and Other Information
https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2807.new#new

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1243 on: February 03, 2023, 12:00:29 PM »

Clynn luv the AM greetings; you're so cold up there! Brrr.  How are you feeling?
SWFL Eagles - Katie Bonner  look at those 'clown feet'!
Bald eagle cuteness.
Thanks for sharing LesleytheBirdNerd , and her blue bird girl enjoying almonds. I have to remember that with our Blues

Tsk great AM greeting . Do you see the Doc today? 

BL  Brrrr! Stay home.

Lisa   hot coffee and a book or magazine---that's me!   

Kb thank you! for update on Taho the Johnson bulldog. Well at least they caught some of the criminals. Hope they find the two guys involved
Darling goslings from Canada ;
Good Ollie's nail appt went well. Sometimes all it takes is Mama. Ollie's getting to be and 'old gentleman'  :-* Maybe Cosequin in his future?
Or  a ramp?

Eagles fancy morning greeting   ;)   Nice day back to you

Lani tks for R Albatross update  and  sunset sounds & alby zen ; Luv the Peanuts gang partying down .

Jim was off at 10:15 am from 6:15am. Gave him errands in addition to his refueling Pontiac and reloading his NowCard for lunches.
Magpie's been sunning her little 'ol self.
And, me laundry and bed sheets.
What's for dinner---not a clue.

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #1244 on: February 03, 2023, 12:25:32 PM »

Phyl - I agree on both...I gave Ollie cosequin for 2 months following his low back injury this past summer as well as Rimadyl....have had it in the back of my mind to continue "just in case" and as a maintenance dose. Will order it now and do that after noticing his difficulty jumping high today.

I bought a stair thingy which didn't work back then as well, but gave it away after Ollie didn't use it.
But,  a ramp of course will work better.

I have a hard time seeing him as an old man only because my large GSD lived to be 16 1/2  and Ollie's only going to be 8....but I hear ya...he indeed is getting older....Vet always said with his long body he could end up with spinal issues some day.