Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 578430 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11160 on: November 13, 2023, 12:47:17 PM »

OLDGUY   So I'm going to ask why don't you have the Nylock jam nut?  :o 8) ::) ???

A jam nut is used for the purpose of 'locking' the hex nut to the bolt by applying force to the hex nut against the threads.  A nylock achieves the same result by the tight fit of the nylon insert.  If the nut is tighten to the proper torque, the nylock feature is not needed.  This leaves the nylock jam nut's only value is when the space for a nut is restricted and a normal nut will not fit.  If product is properly designed, that never occurs... ;)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #11161 on: November 13, 2023, 01:04:28 PM »

tsk and oldguy - I think I have all of those nuts in various places of my property...in multiples!
Whether or not I'd know how to use them is the real question!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11162 on: November 13, 2023, 02:36:04 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

World Heritage Species  · The thinner tree was cut years ago and the big one has been holding and feeding it since then. They "wake up" together in the spring and "go to sleep" together in the autumn. Inosculation is a natural phenomenon in which parts of two different trees, commonly but not exclusively the same species, grow together, self grafting and sharing nutrients.

Clynn, ohmygosh!!!  I love your World Heritage Species information and photo post!!!   :) :-*  "Inosculation."  New word for me.  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11163 on: November 13, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #11164 on: November 13, 2023, 04:33:05 PM »

Hello Beakers

There is still a lot of shaking going on in Iceland - but at this time still no magma...
Iceland Volcano Updates | Heavy Damage in the Town of Grindavík   -    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpNqLMbekLc   (New)
Large Earthquake Hits Iceland. Extensive Earth Deformation and Large Magma Tunnel    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-irtu9VpzA

This Cat Used to Be So Cute and Gentle... What Happened to Her? (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRxL8UHO6Y

Cats and Autumn leaves in the garden   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBKj_TaS8mU

Quarantine Kids play "Hippy Hippy Shake"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9FC15GO4E

A Cat Who Was Born To Be A Princess !!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw34lab1jqI

Sat cards - 2 games to totally forget about... ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 05:36:26 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #11165 on: November 13, 2023, 05:42:54 PM »

Good evening Beakers!   When you are finished washing your windows, drop i. And do a few of mine!  Lol.
Love tge tree and description of it! Who would have thought it!  Yes Baz, Clynn brought a new lesson today and a new word!  Love it!
Cute squirrel story.  Pretty smart!
Smart gardeners do follow Mothers example with a blanket of leaves!  Kind of like recycling and fertilizing all at once!
Phyl, hope you have the water under control!
Lani, good reports today!  Thanks!
Eagles, Piper really cant see the decorated house!  It is across the side street from me!  Visible from my bedroom and the screen porch and patio!  All she would see are lights as opposed to the blow ups on the yard!
Wish all Seds!

LisaG1967

« Reply #11166 on: November 13, 2023, 06:00:36 PM »

Kb - Sorry your favorite restaurant will be closed on Thanksgiving day.  I would love to se a Northern Harrier.  I think they are so cool looking. 

Lani - Very interesting looking bird.  Aww, Binx is cute. 

Oldguy - Love the song choice by Q-kids! 

Good night, everyone  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11167 on: November 13, 2023, 06:18:19 PM »

OLDGUY  You are so smart!  :)  What a sweet piece on Santi's Princess  ;D  Love the alligator part.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11168 on: November 13, 2023, 07:07:22 PM »

Clynn - Good for you in the sleep you had!! :)  How did the window cleaning go?  Probably a lot of work  ;)    That is such a coincidence that you & I both received a bicycle and then a transistor radio at the same age!!  Our parents must have been on the same page! ;D    Interesting tree picture.  I have heard of grafting, but never seen a picture like this one!

Og - You explained about the store not stocking the Nylock jam nut and I showed it all to my hubby who has been a mechanic all of his life and he completely acknowledged what you said.  He went on to explain it all to me, and now I understand about all the nuts in the 'Know Nuts November' that Clynn had posted! ;D    Just read that cards didn't go so well last Saturday - but you'll get 'em next time!!

Lani - Thank you for all the good links!  Just learned something new about you - that you do not like beer! :)  I do like an ice cold beer every once in a while - but mostly I like a glass of wine. ;)

Phyl - You are receiving your new Washer tomorrow?  Such a bummer you & Jim had to deal with all the mess and water.

Puff  :)

LisaG - That is good how Bandit will let you know if someone comes to the door!

Kb - That is too bad about your favorite restaurant not offering TG meals to buy this year because of being closed. ::)

Tsk - Good job in getting your windows cleaned today!!

Hi Baz, Tig  :)

Karen  :)

Hi BL, Lori  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11169 on: November 13, 2023, 08:47:40 PM »

Tsk  That;s funny---'sandbagging'. No none of that. But, we did lift the washer to wipe up the dripping of  overflow from the tub
that filled the inside and was filling the drip pan;  :o  got clean windows.

E4E like the 'Autumn Tyme' ; the new washer should be delivered sometime this Wednesday.

CLynn really like the chalkboard 'No act of kindness..." ; hopefully Wednesday the new LG will be installed; "Inosculation"  is very interesting. Tks.
Familiar with 'grafting'.

Old Guy here's the title of your new book, " Every Woman's Guide to the Facts of Home Maintainace and Repair'. All the ladies here get a signed copy at
no charge.  ;D  Rotten luck in cards last weekend.  Always enjoy the Q-Kids; Walter piece on "princess kitty. The alligator part surprised me at first.

Lani  thanks for the Royal Albie update and reports and all; Takahē look sort of prehistoric but sound almost delicate. I read an updated article in Nat'l Geo on
the prehistoric creatures that roamed Earth and studies reveal they were feathered and not usually scaled. Above all brightly colored.

Lisa  enjoyed the cuppa coco on your porch this AM  ;D

Karen water was under control  the moment I turned off the water lines last Wednesday.  ;)

In the Midwest Clamato and beer becomes 'Red Beer'.  ::)

I think I"m caught up...who knows?
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11170 on: November 13, 2023, 08:56:18 PM »

"Good Evening'  SEDs Everyone .                                   

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11171 on: November 13, 2023, 11:55:30 PM »

Tsk, Kb, I was surprised about the theft. I don't remember them posting anything about it. Plus, there are three cams covering the area. Two are Port Harbor cams that closely cover the boats as well as the land.

It makes no sense at all’: The mystifying case of Taiaroa Head’s stolen albatross eggs
https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/17-11-2022/it-makes-no-sense-at-all-the-mystifying-case-of-taiaroa-heads-stolen-albatross-eggs

Was a boat used to steal four rare albatross eggs in daring heist?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/130488815/was-a-boat-used-to-steal-four-rare-albatross-eggs-in-daring-heist

Oldguy, I'm so glad Grindavík residents were allowed to return and collect valuables/their pets. The officials made sure to go door to door looking for pets and removing them to a safe environment too. I feel so badly for all.  :'( .... Thank you for Walter Santi and Princess.  :)  .... Great song for the QKids! ... next Saturday!  ;)

Baz, Inosculation."  a new word for me too. A wonderous thing to see.

SED Karen and Piper

Phyl, It's a pretty bird, I hope the population keep increasing.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #11172 on: November 14, 2023, 06:02:58 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently 43F and clear;   High  41F sunny,  Low 61 F Clear skies

Yesterday PM I stirred/chopped a batch  ( just shy of a quart ) of salsa for us. Had been a while and it makes a low fat/calorie
snack w/ tortilla chips. I'm always the last to turn in and I thought,  well let's check to 'see' how well the salsa had meld it's flavors.
That stuff will torch the tonsils, blaze a trail down the esophagus  and burn a whole in your gut.

Prayers for Linda and Ian. Linda was a high school friend of my bro Larry. Ian has Ventricular Tachycardia .

Lani Takahē is a pretty bird.  ;); awww red tabby asleep

Karen  and all we did lift the washer to wipe up the dripping of  overflow from the tub
that filled the inside and was filling the over flow pan. That was the only water we have to contend with. And, that seems to have stopped trickling down and out.
Talons crossed.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11173 on: November 14, 2023, 06:03:56 AM »

Days of the Year:

National Spicy Guacamole Day
A zesty, green blend that's not afraid to bring the heat, adding a fiery kick to everyone's favorite chips and snacks.

World Diabetes Day
Loosen Up Lighten Up Day
Operating Room Nurse Day

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11174 on: November 14, 2023, 06:10:18 AM »