Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 372341 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #8955 on: June 21, 2022, 03:41:03 PM »

KB   Frankly I don't know how these guys are working with 97 in the sun for the afternoon. Humidity 40%  dew point 67%   Got lots of hard work done in the shade at 8:30 AM    Just brought out to them a dozen chocolate chip cookies and said they would get the rest tomorrow  LOL  We keep filling the cooler with water.   I took before pics and will take after pics.   Our major chain groceries have adequate supplies but there are empty shelves of some goods that just haven't come in yet.  Had to wait a couple weeks for my favorite cereal but am not complaining...Of course prices are higher.  :(

LISA   I did take some "befores" a while back and will post "afters"  ;)

Just got called out for a glitch!!  Per what landscape designer  said and what we got - Hmmm
  Trying to work something out.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8956 on: June 21, 2022, 03:47:42 PM »

kb--It's all about the Goose Cabal trying to claim the Retention Pond for hockey in the winter months!  ;) :) :)

Ah, that's it!...good humor eburgbirdwtchr......thanks for the laugh.

Jaspurr- I'm not aware of any air shows....but that does not mean there aren't any....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 03:49:50 PM by kbshcb »

PeepSpy

« Reply #8957 on: June 21, 2022, 03:58:17 PM »

Snoopy melted!  :'( :'( :'(

Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

jaspurr

« Reply #8958 on: June 21, 2022, 04:00:23 PM »

Eburg, that was a good one!.  Didn't catch it at first. LOL

PEEP, say it isn't so.  Not Snoopy.  >:(

PeepSpy

« Reply #8959 on: June 21, 2022, 04:18:10 PM »

Sweet Mama Loon looks kind of warm.  :-*
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #8960 on: June 21, 2022, 04:19:48 PM »

Good Evening Another scorcher here, but we are promised a cool down.. Work was ok.. Just tired of the heat, at least I work in AC and live in AC..I know most of us are going thru this.. Today is Summer Solstice! We will take the extra minutes!
We will have Cowen, Lain, Kenz and Lawson Saturday and take them to a local Sports plex, it has bounce houses, go carts, arcades and mini golf..We will bring them home for the night..Can't wait! ALSO going to Warrant/Tesla concert Friday July 1st wirh Brother and SIL and Hubby..FUN!!

JASPURR Good advice for LISA on that all natural bug Soother! LOVED the Cat Bird video..
PEEP Awesome updates on Canela, Pringle and tje Puffins! Stay cool where you are! Wonder when that egg will hatch? Oh noooo Snoopy! PLEASE no ..lol
TIG Sorry it was the compressor also, at least you had Tito to help pass the time :) Ah weeds pulled also
I need to do that also..too HOT.
KB How exciting a nest outside your bathroom, well i do alot of things while brushing my teeth in the mornings, its all about time management and balance. Lol Oh Ollie can't ever stay mad at you for very long. Sorry to hear about all the empty shelves there, so far all our shelves at Grocers are stocked well.. Prices tho..Ya that's another story..Ugh..Airshow??
PUFF Aww Prayers and love back to you and Ashley :)
LANI Awesome updates on Dunrovin and also on Pixie and her sweet cubs.. Bubble Bread?? Is that anything
like Monkey Bread?
OLDGUYI agree! Bug soother is a wonderdul and natural alternative..Deet is terrible.
LISA Glad to hear your vehicle will be serviced and in top shape for your trip to Decorah soon.. Wonderful  pucs of Male this morning! He is a looker , especially with the full crop..lol Bug Soother tip was sound advice  ;)
TSK Wow the heat for you there and your workers! Im sure they appreciate that water we and cookies! Im wirh everyone else and wonder whats up with the Monarchs at your place..very unusual! Can't wait to see pictures  when all the work is done there :)
CLYNN Feels like 100 here right now..Thats a couple degress cooler than yesterday..OH Sunday looks Marvelous! I hope it stays that way! Wildheart Ranch and Annette..Aww so moving and sweet.. OH funny KAREN
and the birds on her Ah Pad.. Thats a good one!
E4E Oh yes my weekends are all mostly busy and wonderful, especially when we have the kiddos! So glad you had a nice Father's day filled with company and tje
bbq'd hotdogs, burgers, & Tri-tip and veggies sounded DEElish!
PHYL Do you have cable yet?
BL, LILBRO, T40 and EBURG
 :)
LORI Saying Hi to you also GF.

Have a good and tru to stay cool indoors evening All!
https://fb.watch/dNXPH3jXv2/   
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:22:09 PM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

PeepSpy

« Reply #8961 on: June 21, 2022, 05:23:38 PM »

LPC Loon nest cam will start pip watch too!  :D

"The loon nest is in the lakes region of central  New Hampshire.  The nest and cam were placed on May 2.  The first egg arrived on Saturday, May 28'th at 05:05:45.  A short clip of the egg being laid is at https://youtu.be/f96waFlQhAE  The second egg was laid on May 30'th at 19:23:40.  A clip showing that is at https://youtu.be/xse92I4g78w  The hatch occurs about 28 days from the start of incubation, so likely June 25-28.   If you'd like to enter the "guess the hatch date"  contest and cam fundraiser, the link is https://loon.org/hatch-time-contest/  "
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8962 on: June 21, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »

On Tim's watch Lucy escaped as the laundry room door was not shut tight and blew open and garage was open  sigh.  I found it that way and said to Tim - "Where's Lucy?"  and the hunt began. Just found her and she was in the neighbors yard and saw me coming from the back of the neighbors yard and tore into the garage and laid on the top step.  She was panting - I've never seen her do that before - She's now sprawled on the cool hardwood. Panting stopped.   Don't know how long she was out there..but we do know she will not go far. She knows where her safety is.  Phew.  That stinker. She'll sleep like a rock now and so will we.

PINK   Lots of fun stuff coming up  ;D and a full house Sat night  ;D

Off to a church meeting - What a day.  Need to head to the nursery early tomorrow to pick out a new planting.
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #8964 on: June 21, 2022, 06:14:02 PM »

On Tim's watch Lucy escaped as the laundry room door was not shut tight and blew open and garage was open  sigh.  I found it that way and said to Tim - "Where's Lucy?"  and the hunt began. Just found her and she was in the neighbors yard and saw me coming from the back of the neighbors yard and tore into the garage and laid on the top step.  She was panting - I've never seen her do that before - She's now sprawled on the cool hardwood. Panting stopped.   Don't know how long she was out there..but we do know she will not go far. She knows where her safety is.  Phew.  That stinker. She'll sleep like a rock now and so will we.

PINK   Lots of fun stuff coming up  ;D and a full house Sat night  ;D

Off to a church meeting - What a day.  Need to head to the nursery early tomorrow to pick out a new planting.

OH MY!! What a scary moment..What a stinker she is!
🦅🇺🇸💓

LisaG1967

« Reply #8965 on: June 21, 2022, 07:14:31 PM »

Tig - How are you gonna fix your pork loin?  I have one in the freezer too that needs to be cooked.

Kb - Great shot of the planes.

Tsk - I rember your before pics.  Can’t wait to see the after’s.  Yikes, a glitch, hope that got all worked out.
Oh no, Lucy escaped!  Thank god she is back.  I would have been in a panic.

Peep - Mmm, the Stash tea popsicles….the chocolate mint one sounds good.

Pink - Friday night concerts sounds great, and a fun weekend with the lils coming up. 

Have a good night everyone.

PeepSpy

« Reply #8966 on: June 21, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »

Lisa, I use this rub on a 3-4 pound pork loin. Double it for a larger one.  ;) :)

1 T. Salt
2 t. Sugar
1/4 t. Garlic powder
1/4 t. Onion powder
1/4 t. Paprika
1/2 T. Lemon juice
1/2 t. Black pepper
1 T. Dried sweet basil
2 T. Oil

Mix salt, sugar, garlic and onion powders, paprika and lemon juice together. Add black pepper, basil, and oil. Rub paste all over meat and roast at 350 until done.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 07:42:25 PM by PeepSpy »
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

PeepSpy

« Reply #8967 on: June 21, 2022, 07:55:50 PM »

Wow!  :D

Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8968 on: June 21, 2022, 08:07:34 PM »

The lil groundhog has left the yard.  I have a slat broken in the back that is up maybe half way up the fence.  Jeff has some wood stacked up there to prevent the skunks from coming in, but groundhogs climb and he climbed on the wood, and out the slat he went.  I am wondering if that is how he got in, because there are no holes dug around my fence, and Jeff still has the front gate blocked with a board. 

Pink - Sounds like you had a great weekend. Strawberry pancakes sound really good.  I have not ate a pancake in two years!  I did not get the hummer feeder yet.  We literally did not leave the house, except to go to the grocery this weekend.

baz - I hope you are enjoying that sunrise in Surfside Beach!  I did not know that groundhogs were also known as woodchucks.

jaspurr -  I literally LOL's at your comment, Next year if your whistle-pig sticks around you can let us know if he sees his shadow and how long winter will last.  LOL

Peep - The Puffin Dads are having a relaxing day.  Thanks for the groundhog link.  I bet he is looking for the peanuts I put under the tree for the birds and squirrels.

Have a good night, Beakers

Lisa, your woodchuck must've been just passing by and stopped to see what was in your yard... he's a cutie!  My TN Mtns Sister used to have a log home in a wilderness area, in the VA mtns, and we would spend lots of weekends there. Groundhogs were regulars around there. Once Prince, The Wonder Dog (my sister's Golden Retriever, fondly referred to as, "PTWD," in that cabin's Log Book), had a stand-off, and then tangled with a groundhog who stood his ground after the confrontation with Prince. The woodchuck lunged and grabbed Prince by his long scruff of hair on his chest, and they went round-and-round in a circle till the woodchuck let go and literally went flying from the centrifugal force. :o ;D  Luckily, no animals were injured in that surprise encounter. LOL! I wish I had seen that Surfside Beach sunrise in person, but I'm one state away. My sister took that sunrise picture at Surfside Beach, SC... And this one at the end of that same day at that same beach...

:) Dusk at Surfside Beach, SC - Last colors of the day at dusk-about 830pm-ish:

Have a Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:15:22 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8969 on: June 21, 2022, 08:21:48 PM »

Oh gosh, Instagram update on Reggae! He is graduating to the release site! Mixed feelings here, but need to be happy he did so well!  :'( :-* :D

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce__tpiAbFM/

Peep, awww.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* REGGAE!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  Reggae, I look forward to you living your best life, but I will miss you sooo much!! You can come and visit me any time!!   :-* :-*  Many thanks to TRR:-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center