Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1010392 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1035 on: January 27, 2023, 05:43:46 PM »

PHYL   Interesting way to drink water from that kitty  ;) ;)  Thanks for Amy's blog.  So glad they are doing that golden eagle project..HUGE bird.
That might be a black headed grosbeak however it is way out of its range - Not seen east of the Mississippi     
[/size]
Luv your pink chrochet kitty this AM
When I was in late teens had a neighbor whose kitty love a treat of Gerber baby food 2nd sitter turkey---she'd use her paw and scoop it out. Her mom would put a Kleenx in the floor and set the jar on it. Kitty cleaned her paws so well her mom'd never have to wipe them.
We've been getting lots of bird s that aren't common to  our area. They move on in a few days never to be seen again.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1036 on: January 27, 2023, 05:53:34 PM »

quote author=clynndunn link=topic=2781.msg757547#msg757547 date=1674828346]
Good Morning Beakers!

35 right now, high 37. Windy with rain and snow showers mixed this morning. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Higher wind gusts possible. Hmmmm!  ::)

Phyl, my Mom had a Rose Breasted Grosbeak that she saw only a couple of times, then it was gone too! Might be an eastern Towhee? Pic below.  Oh my gosh, that Golden Eagle is huge! I wonder if the Goldens are ony in the Driftless area of Iowa, I have never heard of any others anywhere else. That kitty is enjoying his coffee!

Decorah Eagles - Sue Bruhling - Stunning Dude & Missy perched together on the Y Branch ❤ Wooooowza!!! What a Beautiful Picture!! ❤
Just look how Dude in the back is looking at Missy perched in the front!! ❤ Love is in the air ❤
Decorah Trout Hatchery Eagles - January 26, 2023  Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your Post & Picture with us! ❤ 

NEFL

[/quote]

Luv the AM greetings---VW van planter is so cute.
Take care w/ weather.
Tks for  Sue's Decorah update and NEFL  :-*

Your Mom's Towhee has a black beak my Grosbeak's is yellow.
Golden eagles are all over the US and Mexico.
I grew up in Mojave Desert where Goldens  thrive.Well back them anyway.
 Not uncommon for us to have an occasisional perch on our fence posts. I had one thtat would perch even with us in the yard. It mostly watched the  clothers hanging /taking down ritual.LOL

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1037 on: January 27, 2023, 05:56:25 PM »

This is me!...looking out my windows.

Yes, it snowed again last night...under 2 inches or maybe 2?...will need to shovel once again.

Problem here is with a couple or more snow events of even just 2 inches Every Week all winter, not counting the huge storm events we've had.....is that it goes nowhere....

Morning all...Happy Friday, er um I guess ;)

Don't know what to say to your endless snow situation.  I have no doubt you are fed up with it all.  {{{}}}
Your bear is me when Life sometimes is 'too much'.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1038 on: January 27, 2023, 06:03:46 PM »

KB   We should take bets on when all your snow is gone  LOL

PHYL  Funny you should be seeing different birds now as it is not a migration time. Cute - kitty and baby food  LOL  How cool to have lived with goldens in the area.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #1039 on: January 27, 2023, 06:15:06 PM »

Eagles Maggie had her visit and blood take for a full 'old lady panel' as Dr. Steele says. Other wise in great shape for a geratric gal.  Although down a half pound.

Tsk It's a Black-headed Grosbeak w/yellow beak, I checked.  Towhee's have black beaks . Having different birds in our area can be due to poor enviorment or illness and they move a way for a spell. Sometime migrations patterns change as do dwelling areas.

Lisa I bet Kelley can whip up Tsk's kitty in a day.  ;)

Kb take care; tks for photos

Tig sounds like fun at the pool and thentaking in some sunshine

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1040 on: January 27, 2023, 06:28:29 PM »

I caught this during my moring rounds in Explorer---had some fun with taking  sequential snapshots

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Jan 27, 2023 7:20 AM
Camera Time: Jan 27, 2023 7:20 AM CST

Jan 27, 2023 7:21 AM
Camera Time: Jan 27, 2023 7:20 AM CST

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1041 on: January 27, 2023, 06:30:06 PM »

And...
Camera Time: Jan 27, 2023 7:21 AM CST

Camera Time: Jan 27, 2023 7:21 AM CST
... gone!
Look very closely and you'll see the marks the eagles wings make as they flap ,cutting through the frozen air.
The wind was feriocous and almost blew the bird back to the frozen lake. It struggled and finally was airborn.  :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1042 on: January 27, 2023, 06:31:50 PM »

'Good Evening' and 'Good Night' .
Wishing  everyone ‘SEDs’

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #1043 on: January 27, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »

Phyl - Great pics from Flyway

Tsk - How much did you get this afternoon.

Kb - looking at your pics…geesh!  And, I still see that third balcony is still full of snow.  ::)

Tig - Glad you had some help from your bro.

oldguy

« Reply #1044 on: January 27, 2023, 07:15:37 PM »

Good evening Beakers

Clynn - here is a map of the Golden Eagle range...
https://landpotential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/SGL_Species_Golden_eagle.jpg

Golden Eagles are divided into 6 subspecies - 2 of them found in N. America - American Golden Eagle is primarily found in the forests of Western N. America, the Eastern Golden Eagle is found East of the Mississippi in the deciduous tree areas.  They seldom are found in the same habitat as Bald Eagles, with the Golden eating mammals and the Bald eating fish, roadkill and other already dead animals.  The RRP study is on the Eastern Golden.

Heads up for Sunday - it is National Puzzle Day

A little Chuck Berry tonight
Quarantine Kids play "School Days"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1M_B-EPQO4
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #1045 on: January 27, 2023, 07:25:36 PM »

tsk - Love your idea of taking bets on when the snow will be gone this year!...piles and all..

I was just out front with Ollie man doing his business...I realize this and only this year have I not picked up dog poo front or back....this spring will be something....it's all just cased in concrete...I have a semi-circular path in front and he has made his own paths in back....that's where it will mostly be.

In years past, I could use a shovel and dump snow plus in a bag or in a container out back. I can't even get to that container this year! I have had most of it up before spring.

Will not be fun this year....I need a stinky emoji ;)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1046 on: January 27, 2023, 10:08:26 PM »

Tsk - How is your pain level now - do you think medication has kicked in yet?

Lani - How is Mike doing?  Are you still having snow?

LisaG - I sure hope Jeff gets to work from home on Fridays again.

Kb - Oh my gosh - you sure are over-run with snow piles this winter. :o ::)  I really hope Spring will come sooner than later for you.

Tig - Sounds like a good day! :)   I like Richard Gere!

Phyl - Love the BE pics!

Hi Clynn  :)

Oldguy - Liked golden eagle map.   Quarantine kids  ;D

All Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1047 on: January 27, 2023, 11:02:53 PM »

Hi Eagles, Mike is fine. He's been busy with work. We're suppose to get snow on Monday or Tuesday, but temps have been in the mid teens in the morning. Any rain coming your way?

I had a long day of meetings today, just finished doing dishes and catching up with laundry.
I hope everyone had a good day. I'm tired, See you all in the morning.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink,Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #1048 on: January 28, 2023, 06:23:03 AM »

Good Morning ! Happy Caturday

38F and clear.  High 59F  mostly sunny.  Nighttime  44F   .

Hi Lilbro

Lani glad to her Mike's doing well.

Hi Eagles
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 06:33:22 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1049 on: January 28, 2023, 06:24:17 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

...from Amy's blog.
How do eagles stay warm in cold weather?
 January 27, 2023  RaptorResource

Sauces bald eagle cam