Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 282455 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #15585 on: November 24, 2022, 05:15:40 PM »

Before this special day ends.
 I want to express,  how this group, in it's 'uniqueness', is so special to me. 

Sending wishes to you for a 'Good  Evening' and ' Good Night' .
The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

T40cfr403

« Reply #15586 on: November 24, 2022, 05:39:19 PM »

This is so cool! Is this Harriett from SWFL?

https://youtu.be/t_gnNBpHvQU
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #15587 on: November 24, 2022, 06:21:30 PM »

Three hour visit with Tim's sister and b-i-l and Uncle Jim  now over.  Jim is watching Christmas Carol with Tim- original -with Tim sister on her way back to Michigan City - about 90 minutes. Dishes are in the dishwasher.  Nice thing about a small group is actually having good conversation and not a lot of noise.  A fun afternoon.  Now will get my soft clothes on and put my feet up  ;) ;)

KB  I love watching dog shows.  Has that breed ever won the terrier group before?

LISA   I too made to go containers for everyone and we have a couple days worth left.  That's when I really enjoy the dinner LOL  The candy cane ice cream and peppermint cookies worked out perfectly!

PUFF  Oh my gosh - I have a vague memory of that stickies on the computer  was it Horst or Willi??? - I bet CLYNN or LANI knows.  Or maybe some of our friends who are reading but not posting would know?

PHYL   You and me both - I'll take cranberries most any way. - bread, muffins and your topping sounds yummy.  Yes I am glad for my dishwasher  ;)  but the drying side of the sink looks like Jenga!

T40   Yes that is Harriet from SWFL.  I had not seen that clip - Pretty cool.  Kind of like us adjusting the grocery bags from one arm to the other LOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #15588 on: November 24, 2022, 06:27:27 PM »

tsk - no, not that I know of.

At the final the frenchie won...french bulldog.
I love watching all the dogs, but it is a popularity contest to me at the end of the day....I actually thought the amstaff should have won even though as you know I love GSD's, but every elite in the country is buying a french bulldog....yea they are cute but...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #15589 on: November 24, 2022, 07:14:20 PM »

Hello all, hope everyone is relaxing now!

First, pictures, yesterday and today!!

tsk, Ed and Kelsey took 2 plates of food over to Kay's. I couldn't get Erin to take any, since they had another dinner to go to with Sydney's family!  I tried a new recipe for the Coconut pie and it really turned out delicious, Erin gave it an A+ It had buttermilk in it, it seems that deserts with buttermilk are always good! I would gag if I tried to drink it... ::)  Ya know, I am not sure about the sticky notes, but you're right, Lani will remember! I am thinking it was willi...I managed to get most of my dishes in the dishwasher! And the turkey has been picked!  Thanks to Kelsey!

T40, great video of Harriet!

Phyl, yes, this is a unique group, and we have all been together a long time! I cherish the friendships we all have made here in the Beak Room. And like you, I love cranberries in anything... I put them in my overnight oatmeal!  Here is the recipe for the Coconut pie. Mine didn't look like the picture, I used regular flaked coconut (I think they used that big chunky coconut...). It is a video, but scroll down and the recipe is also there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_RSPOF_QM

Lisa, isn't is nice to know that the dinner you worked so hard on is still able to feed people for days after! I am thinking about a turkey sandwich tomorrow...

Lani, so how was your day with all your family? Hope you are all relaxing by now...

kb, the French bulldog seems to be a popular breed these days. Hope you enjoyed your steaks and are relaxing.....

Lori, hope you had a good day today, thanks for the cute critters and the delish goodies!

Peeps, love the way goats hop around!

eburg, your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious! And I love Solitary Man... ;D

oldguy, hope you had a great feast, especially after your long day yesterday. Are you working tomorrow? (I am betting you are...) Thanks for Ryan...

tig, I hope you and Camper had a good day! You are probavbly watching a movie now... ;D

baz, I hope you and Zippo had a good Thanksgiving! So glad Lil' Punkin was able to be home for today!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

PeepSpy

« Reply #15590 on: November 24, 2022, 09:26:47 PM »

From MaineGirl51  :D
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

kbshcb

« Reply #15591 on: November 24, 2022, 10:10:06 PM »

Wow, the Vikings are "smoking" tonight...5 minutes left and leading against the Patriots 33 to 26.
Hope I don't jinx it, it's been a very entertaining game either way.

SKOL!..we did it.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 10:28:16 PM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #15592 on: November 24, 2022, 10:29:44 PM »

SKOL!!!

We brought home some leftovers and watched the game. Did not make it to second home. I gave most of my popover to Camper and only had water at the restaurant. I think I will have a drink to toast the Vikes now.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #15594 on: November 24, 2022, 11:13:00 PM »

Wishing all in the Beak Room a pleasant and Happy Thanksgiving.  :)

Take care,
Paulie

Paulie, great to see you. I hope you had a lovely day with Family and Friends.  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #15595 on: November 25, 2022, 12:03:26 AM »

Peep, I'm very sorry about Arik  :'( ... I'm surprised how many people raise otters  ??? ... I hope you had a nice day with  friends.... awww Penguin chick.

Phyl, Thanks for the RRP blog, love the pic of Bob.Brett and D1... love cranberries. I've never made them in the oven, do you have a recipe to share.

Lisa, did you give your Air B/B kitty a bit of turkey?  ;D .. I don't know what i'd do without sticky notes. I see Tsk is the same.  ;D

Tsk, you're right about dessert. We always save dessert for a bit later... absolutely true about the cooking for 3, 5 or 50. All the work is the same. I'm pooped.  ;D ... sent Shannon home with lots of leftovers.

{{{Hugs Lori}}} wonderful Thanksgiving post.

Pink, good to see you  :-*

Kb, steak sounds delicious! love the dog/coffee morning pic... and of course, love Ollie man and his choice of shows. ;D :-*. I hope you and Kris had a lovely day.... interesting comment about the French Bull dog... 3 new homeowners with French Bull dogs moved into the neighborhood this past year. One named Max is very friendly, but the others are real bossy/yappy!

Tig, I hope you had a nice family brunch....  leftovers is the best part of Thanksgiving.... no cooking tomorrow  ;D

Oldguy, I hope you get some time off this busy weekend.... I remember many years of family potluck dinners in Kansas. Good memories...  :)

Eburg, Mike's kind of celebration too. He spent the day watching basketball/football... YAY! KU Basketball team eeked out a win today!

Puff, I think Horst/Eagleduck used a lot of sticky notes.  ???  He had lots of pics of his computer screen.

T40, amazing video of Harriet. She is something special.

Clynn, great pics of the kids, Kelsey, Erin and Sydney.. Kay will appreciate her Thanksgiving gift..... love buttermilk in desserts and salad dressing.... can you share the Coconut pie recipe? We had a good day here too, for all the work that goes into making dinner, it goes by too fast. Mike was a happy boy at the dinner table. His Jayhawks won their game and he got his turkey, mash potatoes, canned jellied cranberry, rolls and best of all turkey gravy. LOL! He skips the green bean casserole, ham, fresh cranberry sauce, oyster dressing, spinach/sausage/dressing, pumpkin pie, chocolate mousse.

What a day! Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers, Jewel Family, and Friends, Peace be with you throughout the night and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Blschue, Lilbro, Tsk, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, Jaspurr, RubyRed246, Baz, Lori, Clynn, Eagles4, Lisa, Karen, Ezee, Puff, Tig, Eburg, Lindy, Pink, Oldguy, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Jilltosa, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen and TA, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and TA, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

LisaG1967

« Reply #15596 on: November 25, 2022, 05:57:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Your Thanksgiving meal sounded delicious.  I didn't make any oyster dressing this year.  I missed having that.  I did give Air B/B kitty some turkey.  I have to say, it is getting fed very well. 

tig - Glad that you and Camper had a nice day. 

kb - LOL, hope you don't jinx.  Jeff doesn't watch his team play for that same reason, but they always lose.

Peep - Cute TurkeyPuffin!

clynn - Great pics!  Talon & Bella are getting so big.  I am already thinking about that turkey sandwich on toast with a slice of cranberry sauce for lunch.  ;D

tsk - Sounds like you had a great day.  Mmmm, I am going to see if my grocery has the peppermint ice cream.

T40 - Great video if Harriet!

Phyl - Mmmm, the whole cranberries over the ice cream sounds good! 

I am off to cat duty in a lil while, so I will see you all this afternoon.  :)

Phyl

« Reply #15597 on: November 25, 2022, 06:23:42 AM »

Good Morning Everyone  and...T G I F !

Sounds like everyone had a lovely day. I gave Maggie some petite diced cooked turkey with her Rx food.

Clynn luv the Munchkin pics  they're so cute; tks for receipe. .

Tsk  I've never seen peppermin ice cream

T40
  thanks for the great vid of Harriet   :-*

Lisa don't for get the 'poop' bag

Lani no special receipe for cranberries

Hi Baz

Dinner tonight:  left over turkey in a cob salad (Julieanne American cheese and turkey,  hard boiled egg and you know the rest;
 Jim a big turkey sandwich, Miracle Whip, pickles,  tomatoes and lettuce w/chips w/ brew and wine for me.

Hope I didn't miss anything...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 07:42:19 AM by Phyl »
The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

« Reply #15598 on: November 25, 2022, 06:24:18 AM »

November 24, 2022