Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How To Stop Scrolling Tab Bar In Chrome On Android?  (Read 6335 times)

CheeseQueen1976

How To Stop Scrolling Tab Bar In Chrome On Android?
« on: August 07, 2022, 02:01:36 PM »

I hope it's ok to post this here, & that someone can help me....

I've been considering switching to chrome as my primary browser on my tablet, but one thing I hate is that when I scroll, the tab bar scrolls, too.  I tried disabling it in chrome://flags, but it didn't work. I even tried enabling the tab switcher, which is supposed to replace the tabs, but no dice.... I ended up with BOTH tabs & the tab switcher :o Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

PeepSpy

Re: How To Stop Scrolling Tab Bar In Chrome On Android?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 02:56:16 PM »

I don't like Chrome. I use Duck Duck Go on my phone and my tablet.

https://duckduckgo.com/app

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: How To Stop Scrolling Tab Bar In Chrome On Android?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:30:48 PM »

I hope it's ok to post this here, & that someone can help me....

I've been considering switching to chrome as my primary browser on my tablet, but one thing I hate is that when I scroll, the tab bar scrolls, too.  I tried disabling it in chrome://flags, but it didn't work. I even tried enabling the tab switcher, which is supposed to replace the tabs, but no dice.... I ended up with BOTH tabs & the tab switcher :o Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!
CheeseQueen1976-Did you get this resolved?  Here are some instructions to disable or modify Tab Scrolling...
go to:
-Chrome://flags/
-search for "strip"
-select TAB SCROLLING
Here you can enable disable or modify tab features...
note:  When you disable or change a setting in flags relaunch chrome as directed then close chrome and reopen it.  That should do it.

I do not approve or disapprove of any particular browser however...I do use Chrome.  My primary browser is Opera.  It utilizes a lot less memory than Chrome does on my laptop as well as other features.
Take care,
Lori
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl