Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 359996 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #15750 on: November 28, 2022, 09:05:51 AM »

Lani - We too had our Christmas tunes playing on sirius tradional holiday music  :)  Puzzle station-fun!! ;D
Eburg - Glad you had a nice birthday - nice memory of your Dad reading you the comics in the newspaper :)    Thank you for your service in the USMC.
Phyl - Furniture restoration sounds like a lot of work - no wonder you have not decorated yet. ;)
LisaG - We had chicken last night for dinner - I baked chicken in the oven.  Wish I had a couple of those sugar cookies that Jeff made!
Lori - Thank you for BE update(s)
Clynn - Have fun decorating!  Love the sweet pic of mama elephant & her twins :-*  Thanks for the link!
Puff - Enjoy baking, but hopefully lighten your load this year {{Puff}} :)
Jaspurr - Good to see you back - hope you had a wonderful TG weekend. :)  Thanks for providing the Royal Albatross link - beautiful!

Everyone have a nice day  :)

oldguy

« Reply #15751 on: November 28, 2022, 09:52:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Here is a link to a live stream from Hawaii
LIVE 24/7 Kilauea & Mauna Loa Volcano Big Island Hawaii Eruption Monitoring   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CdOl_qOs_k
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #15752 on: November 28, 2022, 09:58:07 AM »

NEFL Eagle Cam home of Samson & Gabby

Search teams are on the ground looking for Samson today... prayers needed.

Today at 7:06 AM update on NEFL website chat...
cyn_AEF will be watching and we'll be keeping you all updated through the day..prayers for all on the search team today.

Gabby is doing fine this morning.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

oldguy

« Reply #15753 on: November 28, 2022, 10:57:19 AM »

Hawaii sunrise was at 6:30an Hawaii time
Apau Hawaii Tours is live streaming now from a location on Saddle Road (road from Hilo to Kona) you must subscribe to channel to view the live stream
ApauHawaiiTours   -   https://www.youtube.com/@ApauHawaiiTours
Live Trying To See Lava Glow   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KbayYjvnj8
This view is from the north side of Mauna Loa some where in the area of Bradshaw Army Airfield
He is now moving to find a different view point.
But the lava is moving down the north slope.

He is now located at a rest stop at Mauna Kea State Recreation Area - he is on the move again as low clouds were moving in, preventing any views.
The last veiw location was 19.5 miles from the Mauna Loa caldera...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 11:28:47 AM by oldguy »

jaspurr

« Reply #15754 on: November 28, 2022, 11:46:41 AM »

Thanks for the eruption site OLDGUY.  Apau Tours was my go to during the Kilauea eruption.  Watch the end of the video.  He got some beautiful fotage of the lava flowing down the mountain.

LisaG1967

« Reply #15755 on: November 28, 2022, 11:50:01 AM »

Phyl - Wow, that sounds like some furniture restoration.  I can't wait to see the final product.  Great doggie shames  ;D  Beautiful Flyway & GSB sunrise pics! 

clynn - I have all of the inside of the house done, but Jeff still needs to do the outside.   Thanks, I think Bradley picked a good girl, too.  Jeff loves baking cookies. The ellie twins are adorable!

tsk - The cookies were good, and so was I.  :D  I only had one, so far. 

Puff - I wish I lived closer, I would send Jeff over to help you! And, I could be the taste-tester.  :D

jaspurr - Yay, you made it back.  Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.   :)

E4E - I made one of those Perdue oven roaster chickens that come in the bag, 2 hours 10 minutes and it was nice and moist.

oldguy - Thanks for the link on the Kilauea & Mauna Loa Volcano Big Island Hawaii Eruption Monitoring. 

Lori - Thanks for the update from NEFL.  KEEP US POSTED!!!

oldguy

« Reply #15756 on: November 28, 2022, 11:56:43 AM »

Jaspurr - yes they are both great channels to get the latest info.  Apau Tours (Scott) has lost signal for awhile as they are in route to Hilo - The Weather channel wants to use some of his video...
Doing Hawaii is a 24/7 channel, but Charles is heading to bed now as he was up all night - the camera shots are updated automatically every 15 minutes and graphics every 10 minutes..

oldguy

« Reply #15757 on: November 28, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »

Latest from Ryan Hall - storms for the south tomorrow
A Tornado Outbreak Is About To Happen Hereā€¦   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RaGotx1yM0

Lisa - you might want to check your weather on Wed. for high winds with rain for any trips over the bridge
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:09:31 PM by oldguy »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #15758 on: November 28, 2022, 01:32:21 PM »

At church all morning with a small group to stuff envelopes, put address labels on and seal - the last part for tomorrow for the Xmas mailing.   Then on to Costco - crowded - should have guessed that.  Had some good samples tho  LOL

PUFF   Was about to google cucidati cookie - happy for the explanation.  Then I saw the word fig newton which it sure sounded like as I was reading the ingredients.  LOL   Maybe time to rethink the cookie making.  I sure have.  I keep lists year to year and have really cut down to easier but nice treats as gifts.

JASPURR     Good to see you back safe and sound.  I forget, is there a new couple every year on that cam?

LISA  Tim's sister on Thanksgiving brought a bag of her homemade cherry, pistachio macadamia nut cookies - I hid them.  I allow myself 1/day  LOL  I have the recipe but need to give them away if I do.

Now will cut some fresh arborvitae branches and decorations will be done.  As long as it is nice and dry it's easier
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #15759 on: November 28, 2022, 01:44:38 PM »

A grisly sow almost ready to hibernate...taken by Nancy with a long range lens..

Afternoon all.

Not happy to read about Samson.....makes me not want to watch/read anymore...these events seem to be getting more frequent just in the cams we watch for the lat 10 years.....ugg.

I have the same question as tsk...is the albatross pair a different pick every year? and is the nest site also different every year?
Myself I'd prefer to watch the same pair return every year but we all know the male was apparently lost last year from the couple...but maybe she'll return with a new mate?...not sure how that works but I have more questions now than answers.

LisaG1967

« Reply #15760 on: November 28, 2022, 01:46:46 PM »

tsk - That cookie sounds delicious.  We received our first Christmas card this weekend from Mother of Sorrow, with Mass times printed on the inside for the Christmas holiday. 

Afternoon kb  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #15761 on: November 28, 2022, 02:05:31 PM »

PUFF   I was so intrigued by the cucidati cookie since I had never heard of it before, I watched a Youtube vid on how they are made  .  Looks like it takes all day and very labor intensive.  I admire your ambition.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #15762 on: November 28, 2022, 02:07:37 PM »

latest update from Hawaii

Mauna Loa Eruption Moves To Northeast Rift Zone - Update 2 (Nov. 28, 2022)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpYaTRo0R9Q

jaspurr

« Reply #15763 on: November 28, 2022, 02:14:11 PM »

TSK, this is a new pair and it looks like it is a new nest location.  The view in the background looks new to me.  Looks like they moved the cam.  I checked the site just before Thanksgiving and the cam was on  Lilibet's nest and the nest was empty.  Something changed over the holidays.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5Ja2mHgoA

KB I agree about Sampson and Gabby.   This was my favorite Florida eagle nest and I have removed it from my live cam list.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 02:24:39 PM by jaspurr »

PeepSpy

« Reply #15764 on: November 28, 2022, 02:20:56 PM »

Puff, my Grandmother made Hungarian filled cookies with homemade apricot jam from our trees. Heavenly!  :D
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖