Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1010766 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1005 on: January 26, 2023, 05:00:42 PM »

bounce
TSK... One memory... received an award for getting eyes on and reporting the location of some armed bank robbers, so the police could catch them, when I was on patrol in a car. Was in the right place at the right time, and laid low!
 8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1006 on: January 26, 2023, 05:28:08 PM »

Phyl - My mom used that sprinkle top - I can't remember what the bottle was - before the day of steam irons - sprinkle the clothes before using the hot iron...
[/quote}
The bottle type didn't matter, really. Just that the Coke, Pepsi and Dr Pepper fit the hand well.
But, Mom actually used a Coca-Cola bottle---they were coke drinkers when it came to fave  'soft drink'.  ::)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1007 on: January 26, 2023, 05:29:41 PM »

Act Biggy - So an elderly Italian man living alone in New Jersey wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, since the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.  Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.
Dear Pop, Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried. Love,Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances. Love you, Vinnie

Clynn You have Pip and I ROTFLOL.
Both being NJ natives from the last north exit on the G.S.P. (172) we really do get this one.  LOL   ;D   ;)
We think we might actually know Vinnie  ..     ;) ;)

BL_  this comment of yours  is too funny. Great score you gave Clynn

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1008 on: January 26, 2023, 05:31:09 PM »

The one and only, Thomas Demma.....photographer extraordinair...at the DNR nest....
Put some clothes on Thomas!

Bet he has 'thermal  undies' on.
Otherwise, 'Ditto' Kb

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1009 on: January 26, 2023, 05:35:57 PM »

Many more. Snow sculpture contest in Stillwater MN.

Reminds me of  " Men in Black-' franchise, very first one ---scene in the desert at the US border--- one alien that popped out of  the migrant.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1010 on: January 26, 2023, 05:38:47 PM »

Phyl, love your Mood Ring, I had one just like that!  I have it SOMEWHERE! My Mom also had that sprinkler top, on a Coca-Cola bottle. I remember sprinkling all the clothes that needed to be ironed, I loved to iron! If there was room we put the bag of sprinkled clothes in the freezer! It was a heavy plastic feed bag from Grandma's house... Your folks were professional square dancers!

Big Bear Nest

Mine's in jewelery chest with the 'really good stuff'. It's become detached from the  band.  I won't have it fixed as Jim likes me wearing it too much.  ;D

Thank you for the photo updates.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1011 on: January 26, 2023, 05:40:07 PM »

bounce

Yep, again, my Mom was our leader... Brownies thru Seniors. And we wore the complete uniforms and I have my badge sash. And then my Bro started an Explorer group at the police dept. and I was a member for three years. Not much of a stretch I eventually followed his example as an officer and became a security officer for 8 years.
Prepping the brain for a cold snap is easier when you realize it means less chance of a snow dump.  :o
TTFN

Really?
Very cool  job---ditto Tsk, tell us more, please.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1012 on: January 26, 2023, 05:40:48 PM »

bounce
TSK... One memory... received an award for getting eyes on and reporting the location of some armed bank robbers, so the police could catch them, when I was on patrol in a car. Was in the right place at the right time, and laid low!
 8)

Good show!  ;)

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1013 on: January 26, 2023, 05:44:48 PM »

'Good Evening' and 'Good Night' everyone.
Wishing you SEDs.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1014 on: January 26, 2023, 06:36:43 PM »

TIG   Cool!

PHYL  Definitely a vintage lamp - don't know the era  ;)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1015 on: January 26, 2023, 07:31:01 PM »

Kb - Like your cool 'kitty' pic this morning!  Hope you stayed cozy inside today. :)   Those snow sculptures are fabulous!!!

Phyl - Thanks for telling me about Cosequin - had not heard of that med. I will probably ask about this next time I have to take Star in.   Like the vintage lamp tonight.

Oldguy - Thanks for 'National Spouses Day' link!

Lani - Nice to know that Gabapentin helped your Bandit.  Such a nice gift that Shannon gave you guys; the doorbell cam - you will love it!!

Tsk - Thank you - I do try to take good care of Star  :)

Clynn - I was a girl scout and wore the Jr. G/S uniform  :)   Wow - Iowa birding pic - Lots of cardinals!!!   Yikes; snow covered Big Bear nest  :o

BL - Like your comment!! ;D

Tig - Wow - how wonderful to have been a part of the Explorer group - awesome!!!

Puff -  ;D

Everyone have a good evening - stay safe & warm.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1016 on: January 26, 2023, 10:44:18 PM »

Oldguy, Loved Walter Santi's video. Sweet Walter having put up with all the cats and now Hedgehogs.  ;D  Hedgehogs are a lot bigger than I thought they would be.

Phyl, I still have my mood ring someplace.... cool vintage lamp.

Clynn, Mom and I did the same thing after we sprinkled the clothes. Fold it and put it in the freezer or wrapped in refrig till time to iron. I love to iron, so I did the every day clothes and my mom ironed my step-father's Navy uniform and clothes... The Big Bear nest, I pray the eggs will be okay....

Kb, pretty snow sculptures... nice to see Thomas Demma! ;D

Tig, Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Eagles, I tried Cosequin for Bandit it didn't help as well as the Gabapentin. Shannon gives her dog Gabapentin as recommended by vet. She has severe arthritis and it helps. I pray Star will find relief with either.  :-*

Royal cam 1/26 18:09
Back seat baby.  #RoyalCam chick enjoying a snooze under Dad. 
See how pink GLY’s bill is – feeding hormones have kicked-in already.

Sweet dreams SP.  :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1618582562473152514

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink,Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 11:02:24 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #1017 on: January 27, 2023, 12:27:46 AM »

Some music to start out the day

Joey Blake and Bobby McFerrin vocal improvisation   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rsUD1qBCrk

This was from Sept 2022 - they will be on a 10 week tour of the USA April to June 2023
Leonid & Friends Live - Musikprob Brass Festival - Pfullendorf, Germany   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXUkhYvX0II
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #1018 on: January 27, 2023, 06:54:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......T.G.I.F.!!!!

E4E - Glad that Star got a good report from vet. 

Phyl - Yep, crossed the bridge, and boy it was a windy drive across, too.  Mood ring?  I loved those as a teen. 

oldguy - Loved your Thirsty Thursday pic. 

Lani - How nice of Shannon to get you all a Ring doorbell cam!  Do you need an electrician to set one of those up? 

tsk - I love biscotti too.  They bakery at the grocery makes their own, and they make a cranberry pistachio....yummy!  Bradley is back in the office now. 

clynn - Wow, all the snow at Big Bear!

kb - Cool snow sculptures.  Great pic of Thomas Demma.

BrokenLug - Your comment about Vinnie!  ;D ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1019 on: January 27, 2023, 06:57:04 AM »

TGIF Beakers! ;D
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Lisa, Aly is going to connect the new doorbell  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander