Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 190875 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #9105 on: June 25, 2022, 06:45:43 AM »

BAZI   Thanks for Sis's pics.. I've been to Brookgreen Gardens  Gorgeous place.  A beautiful place to walk - If I remember correctly it is also a sculpture park?  Think that was my first time seeing a live oak.. and was the first time we met a street vender and had "balled" peanuts  LOL  I had met my travel buddy who now lives in Vancouver WA when she was working in DC where we started - down the Outer Banks, Brookgreen Gardens and to our destination in Hendersonville NC where we stayed 3 or 4 nights and went out from there to various hiking trails and waterfalls, back to DC through the Smokies.  I loved that trip!  Thanks for the memories. :D

OLDGUY  Love Claire's challenges  ;D  LuLu is my favorite  :-*

Thanks for confirming and repeating what I say so many times - we have a beautiful country, with a lot of history, a lot of traditions, and many people who are ever so interesting to talk to.  One of my favorite people when I was younger was Charles Karalt (CBS) did many "trips" bragging about our country.  Unfortunately it ended with details of traffic in the trailer.  But I digress. . . Five more states to go for me.  I wish the guy upstairs would give me my time allotment.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9106 on: June 25, 2022, 07:08:24 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

PEEPS    Thanks for the TRR update  :).  Sloths seem to have a lot of medical problems in addition to the usual reasons for being admitted to TRR

PHYL   Tim is in charge of the Comcast bill and often calls to reduce the price and try and get programs eliminated that we don't watch - NOT.  Every time they raise the price he calls and does get some reduction.  He's not interested in "streaming" or getting programs like Netflix etc.  We don't have any premium channels.  I do not believe we have any extra charges for DVR.   Earring - may be too heavy for me LOL    Cute - Cat husband  ;D

BAZI   I may even have a picture of Pegasus  LOL  Just tracked down my Journal.  I was there 8/31/92  LOL    Sis has a good eye for taking pics.  Can't beat shore birds and water  LOL

EAGLES  Funny you should mention the gift certificate.  I won awhile back and can't remember from where - a $25 gift car to the new ice cream shop in town.  Brother and SIL coming later today from Green Bay and we will take a walk there and enjoy  :D as I'm sure you did for your pizza treat.

PUFF   I loved Charles Karault and his trips around the country.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY FULL OF MEMORIES LILBRO AND JANI

Is this #35?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #9107 on: June 25, 2022, 07:35:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!!

Morning Puff and jaspurr  :)

tsk -Aww, Best Friends, so sweet.  Enjoy your day with Brother & SIL. "Balled" peanuts, said in a true southern voice.  ;D

Phyl - Solar activated .....reminds me, I need to clip Bandit's nails today  ;D  What did you decide to do for dinner.....burgers or pasta?

Peep - Loon chick is adorable, and yay for Millie & Willie!

E4E - Congrats on hubby winning the gift certificate, and hope you all enjoyed your pizza.  Jeff wants to grill pizza's for dinner tonight.

Lani - Glad to hear that Sadie is doing great on her outing. 

baz - Pretty pics from your sis. 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, lilbro & Jani!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9108 on: June 25, 2022, 07:43:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning Puff, jaspurr, Phyl, Peeps, E4E, tsk, Lisa & Lani! It's CATURDAY!

tsk, love those Best Friends!

Puff, I so agree with you, there are millions of beautiful places in our country...I am lucky enough to have seen many of them! Many thanks to my Dad being
in the Air Force!  New England in the fall is still on my bucket list!

Phyl, the Daddy cat kissing Mommy cat...so sweet!  We will have 87 today, but 76 tomorrow! Sounds like a day to be outside! So where were you living where
you could see Joshua trees from your window? Wow, you have a high cable bill! We changed to Dish a couple of years ago, but still have Mediacom for internet, and
Magic Jack for landline phone...

Peeps, a pip at Willie and Millie's and a new Loon chick...things are happening!

E4E, yay for the pizza win! Always good to eat for free, especially now! Iodine! I remember back in my earlier teen years, the thing was to add iodine to baby oil
to get a good tan...all of the girls did it! We were living in AZ at that time and there was no sun screen then, I have had no ill effects (knock on wood)! There were 4 pools
on the base, so we lived outside and at the pool. For four years...

Lori, love your pics, good to see you!  Hope all is going well, we miss you...

baz, I tried 'balled' peanuts when Ed and I went to Florida years ago. I think one must have to grow up on them to enjoy... ;D I didn't think they were very tasty. I
don't remember if they were cooked fresh or not, it was along the roadside with a hand painted sign.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9109 on: June 25, 2022, 07:50:17 AM »

Happy Anniversary Lee & Jani!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9110 on: June 25, 2022, 08:25:09 AM »

Morning eagle buddies - 'Caturday'!  ;D

Peep - Cute loon chick!

Phyl - Nice weather in your area.  We've had nice sunshine too, not hot though.  :)

Morning Jaspurr, Puff, Lani, Baz, Lori, Tig, Kb, BL, Oldguy, T40, Karen!

Clynn - Love the anniversary post for Lilbro & Jani! 8)

Tsk - Perfect time to use your ice cream certificate;  with your Bro & SIL!! Enjoy!  ;D

LisaG - Yumm!  Sounds like Jeff has a great idea for dinner!

I have an early appt at the hair salon this morning! 

All have a wonderful day!  :)

Happy Anniversary Lilbro & Jani!

PeepSpy

« Reply #9111 on: June 25, 2022, 08:28:41 AM »

Jaspurr, have you gotten any sleep?  ;) ;D
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

PeepSpy

« Reply #9112 on: June 25, 2022, 08:32:31 AM »

Tsk, it is usually the situation that they are found in that causes the sloth medical problems. They are often found alone, without food or water and are dehydrated. Very sad that it happens to so many. Leslie is an angel!  :-*
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9113 on: June 25, 2022, 08:38:23 AM »

bounce

We had a power outage this a.m. just enough seconds that I had to reset a lot of electronics.  :P
How you doing KB  ?

Baz - pretty pics
Clynn - last pic is Camper. LOL
Puff - yes on Charles... really sad when one finds out a favorite does not meet expectations.
We have a Comcast bill just over $200 also. We have Netflix but no other specials. We do have the extra powerful internet because Camper is a "gamer". I love TCM but they attach that to a pricey pkg.

Happy Anniversary LilBro and Jani  !!

Thanx above for the slight rain we had last night.  :)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #9114 on: June 25, 2022, 08:54:46 AM »

I don't think I mentioned that one of my missing 5 is South Carolina.  That's why I missed Brookgreen.   ::)  I've been to all SC surrounding states but not SC.  When I go I just have to plan to do it during their low humidity/low heat/no hurricane season.  And, I'll have to learn to golf.  In 1975, a year before the bicentennial I did cover the original 13 colonies. whatever that means.

My beginning of the journeys would have to be the upteen trips on I80; originally Route 66.  Covered those roads many times when we moved from from my mountains (Colorado) to Illinois.  Kept that path opened until recently as the largess of relatives has dwindled.  But it is one of the spots for my ashes - I will return.  BTW, in my 40's (?) I did finish Route 66, Arizona and Santa Monica, CA. 

P     

jaspurr

« Reply #9115 on: June 25, 2022, 08:55:47 AM »

Happy Caturday

CLYNN, that is exactly what I look like when I get too hot in the bathtub.  One leg hangs over the edge.

PEEP, I have given up on Millie.  I will watch when the egg hatches.  I was watching the loon this morning.  Mom has her hands full with that little one.  She was trying to keep him under her and he was having no part of it.  He was all over the place and even wandered off for awhile.  Dad was there catching tiny fish to feed him.  He is really cute.  I took about 2 dozen pictures but they are not very sharp because of the mist coming off of the water.

Puff

« Reply #9116 on: June 25, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »

Waiting to get outside - Game called on account of drips, not really rain.  Maybe I'll try squeezing in a couple loads in my old washer.  Not really bragging; not enough yet to even shut off the sprinkler system.

I think OG used up all the water allotment.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9117 on: June 25, 2022, 09:09:50 AM »

LISA   Or as I first heard the word and thought they meant "bald" cuz they had no skin  LOLOL

CLYNN   We have a beauty of a day in store tomorrow as well.  Finally a cloudy day to let all the watering we are doing soak into the sod. ::)  Out of curiosity are you in touch at all with any of the "kids" you met at the bases through the years?  You mentioned pool time.

TIG   Finally had time last night to binge the first 3 episodes of The Old Man  :o :o :o :o.  Good show ( sans violence)  I've always liked Jeff Bridges which is why I'm watching it.  I don't usually watch FX.

PUFF   That was a good time to cover the 13 colonies  ;D
Chicagoland

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #9118 on: June 25, 2022, 09:12:05 AM »

Happy Caturday All
Planning a warm FUN day with the kiddos today.Oooh I mowed yesterday in between rains..Lawn did well surprisingly wasnt too wet to mow it..looks good..

HAPPY Anniversary LILBRO and Jani!
Have a wonderful day  :)
🦅🇺🇸💓

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #9119 on: June 25, 2022, 09:16:39 AM »

Pink  this is the link to the books and movies on Street Cat Bob.  https://www.bing.com/search?q=a+street+cat+named+bob&qs=LS&pq=a+street&sk=LS1&sc=8-8&cvid=5A03572923034BBAB3FD856E18272D2A&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=4  Comcast On Demand free movies, oddly has the first film, listed under 'comedy'.  :o >:(    Hey Comcast...wrong!
I fell in love with Bob about 7 months before he died.     About your cable, so has it gone back off again? If so, well shucks!   At one time I had want to become a school teacher. Then I got into high school.

Thanks Phyl!!  :)
🦅🇺🇸💓