Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1010397 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1020 on: January 27, 2023, 07:05:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

28F   .  High of  54 F mostly sunny .  Evening/night 33F and clear   .

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Tsk ‘they’ call it ‘mid-century’ Atomic  as opposed to ‘1950’s’ 

Eagles do ask vet before switching. Dr Steele knows how I feel about ‘drugs’ and prescribes supplements when possible.  Have you heard of Condroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine? Both are found in Nature and are supplemsnts for bone health and prescribed to humans for arthritis---we, Jim
 and I take this in combo capsule 2 @ 1500mg each. Cosequin is made of these .

Lani  thanks for the Royal Albatross cam update and video 'sweet dreams' SP  :-*   cute polar bear sliding down the snowy tunnel

Oldguy tks for the tunes

Lisa pretty lavendar themed greeting this AM, very 'spring-like'

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:07:18 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1021 on: January 27, 2023, 07:07:57 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

January 26, 2023: Our first Golden Eagle of the season!
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/01/26/january-26-2023-our-first-golden-eagle-of-the-season/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1022 on: January 27, 2023, 07:08:26 AM »

This past Tuesday I noticed a species of bird we've never seen feeding at our provisions. It was only here two days and ---poof!
I think this might be a male  Black-headed Grosbeak

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1023 on: January 27, 2023, 07:08:52 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1024 on: January 27, 2023, 07:49:14 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

19 degrees.  Feels like 4   Mostly cloudy and blustery.

LANI   Pink bill on Gly  Cool hormonal indication.  Those two sweeties cuddled by the fire.  :)

PHYL   Interesting way to drink water from that kitty  ;) ;)  Thanks for Amy's blog.  So glad they are doing that golden eagle project..HUGE bird.
That might be a black headed grosbeak however it is way out of its range - Not seen east of the Mississippi     
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1025 on: January 27, 2023, 08:05:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

35 right now, high 37. Windy with rain and snow showers mixed this morning. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Higher wind gusts possible. Hmmmm!  ::)

tsk, cute good morning kitty! You may or may not have a better day tomorrow, warmer here today but crap going on with wind, rain, snow!

Phyl, my Mom had a Rose Breasted Grosbeak that she saw only a couple of times, then it was gone too! Might be an eastern Towhee? Pic below.  Oh my gosh, that Golden Eagle is huge! I wonder if the Goldens are ony in the Driftless area of Iowa, I have never heard of any others anywhere else. That kitty is enjoying his coffee!

Lani, what a cute morning GIF! Good for Aly, to install your Ring! Erin has procrastinated installing ours for over a year...  ;D

Lisa, pretty Good Morning picture, a reminder that Spring is coming! I love biscotti too, especially with cranberries and almonds in it. And scones too! My perfect breakfast, a Cinnamon Dolce Latte with an orange cranberry scone!

BL, your Cousin Vinnie?  ;D ;D ;D

Decorah Eagles - Sue Bruhling - Stunning Dude & Missy perched together on the Y Branch ❤ Wooooowza!!! What a Beautiful Picture!! ❤
Just look how Dude in the back is looking at Missy perched in the front!! ❤ Love is in the air ❤
Decorah Trout Hatchery Eagles - January 26, 2023  Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your Post & Picture with us! ❤ 

NEFL

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #1026 on: January 27, 2023, 08:39:49 AM »

This is me!...looking out my windows.

Yes, it snowed again last night...under 2 inches or maybe 2?...will need to shovel once again.

Problem here is with a couple or more snow events of even just 2 inches Every Week all winter, not counting the huge storm events we've had.....is that it goes nowhere....

Morning all...Happy Friday, er um I guess ;)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1027 on: January 27, 2023, 08:55:44 AM »

Lani - I'm sure the gabapentin will help; it was expensive tho:  $46.00 for a small bottle with a 'dropper', and I give her .3 once a day.  I told the Vet I had been giving her 1-Low dose aspirin a day:  1/2 in her morning meal and the other 1/2 in her dinner.  She said that was fine that I had been doing that!

Oldguy - Thanks for music links - I will go back to look at them!

LisaG - Will Jeff still be able to work at least one day from home?

Phyl - Thank you for info!   Love the pics of the little bird  :)

Hi Tsk  :)

Clynn - Love the gorgeous pic of Decorah Trout Hatchery couple!!!

Morning Tig, Kb, Lori, Puff, Baz, BL  :)

Beakers have a great day  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1028 on: January 27, 2023, 09:24:08 AM »

CLYNN   We will get 3.5 to 5.5 inches of snow beginning late Saturday AM..  I think you have it with the Towhee.  Love Sue's names for Decorah team  LOL  That is a stunning photo.

KB   LOL  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1029 on: January 27, 2023, 11:45:10 AM »

Afternoon Beakers  :)

Lani - Yay, on Aly installing your ring! 

Phyl - Thanks, I thought the color was so pretty in the morning pic. 

tsk - Love the crocheted kitty!  You all are expecting quite a bit of snow, too. 

clynn - Love that colorful coffee pic, and the lil planter! Orange cranberry scone sound delish, and I made Jeff a Cinnamon Dolce coffee this morning.  :)  Beautiful pics from SueB.

((kb))

E4E - He is hoping he will get Friday's again when he has to re-apply for telework.  They do it for 6 months at a time.

kbshcb

« Reply #1030 on: January 27, 2023, 12:56:32 PM »

Wind blowing it all off roofs etc..

Piles are way too high....1st pic is mostly from neighbor where now I can't throw on top of without falling down so today I took an hour to just move snow all to my piles on the south side...

Back decks done but no where to go..piles are like concrete so can't lower.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1031 on: January 27, 2023, 01:16:11 PM »

bounce
(KB)
My bro came and shoveled and snow plowed our driveway while I swept our walk. I was able to go to the pool and was basically alone with the sun streaming in. Then showered, washed my hair there. On the way home I saw 2 BEs flying over the way I was headed. I think it may have been one of the DNR residents chasing an intruder. ??
We may do a movie (will get rewards points to see "Maybe I Do", a comedy) and a burger (at the Am. Legion?) later before the temps plunge.
HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1032 on: January 27, 2023, 02:49:08 PM »

LISA   We just had a few hours of snow but the big stuff is coming tomorrow.  I'll know more when I watch the weather later this afternoon.

KB   Long time before that all melts.   Who keeps the fire hydrant clear?

TIG   Sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon.  :)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1033 on: January 27, 2023, 03:06:23 PM »

LISA   We just had a few hours of snow but the big stuff is coming tomorrow.  I'll know more when I watch the weather later this afternoon.

KB   Long time before that all melts.   Who keeps the fire hydrant clear?

TIG   Sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon.  :)

Home owners keep them clear for the most part, but many posts on our city FB page reminding people to do it...the one across the street from me is primarily clear cause nobody pushes snow up around it, plus there is a sidewalk behind it....a sidewalk to nowhere, and the city keeps the sidewalk clear. Have no idea the concept of that sidewalk....the only one in my neighborhood and it only goes in front of that building up to the firehouse...then, nada.

This year cause we are already Double a normal snowfall it will be months to melt that snow..maybe May?

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1034 on: January 27, 2023, 04:45:30 PM »

bounce
I dug our hydrant out once this year. But the plow leaves big chunks in front of it again.  :-\
Movie was just ok.... Short. A thinker about marriage.
Nice to see Richard Gere...
TTFN
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:27:31 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)