Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 77241 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #7245 on: May 16, 2022, 05:27:25 PM »

News you can use ;D ;) ;) ;)

A Minnesota Representative has written a bill to make cream of lutefisk soup the state soup!....
Yum.....the article is funny too....

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/soup-scoop-mn-state-representative-lobbies-for-cream-of-lutefisk/89-945466ce-18db-4b62-8367-faa796512287

This Norwegian grew up on lutefisk and the cream of lutefisk soup sounds delish.

ezee que

• Born Free
« Reply #7246 on: May 16, 2022, 05:39:08 PM »

Regal eagle.
Set you face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.      Old proverb.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7247 on: May 16, 2022, 05:52:45 PM »

Decorah Eagles North DNN home of Mr. North and DNF with little ones DN15 & DN16

Beautiful💜
via explore.org

yea, I'm cool like that...

This feather tickles my snare :-[ ;)

cute toesies

via explore.org

Where's my fish?

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7248 on: May 16, 2022, 05:55:31 PM »

TSK, LISA, LORI, LANI AND CLYNN- It's been a trying weekend. 
Nothing went right ...I'll send you gals a PM.
I dunno...I 'nsick at my stomach over Maggie all sorts of 'stuff' going thru my head. I know , don't borrow trouble from tomorrow. Isn't always easy. In my heart I know there's no reason to pack it in for Maggie.  Maybe vet has some ideas.

So this is good night and who knows what else. I'm exhausted, we're all exhausted from what's feen going on.

LISA tks for PM you poor gal...your poor fellas.

Gonna say Good Night...
#IStandWithUkraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7249 on: May 16, 2022, 06:20:03 PM »

KB    LOLOL  Very funny.  Does not sound like a very appetizing soup to me  ??? :-\

EZEE  Another great shot of the regal eagle  Thanks for sharing.

LORI   Great gifs of the "Norths"

(((((PHYL/JIM)))))  Let the Lord take care of everything tonight while you rest.  :-*
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #7250 on: May 16, 2022, 06:39:54 PM »

Tsk, me either! Sorry, KB, but then European pickled pigs feet probably wouldn't ring your bell either.  ;D
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7251 on: May 16, 2022, 08:43:18 PM »

Morin' back to  you lil bro  And all the early risers. . .

Looked up On The Hook - no can do in Illinois.  Bummer.  And, swear to God, I had such a craving last night for a great fish sandwich!  Had Knorr rice instead, blah.
Looked up states no such luck for us.  And, Lake Michigan too far and too iffy at times, if you know the news.

By the way E4E I have to smile when you mention your mom's golf habit.  I do the same and always have.  Never got beyond the mini golf though.  The peacefulness, beauty, and skills are a relaxing way to end a weekend.  Plus, because I get around as I do, I've have salads or hot tea around the world on some fantastic courses:  Hawaii Island, Mauna Lani; Arizona, Sedona The Ridge; Pebble Beach, CA; Carolinas; Ireland, Waterford Links at the Castle; never made it, yet, to a links course in Scotland.  Makes for some well known scorecards; never played over par anywhere.

P   

Hi Puff!  Oh my gosh - you have been to a lot of places!! You've even been to Pebble Beach!  You sure have a lot of wonderful memories & stories to tell! 8)

Eagles4evr1116

« Reply #7252 on: May 16, 2022, 09:07:10 PM »

Lani - You always care about everybody, but how are you feeling and how are you?  Weekends do have a way of going by too quick!
Peep - Sounds like the Terns are very noisy at night - but I have not heard them!
Jaspurr - Puffernity test!
Oldguy - I forgot about the eclipse last night.  :-[
Baz - Over here, I always see 'Impatiens'!
Phyl - So sorry Jim isn't feeling well.  All I know is that your hubby and Maggie are not feeling well.  Hope they both feel better soon.
Clynn - I would agree that my Mom watching golf is beneficial to her;  not only a calming thing, but it really picks up her spirits and makes her happy! At this age, I want my Mom to be happy all day and all night long! :-*
Lilbro - Hi Lilbro, are you back to working full time?  I actually hope you are not pushing yourself, and that you are taking care.
Puff - I'm so happy you (and other Beakers here) understand my Mother's love for golf (on tv)! ;D
LisaG - I love your vincas!!
Lori - Hi sweet Lori! Star is doing ok (can't hear and can't see too much anymore), but she is still enjoying laying out in the sun, and eating & drinking!  Hope your Destini is doing alright.  :-*  How are You feeling - I hope you are not in a lot of discomfort.   Love all the pics you shared today!
Maxie - So sorry for all you are going thru.
Pink - Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend  ;D
Ezee - Wonderful photo!!
Weasel, BL, T40, Ssrl, Blschue, Tsk, Kb, Tig   :-*
{[Karen & TA}} :-*

All Beakers have a good night.  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7253 on: May 16, 2022, 11:13:24 PM »

Happy birthday Maxie!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7254 on: May 16, 2022, 11:26:02 PM »

Willie checking on Millie. Turn up the sound to hear his purring! 💕

https://youtu.be/EkrRLUAYRRE

Peep, sweet  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7255 on: May 16, 2022, 11:50:56 PM »

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.
I read a few pages back that someone (I forget who) said they were 3 pgs behind.
Back in Feb I was 92 pgs behind, took me about 2 days to read them all but I finally
got caught up.  My husband was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks and Maxie, the macaw
died the day before he got home, so between driving from the Vet hospital and the Human
hospital (6o miles round trip) & trying to do all the office work something had to go, The Beak.
I keep the Beak up on my desk computer all day, one of these days I will have the time to
participate.

Dear Maxie, I'm very sorry to hear about Maxie's passing  :'( ... I send prayers for your husband's recovery and comfort. Peace be with you both.
Take care  :)

Lani

« Reply #7256 on: May 17, 2022, 12:26:52 AM »

I posted my birthday greeting to Maxie before I left this morning and it went POOF!  ???  I reposted it.

Maxie I hope you had a lovely day!  :)

Baz, Fun posts for Karen and lovely quote from Maya Angelou

Lori, fun birthday greetings... I hope your computer situation will be resolved soon. Beautiful pics/gifs of Decorah North eaglets....  You and Destini take care  :-*

Lisa, beautiful Vincas

Peep, I don't know how TRR keeps up with their beautiful critters.

Oldguy, I missed your comment about Pine/Strawberry this morning.  :( We had a cold, dry winter. Monsoon season doesn't start until mid-June or early July. Pine/Strawberry are on strict water conservation.  Payson is okay so far, Tonto National Forest which includes Payson/Pine/Strawberry/Star Valley are on fire restriction.

Puff, Anaehoomalu Bay is a beautiful area too. There is something very special about the Big Island.

Ezee, very regal Eagle  :)

{{{Hugs and prayers Phy, Jim, and Maggie}}}. I pray you and Jim will have a good night's sleep, and sweet Maggie too. Things will look brighter in the morning.

Eagles, I'm fine, thanks for asking. You, Kris and Star take care  :-*

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers, Jewel Family, and Friends, Peace, good health and happiness be with you and those you love  tonight and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, . Paulie, Oldguy, Karen, Ezee, Jaspurr, Pink, Tsk, Puff, Lindy, Lori, Blschue, Lilbro, Clynn, Eagles4, Lisa, RubyRed246, Baz, ssrl, Firetruck, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Marrymo, Smb, Naimoj, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Jilltosa, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Karen and TA, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Lilbro, Tyler and Family, Lori, Tim, Oldguy and family, Eagle's Kris and son, Lisa's family, Peep's friend's family, Lori's grandma Helen, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Blschue and family, Puff, Ashley and Family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Iris, Reggae, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom, Dewey, GSB Michelle, Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
« Reply #7257 on: May 17, 2022, 04:18:29 AM »

Pip, Kopje and I packed up our kit early this AM Monday, having seen the weather forecast coming our Catskill way last night.
Todays radar loop .
An easy 1 mile hike out.

Broken passenger side window. Grrr. Mother you know whats. Sigh. What is wrong with people?
An old beat up trail head hiker mobile 2 door pickup.
(Just for this very reason).

Glove box and center console wide open, absolutely nothing of any value clearly visible inside or out. 
Pip & I ain't no greenhorns when it comes to this trail head theft/vandalism situation, we've been down this Mtn road before unfortunately.   :(

Thankfully the idiot troglodytes didn't take the duct tape and clear 4 mil plastic stashed under the bench seat.
The only thing in the vehicle worth taking if you weren't a useless piece of indoors s#*t btw. 

Totally rifled through for absolutely nothing, at the very least they could have taken all the garbage from the front floorboards.  :)
Oh' well off to the junk yard for another side window ..

Now here's where the road trip saga gets interesting ..
Wished we had headed southbound a wee bit earlier, but you know A Great Diner and a cup of Java was calling.
https://goo.gl/maps/vmUvXyG1UpvvQGmx8
2 hr drive good weather and traffic.
4 hrs in blizzard whiteout conditions.
5.5 hrs home to the hacienda in a wholly maelstrom of a May thunderstorm today !
Crazy wind gusts, continues cloud to ground lightning & big Hail.
Had to dead stop safely way off the side of the highway numerous times with the flashers on. 

The duct tape and plastic on the passenger side 'window' held almost all the way down Rt 17 to the NY State Thruway .. then it didn't.
Pippy has a goose egg on her forehead from a pretty big hail stone that blew out the plastic 'window'.

She's fine, but wants some troglodyte pay back ..
"Something about her Grandfathers bear traps and balls being laid down on Flugertown Rd was uttered as she took some Tylenol".   ;)

I love this women, she's as tough as nails, more hard core then some Seals I've known and as feminine at the same time as they come.  8)     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a49gYEFJqMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZiQ89_s67Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCeK-6w-FPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZe0R5aVDoM

Those that miss the beauty of watching or playing golf on a Sunday afternoon are doomed to repeat.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7258 on: May 17, 2022, 06:46:22 AM »

GOOD MORNING BEAKERS

52 degrees on the way to 65.  Clouds moving in.

PEEPS    LOLOL  My Dad loved pigs feet.  I would gag when he opened the jar. ::) ::)

BL  What an ordeal for you and Pip.  :o :o.    Glad you are safe finally and hope that Pip got some ice on that bump.  HUGS
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

« Reply #7259 on: May 17, 2022, 06:46:40 AM »

Morning eagle buddies!  :)