Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 280960 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #6990 on: May 12, 2022, 10:43:16 AM »

Just heard from MpMOM ...says they're fine.  That's a relief!

The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6991 on: May 12, 2022, 10:55:38 AM »

YAY! Puffin cams are live, but little action yet. Hope that they stay up this year! Watching for Willie and Millie!

So happy for you Peep!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6992 on: May 12, 2022, 10:56:52 AM »

13 miles to Tig's house and about 30 miles north east of KB. Power just came back on.

YAY!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6993 on: May 12, 2022, 10:58:19 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Pink, Lori, Lilbro, Tsk, Peep, Phyl, Eagles, Jaspurr, Blschue, Kb, Clynn, Jaspurr, Tsk, Lisa, Tig, Eburg, Ezee, Weasel, Oldguy and All!

Tig, glad to know you and Camper are okay.

Clynn, beautiful Rose-breasted Grosbeak, I've never seen one, I hope it returns .... Love grandma's hair fix on Bella, those shoes or socks are really cute. She's getting tall and slender.  :-* ... nice pic of Charlo ospreys and R&R.

Peep, sweet Katy

Kb, glad to know you, Chris and Ollie are okay.

Phyl, glad to see the Two Harbor eaglet doing well, and so is MpMom and Pete!  ;D

{{{Hugs and prayers blschue}}} are coming your way. Glad for you that there wasn't any storm damage. God bless your grandson.

I'm pages behind. I felt a bit under the weather yesterday. I had a sinus headache behind my eyes.
After several days of constant dusty windy weather it got to me, and others.
And no rain in sight for the next ten days.  :-\

PeepSpy

« Reply #6994 on: May 12, 2022, 11:00:50 AM »

Willie and Millie's address marker could use some fresh paint!  ;D
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6995 on: May 12, 2022, 11:01:45 AM »

BISCHUE  I apologize, I meant grandson duh!  I also did not back in the garage far enough - Closed the garage door and it sheered off my license plate.  ::) ::) ::)   YAY  You are also back up and running.

LISA    Tim and I just made a quick run to the nursery for "his" garden.  Will not plant til likely Monday when it is cooler.  I might be on the hunt today for some white capris however  LOL  Kind of a free day for me - WHHAAAAT?    so will take advantage  LOL

KB   Glad you are up and running.  Did you ever hear what your top wind gusts were?  Lots of clean-up

PEEPS   YAY  And I can see the house #s too  ;D

OLDGUY   Great post for PINK  L

PHYL    good news on MPMOM  thanks

LANI   LOLOLOL  that dog and bread just cracked me up!!!   ;D ;D ;D  Take care  ((((LANI))))
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #6996 on: May 12, 2022, 11:04:49 AM »

Love that blue ocean!  8)
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

oldguy

« Reply #6997 on: May 12, 2022, 11:11:35 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Glad to hear that everyone is safe and only minor issues of cleanup.  I see that the tornadoes are popping up West and North of St. Cloud already this morning.  At this time the current storm line should miss the Cities...  I am sure there will be more development of storms this afternoon/evening.
Last evening TV 9 of the Twin Cites was live feed on YouTube with the weather as it went thru the area.  This gives people a method to keep up to the warnings on their phones.

We had a hot day yesterday with mild winds (under 10)  Hit a high of 96 with a heat index of 105.  The dew point is dropping today, so the heat index will be closer to real temp - forecast of 92.  Rain chance on Friday and down to 86

Glad to hear everyone is getting their power back on...

Maru's Birthday Countdown Video12   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YP9uIcQ28

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #6998 on: May 12, 2022, 12:29:26 PM »

tsk - I heard winds of 80mph at the airport...when I looked out my window downstairs at a safe distance it not only was strong but swirling/rotating past my door for 20-30 minutes...we were worried about something flying into the windows or large trees down.

oldguy - thanks...tonight could be another doozy..it's really warming up here with high dew points today so that doesn't bode well.

If I can take down my hanging basket?...it's heavy wet now I will before tonight....all of the other same precautions I took last night in the yard are staying put till tomorrow.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6999 on: May 12, 2022, 01:06:09 PM »

kb - Sorry about your tulips and hanging basket, but glad to hear you have your internet and TV back. 

Phyl - We are grilling steaks for dinner.  Mmmm, lasagna and salad sounds good!  Thanks for the vid 365.  Thanks for the update on MpMom. 

Peep - I bet you are excited the Puffin cam is back!

tig - Hope all goes good for your tulips. 

blschue - Glad to hear you have your power back on too.

Lani - I am sorry that you were not feeling good.   ;D love that morning pic!

tsk - What is Tim gonna plant in his garden? 

oldguy and all Beakers ....... please be safe with the weather headed your way!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7000 on: May 12, 2022, 02:34:43 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PINK!!  I hope you have the best day!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7001 on: May 12, 2022, 02:49:47 PM »

OLDGUY   We are currently at 90 with a dew point of 63.  No rain til Saturday afternoon.  Monday will be a beautiful 76 degrees.

KB     Pretty scary  :o

LISA   Actually he has 2 patio pots for dill, cilantro, oregano and in front of our arborvitae at the back of the yard will go 2 tomato plants and 2 cukes and some beans he will have climb the fence. - He willingly scaled down this year  ;D ;D ;D

I'm once again a happy camper.  Was speaking with a gal this AM who reminded me of a Kohls about 5-7 minutes further than my favorite Kohls that moved over a year ago.  Where they moved to was a totally scaled down store with no petite section ( I'm not petite by any means but I am short  LOLOL).  I had forgotten all about it.  Went there this AM - It is huge!!!  Really nice petite section and found some white capris.  I now have my favorite store back  - just a bit further away  ;) ;)

Stay safe our Mn friends
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #7002 on: May 12, 2022, 03:06:41 PM »

Hi to All the Beakers!  :)

It sounds like everyone is safe, and thankfully no major damage from the storms yesterday and last night. Those straight-line winds were in the 70s-80+mph range at ground level in some places - so no wonder about some of the damage from those in some places... plus tornadoes in other places. Everyone keep your alerts on and volume turned up, and secure items that may blow. Fingers crossed everyone stays safe tonight, too!

Clynn, Bella's pics are so cute! She is getting more mature looking in her face. Grandma is a wizard with a hair brush!  :D  Wow on your prettty Rose-breasted Grosbeak! Lucky you to see it! They are gorgeous.

Lani, I suspected you weren't feeling up to par. Sinus headaches are the worst. I hate you have to deal with that for so long, and hope it improves soon! Any news yet on when your new washing machine will be installed? I hope soon!  I laughed out loud when I saw your picture of the dog with the slice of bread over its face... LOL! I still am laughing at it!!   :D :D :D

Here's a link to a short story and fabulous photo of a very, very, very rare Yellow Northern Cardinal - seen and photographed recently in Gainesville, FL, in a wooded area of the University of FL's campus... They are a one-in-a-million genetic mutation... literally... It is estimated there are only 10-15 Yellow Cardinals in the whole of North America! Lucky person who got to see it, AND take a photo of it!!!

https://wcti12.com/news/offbeat/photographer-spots-one-in-a-million-yellow-cardinal-in-florida-05-11-2022?fbclid=IwAR1QDikEzUW-jZ7x-txzVLWId6ll2GpbIjgZsWLM0oz6GrUeZ2eDx3mTOVw

Take care, Beakers!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:15:32 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7003 on: May 12, 2022, 03:09:21 PM »

Here's a link to several Bird Nest Box Cams... Bird Box 5 has at least 3 tiny baby birds in it who stick up their wide open mouths from time to time, and I saw a parent stop in briefly earlier, but I didn't get a good look to see what it was before it flitted away, but it may be a Wren... not sure. You can read the info on the page below the cams to get more info about them...

https://pixcams.com/bird-nest-boxes/

Update... at 4:16pm Eastern time... It looks like a Tufted Titmouse is currently in Bird Box 7! Sweet!  :)  :-*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:18:38 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #7004 on: May 12, 2022, 03:36:03 PM »

Throwback Thursday!  :D

*Note - I came back to take out that pic that was too big. LOL. Sorry. It's still attached, so it can be clicked to enlarge.  ;)

My nephew, who is Dad to my 2 sets of twin greats, is the brother of my niece, who is Mom to my littlest greatniece and her baby bro.  Here's a Throwback Thursday pic of the two of them (he was the big brother, and she was the baby sister) when they were still pre-schoolers, oops, correction - not pre-schoolers still, but she's either in kindergarten or 1st grade, and he's 3 yrs older... with my then-still-baby Sweet Pea, the Quaker Parrot, who hatched in 1993, and went on to her reward in 2015 after 22 wonderful years of companionship with me.  :-*  I took this picture of them sitting on the front steps of an old house I lived in back in the early 1990s, in another city. That old house was built in 1912, and was in a wonderful historic arts district. It was a fabulous old house, in a fabulous old neighborhood.  And now, those little ones have 6 kids of their own between the two of them!!  :) :-* :-*

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 12:21:21 PM by baziunc »