Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 145124 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #9525 on: July 02, 2022, 07:15:42 PM »

Gonna call it a day.
Been out shopping for a new printer.
 Nah! Don't even ask about the ordeal from Thursday.
Just easier to buy a new one with up to date soft wear. 
Yes did get a new printer today.
Think I'll see if I can get Geek Squad to set it all up.

For some reason the computer is looking for a router for my ethernet.  I've not had a router for years!
Comcast gave me a new gateway last year and the ethernet cable just connects to printer and the plugs into the processor and etc. 
The more I work with it the worse it all got.
Poppycock and codswallop!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of good Caturday stuff will look and all later.
Oh the reason the Nat Geo on Caramel the Cafe Cat could be due to some don't have an online account with Nat Geo.

Good suggestion Clynn on that link. Tks. Your Norman is a BIG kitty

I would appreciate any info on Comcast specials TSK.

Well the annual fireworks noice and smoke and garbage has started. Each  *&#$   year I grow less tolerant of the insanity.
I am going to write to my local officials about enforceing the laws that prohibit such activity in a residential area. 
It plays havoc witht the wildlife and pets. And, the poor vets with PTSD!!!   

>:(   (*^%[email protected]_&^         (*&^%[email protected]#             )(*&%^$#!+_                           

Rented at Redbox, ' House of Gucci' will be most interesting to know the story of that family's upheaval in the fashion world.  I recall reading about the 'goings on' when I  was a kid.

Dinner: will be Italian peppers, onion and sausages in traditional tomato sauce w/ side of spaghetti. Red wine, lots of wine for me. Romaine salad with Oilve oil vinaigrette.  Jim bought a dessert   >:(  He can gorge himself. :)   :-*

#Pray for Ukraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

Phyl

« Reply #9526 on: July 02, 2022, 07:18:13 PM »

'Good Night', Beakers and SEDS.

#Pray for Ukraine

– Lewis Gannett

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
« Reply #9527 on: July 02, 2022, 08:28:24 PM »

((TSK))

BL... it was spicy too, as was that burger ... bacon, peanut butter and spicy lingonberry. Yum! Only trouble was when I got home I needed to pick a quart of blueberries in 80 degree heat! Sobered me up right quick. LOL.

SED

From my ME woods perspective as long as one doesn't have to compete with the black bears for the quart .. it's all good.   ;D
Possibly sorry to here it sobered you up however.  :-*   ;)

You, Camper and all of you Beakers have a great safe 4th ..   8)
Peace out. We're off to our local fireworks show with our dog Kopje who loves the event.
Always some errant hotdog or kid with ICE CREAM that he can turn on his Bluey charms with to share.  ::)

All of the house pets that have owned us (cats, dogs, llamas .. etc..) have been exposed to loud noises, big crowds, all manner of other critters at an appropriate young age.

The only time I have ever noticed some alarm, concern or mild distress from one of my dogs was at a 21 Gun Cannon Salute @ Arlington National Cemetery.
We respectfully moved away a bit, she (Sambuca, Flat-Coated Retriever) was soon wagging to move back towards all of the patriotic peeps after the too loud concussions were over and done.

Let it rain LEGAL regularly scheduled and controlled fireworks and Patriotic music upon the U S A land, this country needs to blow off some steam and CTFO IMHO.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9528 on: July 02, 2022, 10:46:43 PM »

Hi Tsk - At least Lucy can still get to her lookout window even though she no longer jumps up to it.  :)     I love your before & after pics of your beautiful front yard!
Clynn - Yes - I would love to see Ed's tomato plant set up!  So, are you saying you will have lots more than 80 cherry tomatoes this season?  Great pic of your sister's grandson!!
Kb  Do you get a lot of fireworks in your neighborhood?  If so, does it affect Ollie very much?
Puff - Love the story of Ton and your kitty Puff - very sweet how Puff knew how to get attention and picked up by Ton! ;D
LisaG - Enjoy the ATF event and please let us know if you met up with any other Beakers!
Peep - Flo is so cute flapping her little wings - thanks for the vid!
Tig - I am so sorry for the terrible tragedy that happened nearby where you live.   Tig, that margarita & burger sound delish! ;D
Lani - Norman sure looks like a happy & contented kitty! ;D 
Hi Oldguy  :)
T40 - Love the vids of all the kittys!! ;D
Pink - I know you are enjoying a fun weekend!! Good for you girl! :) 8)
BL - You, Pip, & Kopje all have a good time!
Lori - How are you doing?  Hope you & Destini are enjoying a nice weekend whatever you might be doing! :)
Phyl - Hope you are all having a nice evening! :)
Hi Jaspurr, Baz, Lilbro  :)

It was a busy, but a good day.  I had stuff to get done today before taking a wonderful friend out to lunch for her birthday (which was last week).  We had a wonderful time catching up on things! 
There have already been lots of illegal fireworks going on in our neighborhood.  I think the 4th will be exceptionally loud & crazy in our town.  I don't mind the 'Safe & Sane' fireworks, its the Loud/Booming of the illegal stuff.

Everyone have a good night  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9530 on: July 03, 2022, 01:03:12 AM »

T40, Love Tony Baker ;D

Tig, Congratulations Challenger!  :-*

Peep, darling gifs and pics of your chicks, Reggae and Flo. I want to hold a Tern chick.

Eagles, Aly took Norman's photo last Saturday while we were in New Mexico, and he wasn't too happy. He was ignoring her.

BL, great music.

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers, Jewel Family, and Friends, Peace, good health and happiness be with you and those you love  tonight and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Karen, Ezee, Lindy, Jaspurr, Pink, Paulie, Oldguy, Tsk, Puff, Lori, Blschue, Lilbro, Clynn, Eagles4, Lisa, Tig, Eburg, RubyRed246, Baz, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Jilltosa, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For  Pink's mother, Karen and TA, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tyler and Family, Lori, Tim, Eagle's Kris and son, Lisa's family, Peep's friend's family, Lori's grandma Helen, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and TA, Blschue and family, Puff, Ashley and Family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Taffy Apple, GSB Hawklets, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9531 on: July 03, 2022, 06:35:17 AM »

HI EVERYONE

TIG   That was some burger  LOL

PHYL   I dread the time when I have to get anything new  :P  I applaud your efforts.  " Gucci"  I thought Gaga did a great job - no nomination.

EAGLES  A good Saturday with your friend   ;D

I'm down for the count - terrible cold.  Glad the worst of it is on the holiday weekend - Week is busy  :P
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #9532 on: July 03, 2022, 07:31:23 AM »

Good Morning! And Happy Sunday.

Currently:  76 F and mostly cloudy  .    Forecast:  high 91 F  with Thunder storms .  And, a low 75F  partly cloudy  .

Lani luv the 'Good Night' kitty.

TSK   I hate new 'stuff' for the computer and setting it up...to your comment I humbly take a 'bow'.   Re: 'House of Gucci', I am impressed with Gaga's performance. The Family, however wasn't. Esp. Patrizia Gucci herself, who was most favorably portrayed.  Hummm?   Yeah, too bad, no acknowledgement.  :(

Everyone have a great Sunday!

#Pray for Ukraine

– Lewis Gannett

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9533 on: July 03, 2022, 07:36:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning BL, tsk, Phyl & Lani!

tsk, arrghhh, a summer cold. I finally got rid of mine, they are the worst...

Lani, Norman! He is a big cat, like Harley! He looks very relaxed, and well fed!  ;D

BL, good music...

E4E, yes, if blooms on the tomatoes are any indication, we will be eating and giving away lots of tomatoes! I will post some pictures a little later, I took some
yesterday but need to get them to Pinterest to post.  It's always nice to get caught up with friends! When I go to visit Mom later this month I will surely meet up with
my 3 high school girlfriends and we will catch up on everything!

Phyl, oh, computer woes...I have even cried at being so frustrated... Hope you get it all worked out!  Beautiful Rooster! Our high today: 89

Fourth of July Treats!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9534 on: July 03, 2022, 08:57:27 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1543225479905382401
This clip from BBC Planet Earth II, shows a bobcat jumping over a river in super slow motion

compare with human record setting jump, also in super slow motion. wow
https://twitter.com/i/status/1542752005961256960
17 year old Mondo Duplantis.....

Morning all and Happy Sunday

eagles4 - Ollie isn't bothered by the fireworks etc...at least not from inside the house..
Were he to be outside with me, like just now, when someone blew off a bunch of illegals in the street at 8:30 in the morning.....probably not so much.

My city isn't doing them this year. Something about supply and cost?...but neighboring cities are and most are tonight rather than tomorrow.
Which isn't bad for those who want to visit as we are hopefully getting some much needed rain all day tomorrow and night!.....Yay!

I have had such a peaceful few days, knowing now what it would be like if I had different neighbors....hmm. As they are outside screaming, partying, day and night mostly...

Took my every other day jacuzzi already and will do some prep like drop grubex outside etc.

Forgot to add: am watching a pair of red-tails sitting on the water tower right next to each other. They will both fit on one pole...not so much for the eagles which makes me wonder: where are they?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 09:18:23 AM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #9535 on: July 03, 2022, 10:02:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......Happy Sunday!

We had some bad thunderstorms pass thru last night, not once but twice.  Lots of thunder, lightning and heavy downpour both times.  Still a light rain this morning.

kb - The bobcat jumping over the river was cool.  Enjoy your peace and quiet.   :)

clynn - Glad to hear that you are over your summer cold.  July 4th treat look yummy!  When are you heading to your mom's?  My mama is actually coming to stay with me for a week next month.  She is going to her Miss Fisher Murder Mystery Con in Kentucky, then going to stay with one of her Miss Fisher friends for a week in Ohio, and I will drive to Ohio to pick her up and bring her here.  She will fly out from here to head back home.

Phyl - I love roosters, and I love that one in your morning pic! I have a new printer that I bought a few months ago, a HP Envy 6400.  For some reason, it won't connect to my wifi.  So, Jeff just connected it to the USB to the back of my computer. Glad you liked House of Gucci.  I want to see that when it comes on cable.

tsk - Hope you feel better soon!

Lani - Aww, the good night pic.

BrokenLug - Thanks for the tunes.

E4E - Thanks  :D Puff and oldguy will be there, not sure about any other Beakers. Glad you enjoyed your lunch with your friend. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9536 on: July 03, 2022, 11:17:07 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Tsk, Phyl, Clynn, Kb, Lisa, Eagles, Pink, Lori, Baz, Peep, blschue, Puff, Oldguy, Ezee, Tig, Karen, Weasel, Eburg, and All!

Lisa, how fun for your mom to see the Miss Fisher Con! I didn't know they had an Adventuresses Club. I'm a huge fan of Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries. Love the fashion, decor style, music, humor, great writing and fantastic cast!

Kb, awesome bobcat!

Clynn, Norman is a big boy, Aly sitting in the patio chair across of him and taking the pic, makes his tummy look even bigger, with a small head. LOL! Norman is our autistic kitty, he does have little issues that make him special. His meow is different, he walks and runs a bit wonky. I don't think he's a CH cat.

Phyl, I hate having problems with our wireless printer, which happens frequently  :( I'm thankful for Aly's help... Talons crossed the Geek Squad can help you asap!  :-*

{{{Hugs Tsk}}} feel better soon  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #9537 on: July 03, 2022, 11:21:17 AM »

Lani - Mom is a member of the Adventuresses Club.  Last year was her first time to go to the MFMM Con, and she loved it.  It was in Richmond, VA which is only 90 miles or so from me, but I was in Decorah at the time.  This year its in Louisville, KY, I think she said.  I will see if I can find a pic on her Instagram from last year at the Con and post it.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 11:24:32 AM by LisaG1967 »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9538 on: July 03, 2022, 11:32:55 AM »

bounce

We got some rain last night.  :D  I was awake at 4 a.m. and thought I heard a noise. I peeked out and saw a doe walking by. She stayed to the parkway grass, luckily.

Wimbledon had a nice tribute to the 100th year of centre court today, with many greats of the game there.
I'm also recording Le Tour... easier to FF until something important appears. Less watching real time. Too many other (important) things to do.

KB - nice...

TTFN all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

PeepSpy

« Reply #9539 on: July 03, 2022, 12:28:28 PM »

Tsk,

Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓