Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009277 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1215 on: February 02, 2023, 11:48:04 AM »

this is me ;) ;)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1216 on: February 02, 2023, 12:58:26 PM »

TIG   A lot of fish data.  Wish I could fish as much as you.  I love it.  Large mouth bass are fun to catch and eat.  Enjoy your reading day and dinner out tonight.

OLDGUY  Gorgeous eagle piece.  :)   Love is in the air  LOL    Cute Penny  ;D

LANI   Beautiful AM photo.  Dancing albatross - mating ritual I think.  So beautiful.   LOLOL  Clever shark sculptures  ;D

KB    LOLOL  "So I ate him"
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1217 on: February 02, 2023, 03:38:36 PM »

Not a boast, just a comparison. 6 pounds is a good size for walleye. The state record is over 17 lbs. I once also caught a 9 pound Northern Pike, which is a good size for that species. And then a 2.5 pound crappie. I was so excited... thought sure it was a record. Um. No. The MN record for black crappie is 5 pounds, white crappie 3 lbs. 15 ounces. BTW... Walleye is the MN state fish. I prefer large mouth bass. The state record is 8 lb. 12 oz. My Mom once caught a 6 pounder!
Reading day for me... Paul Newman's memoir.
Turning into a cold one again. We will be taking Bro n wife to dinner as another thanks for all the help in snow removal.
HAGD
Luve the cardinal and blue pic

tig  I didn't know that - Walleye for MN.  I had to check Bluegill for IL.  What? Why?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #1218 on: February 02, 2023, 03:50:43 PM »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1219 on: February 02, 2023, 06:07:22 PM »

Lisa, I haven't talked to Erin today, but I am assuming that Bella's cold is just a cold...it wasn't very bad yesterday. I have been to Sam's  today and got my usual supplies (except for milk), then to Target to pick up some things I ordered for Bella's Birthday, and of course I had to shop around... (it's required for me, I do love to shop!) Then to Costco to get Ed's milk, then to Carters/OshKosh B'gosh store to pick up another order. I have taken a little nap, I was tired!

One more day of really cold and then it will be 44 on Saturday!

Lani, love your morning pic! Bluebird, Cardinal and Finches...lovely! Snow sharks!  ;D ;D ;D

tsk, I talked to Karen today, she is going to get the epidural if Medicare approves it.  Her Dr. told her they would follow it up with a second one. I don't know if she heard them right on that! She told me to let you know.

oldguy, great Only in America!

Sue Bruhling - What a Beautiful Picture of Queen Harriet and all of her Beauty... ❤
Southwest Florida Eagles - January 31, 2023 - Thank You! MLiz Photos for sharing with us! ❤

Wild Heart Ranch - I’m sure he’s one of ours still bitter about the whole release thing…

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

BrokenLug

« Reply #1220 on: February 02, 2023, 06:30:09 PM »

Good Morning Beakers

this is me ;) ;)

Good ones KB & OG. lol   :)

We use Staten Island Chuck (aka Charles G. Hogg) for our Rodentia prognostication.
He's more accurate supposedly and has predicted correctly 80% of the time from 1981 - 2022.   
This year he's calling for an Early Spring around here which we can easily believe, see links below.   :o

After the warmest January on record in New York City ...
 https://twitter.com/NWSNewYorkNY/status/1620895997995122688?s=20&t=3dl0yDIDnz-lo37joodEEw

This is latest first measurable snowfall for the season since record keeping began in 1869 ...
 https://twitter.com/NWSNewYorkNY/status/1620735969195618304?s=20&t=3dl0yDIDnz-lo37joodEEw

See the header in this article ACCURACY RATE for the Chuck vs Phil stats.   ;) ;)
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1221 on: February 02, 2023, 06:35:58 PM »

Clynn- You have been busy running around today.  I hope that is all it is, just a lil cold for Bella.  Beautiful pic of Queen Harriet and lol, the squirrel.  Reading your comment to tsk about Karen.  I hope the injection helps her. 

BrokenLug- I hope Chuck is right!  I’m ready for Spring.

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1222 on: February 02, 2023, 06:50:58 PM »

CLYNN   Well I bet you got in your 10,000 steps today!!!  That would wear me out too.  You must order on line - why not just go to the Carters/Oshgosh store and shop ? or the Target store.   Didn't know Karen needed an epidural?  Guess they are thinking her inability to walk may be due to that.  We will see what the doc says tomorrow - almost 3 weeks after the epidural.  Gorgeous pic of Harriet.

BL  Yay for chuck  ( I'm a rodent  - not a meteorologist) 
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1223 on: February 02, 2023, 09:05:19 PM »

Hi Tsk - I bet Lulu is not interested in going outside these days!  6 more weeks of winter.

Tig - Love the fishing stories!! The fact that your Mom caught a 6 lb Bass is not far from the record - amazing!  Enjoy your reading - sounds like a great one!

Oldguy - Loved the story of lady getting her first kitty!!!

Lani - Awe thank you so much  :-*    That is so funny how Milo & Norman prefer other things than toys to play with! ;D

LisaG - I wish you and some others didn't have 6 more weeks of winter to look forward to. :o ::)   I wish you all an early Spring!

Kb - Yes, Spring is just the thing you need right now.

Puff -  What is "Bluegill for IL"??  I do not get it, but the message was for Tig. . . .

Clynn - Hope Bella feels better soon - and I am sure she will!! ;D  Thanks for SWFL.   Thank you for asking about Kris, but I know some folks are probably tired of hearing about it, so I don't speak about it much here anymore.  He has chronic pain every day, but he keeps carrying on and hoping one of these days that the nerve pain on his face, head & around his eye eases up.   On a lighter note - I bet you enjoyed shopping and I don't blame you for taking a much needed nap! ;D

BL - Wow - record breaking warmth in Jan.  Thank you for the stats.

Hello & thinking of Lori, Phyl, Blschue, Pink, Baz, T40, Weasel Lilbro, Jaspurr, Peep, Karen, Eburg, Bggolden, Maxie, Ezee, Ssrl, Nr, Ginger, Emyrauld, Jilltosa & All.

All Beakers have a good night - SEDs & sleep well.  :)

BrokenLug

« Reply #1224 on: February 02, 2023, 09:32:20 PM »

BL  Yay for chuck  ( I'm a rodent  - not a meteorologist) 

tsk that was clynn, but I agree with clynn on the sentiment of a rodent as a forecaster.   

We're going to get a little January payback for 48 hrs with a quick hitting very cold/windy Polar vortex here in the NE.

- At Hat Hanging - ahh.. if you will.

We're forecast to bottom out at about -14° F RealFeel @ 2 am Saturday 02/04/23 -
No sweat or chill for Pip & I, we can and have done that in a snow cave without a mummy bag and just the well prepared winter weather clothing on our backs.  8)

Some in the NE could see some serious cold temp records fall however.

That -100° F temperature (Apparent Temperature) on the map below would be Mt. Washington, NH.
I haven't seen "Apparent Temperature (°F) beyond display range" very often on the NDFD.  :o

https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/mount-washington-realfeel-temperature-to-approach-100-f/1477592

My SIL in Montpelier VT forecast to be -42° said she will just be chilling out with all the critters tomorrow night listening to the Grateful Dead by the wood stove.  8) 

I miss the crackle of that very .. hearth .. keep all yours well quilted there.

Proud card carrying member of the Mt Washington 100 mph Club.
But you would not catch my human cheek skin exposed nary outside of the Observatory walls ! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIPyhuQmKg

There is about to be some very crazy weather stuff going on right here.
It will make you feel very warm where you is.
https://xmountwashington.appspot.com/csc.html?data=more

Stay toasty my Beaker friends  :)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 12:56:35 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #1225 on: February 02, 2023, 10:21:59 PM »

Claire Luvcat has a new video out - it explains why she has not posted lately...  lots of info - you may need to pause frequently to be able to read it all...

My 10 Cats Were Afflicted with a Mysterious Virus! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i77-YOsI4Wc
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1226 on: February 02, 2023, 11:20:42 PM »

Hi Beakers!  :)

Yikes! I have 23 pages of posts to read to catch up in The Beak!!  LOL, that will take me some time to do.  I guess I will start with reading the most recent posts - from yesterday and today - and go from there.  :)

Meanwhile, just a quick post for now to say hello to everyone!  :D  I've been busy doing "stuff."  Got my federal and state taxes e-filed yesterday. Ugh... taxes  ::)  But it's done. Whew!  I've been keeping a close eye on the wild birds around my place, as usual. Today, a large flock of Robins descended upon the holly bushes and had a big ol' red berry feast! They were pretty funny to watch, and quite inventive in how they got to some of the berries!! I wondered how many times they got pricked by the sticker points on the leaves! A small flock of Cedar Waxwings flew in right behind the Robins, and The Great Red Berry-Eating Race was on! A race to see who could grab and eat the holly berries first. LOL, even a Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, who hangs out in the Live Oak tree surrounded by those holly bushes with the red berries, hopped down into the fray a couple of times.  That was pretty funny to see.  And Rocky the Squirrel decided to unearth a couple of his acorns in his cache right under those bushes to eat an acorn - right in the middle of that frantic Robin and Waxwing wingding!!  Maybe he was afraid they would eat his acorns if he didn't eat them first! LOLOL! I had left a whole almond in the shell on the curb under that tree for him since it was cold and rainy off and on today, and I saw he got that, too.  But he carried it off, instead of eating it there.  A good time was had by all.  ;) :D :-*

Take care, (((Beakers))). I hope all are safe and warm. SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1227 on: February 03, 2023, 12:15:24 AM »

Oldguy, Claire is an caring and loving mother to her cats. I bet she hardly slept. So glad the cats are on the mend.

{{{Hugs Eagles}}} it's wonderful that you and Kris can enjoy your busy schedule in spite of the chronic pain he suffers. He's always on our prayer list.

Clynn, prayers for little Miss Bella, but like you I'm sure it's just a cold.  :-*. ... I pray Karen will have the shot and start some type of PT. Happy to hear she's going in that direction and I pray Medicare will approve it. It'll make a big difference for her.... gorgeous pic of Harriet.... Wild Heart Ranch squirrel  ;D

Hi Baz, great to see you! Love your bird and the Great Red Berry-Eating Race story!

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink,Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

blschue

« Reply #1228 on: February 03, 2023, 02:33:22 AM »

"Posterior capsulotomy (or YAG laser capsulotomy) is laser surgery you might need sometime after cataract surgery. It helps you see clearly if your vision becomes cloudy again.

When you have cataract surgery, your ophthalmologist removes your eye's cloudy lens. They replace it with a clear, artificial intraocular lens (IOL). The IOL is held in place in the eye’s natural lens capsule. Weeks, months or years later, this capsule can become cloudy or wrinkled, causing blurry vision. This is called a posterior capsule opacification (PCO). It’s also sometimes called a "secondary cataract" or "scar tissue." With posterior capsulotomy, a laser is used to make an opening in the cloudy capsule. This allows light to pass through again for clear vision."

This is what I had done yesterday and so far it seems to have fixed my sight problems. I had never heard of it before but I was told it happens to over 50% of cataract surgeries.

I made my granddaughter matching outfits for her and her American Girl doll.

Puff

« Reply #1229 on: February 03, 2023, 05:54:44 AM »

Scary business for Claire and her troop.  Hope she gets some additional hints about all the signs, preventions, and treatments.  Although she was diligent and effective, being scared would be an understatement.

E4E Re the "bluegill". That was a response to KB's mention that the walleye is the state fish of Minnesota.  I wish IL had something better to brag about.  Not too long ago IL voted in the bluegill.  It's not a dynamic selection:  Small, about 1 mouthful per bite, hang out in lagoons.  I don't get it.  A big beautiful Lake Michigan full of perch, bass, trout. . .but a bluegill gets the vote?

P