Archives > Peregrine Falcons 2022

US Bank LaCrosse, Wis 2022

<< < (14/15) > >>

shep:
The parent drops prey for the chicks to catch

klhfarrow:
It's raining here this morning.  The family is still here, 2 chicks on the building ledge and one in the nest (but nest cam seems to be down).  One adult is sitting on the side on an antenna, one of its favorite perches.

Nora in IA:
I haven't seen reports like yours since back when Kodak in Rochester, NY had all their watchers when the young fledged.  Again thank you!!  Back in 2004 I was looking for my first digital camera and pulled up the Kodak website because that name was the most familiar and saw the link to their cam.  That got me hooked.  Later on I found RRP's and they were more in my area, but no one was in the nest box by the time I found it, but started out the next spring.  I also found a foaling cam and have met some long time friends through that, in fact the couple that were raising the horses were in our wedding.  They've since retired and he passed away a few years ago, but she's still alive.  My dad wasn't alive anymore and Kenny walked me down the aisle and gave me away and she stood up for me.  These cams open up a whole new world for people.  When you get to meet someone from the forums it's like you've always known each other and get real live friends from other areas of the US and other countries.

klhfarrow:
So nice Nora!

klhfarrow:
All five falcons are still here.  The kids laps around the bank have gotten much bigger and I believe they have ventured out.  But I will still catch all five sitting in various locations of the bank.  One of the parents favorite hangout is at the church steeple, and I think the kids have begun to sit there also.  It's about 4 blocks from the bank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version