Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: US Bank LaCrosse, Wis 2022  (Read 18421 times)

shep

• NEWS and analysis
Re: US Bank LaCrosse, Wis 2022
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2022, 07:55:12 AM »

GREAT ARROWS - THANKS!
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

klhfarrow

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2022, 08:04:21 AM »

I was afraid you wouldn't see all of them, it took me a bit to find the chicks on the ledge.

Linda M

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2022, 09:40:27 AM »

Great photos, and thanks for your time spent doing this and giving updates; it's super to see them out of the box!

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2022, 12:14:32 PM »

It is so great having you across from them!!!!! 

klhfarrow

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2022, 04:50:12 PM »

Thanks everyone!  I have been obsessed with the nest since last summer, our 1st summer in this apartment.  And enjoy sharing my excitement!

Yesterday I watched (I think) two of the chicks flying, I'm so amateur, but you could tell they were clumsy and one was diving after the small birds but then had to abort!  Also two falcons were following each other, not sure if it was the chicks or one adult and one chick.  I was not fast enough to try to catch any of this.

This morning was almost an identical of yesterday morning.  All 5 seen on the building.  This afternoon I could not find any of them, but now one is in the nest according to the cam. 

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2022, 05:25:23 PM »

The parent drops prey for the chicks to catch

klhfarrow

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2022, 07:46:47 AM »

It's raining here this morning.  The family is still here, 2 chicks on the building ledge and one in the nest (but nest cam seems to be down).  One adult is sitting on the side on an antenna, one of its favorite perches.

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »

I haven't seen reports like yours since back when Kodak in Rochester, NY had all their watchers when the young fledged.  Again thank you!!  Back in 2004 I was looking for my first digital camera and pulled up the Kodak website because that name was the most familiar and saw the link to their cam.  That got me hooked.  Later on I found RRP's and they were more in my area, but no one was in the nest box by the time I found it, but started out the next spring.  I also found a foaling cam and have met some long time friends through that, in fact the couple that were raising the horses were in our wedding.  They've since retired and he passed away a few years ago, but she's still alive.  My dad wasn't alive anymore and Kenny walked me down the aisle and gave me away and she stood up for me.  These cams open up a whole new world for people.  When you get to meet someone from the forums it's like you've always known each other and get real live friends from other areas of the US and other countries.

klhfarrow

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2022, 02:45:37 PM »

So nice Nora!

klhfarrow

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2022, 08:19:07 AM »

All five falcons are still here.  The kids laps around the bank have gotten much bigger and I believe they have ventured out.  But I will still catch all five sitting in various locations of the bank.  One of the parents favorite hangout is at the church steeple, and I think the kids have begun to sit there also.  It's about 4 blocks from the bank.

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2022, 08:38:56 AM »

We are all turning GREEN at your private view!   ;D

YES, EVERYONE HAVE a SAFE WEEKEND!

klhfarrow

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2022, 04:59:06 PM »

I've been meaning to post for weeks on the La Crosse falcons.  There are still 2 sitting at their usual posts, the bank including the nest and the church.  I get so excited when they are still here!!!