Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 360001 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #13110 on: October 01, 2022, 10:15:49 AM »

Morning tsk and Peep  :)

clynn - Love your morning Caturday greeting, so colorful.  The pharmacist said I could get that too, even tho I wasn't 65, because I was diabetic.  I am definitely not gonna get it and the 2nd shingle shot at the same time, tho.  Yay for H & M's return to the nest tree!!!  That is a good nut deal!

((Puff)) - Those are happy tears. 

tig - Hope your soreness goes away soon.   :-*

kb;D that guy does look like he is sporting a stache! 

jaspurr - Great news from NEFL!

jaspurr

« Reply #13111 on: October 01, 2022, 10:19:27 AM »

Morning LISA, rained pretty hard here last night.

PEEP, did you see the movie, "March of the Penguins"? 

KB, I got distracted a forgot to mention your picture of pink flamingos from Mount Kilimanjaro.  It reminded me of my all time favorite movie, "Out of Africa".  The scene where Redford and Streep fly the biplane over a flock of pink flamingos.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 10:55:29 AM by jaspurr »

Puff

« Reply #13112 on: October 01, 2022, 10:56:22 AM »

I got message from Tony's son, also Tony, in Florida.  He moved down 2-3 years ago, lives in southern side of Naples.  Said he is just enough south to not be disasterous.  As of last night --- Still no electricity, but there is their generator; Comcast OK, includes internet but spotty; cellular service also spotty.  No serious water problems, most damage is to landscaping.  Home is concrete, roof 100% of standards.  Tony, wife, and son will be spending majority of their effort and time helping those in more serious situations.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #13113 on: October 01, 2022, 11:01:13 AM »

Getting ready to leave for a Saturday outing.  There's an exhibit at The Frist Art Museum that's I wanted to see ever since it was announced early this year. It's scheduled to close
in about 10 days. So excited to see this as much as the one 'Rome: City and Empire' 5 yrs ago.

Congrats on retun of H and M15 return  to the nest! Oh happy, happy.
A quick one and then off.

Tig {{{}}} take care. Sounds like a good plan for a Saturday

Clynn very colorful kitties this AM; Yes. The sewing pins worry me too.  LOL 'Behind every strong...woman...there's a cat...follows her to bathroom'
Tks for asking bout Jim.  While in the hospt Docs said his heart was gettin worse. And, surgery was possible. But! Not there yet.  ;) Those are some auto repair bills. Hail will really do some
frightful damage.

Lisa cute Caturday this AM; since BC/BS & Medicare will begin 1-1-23 paying 100% for Vaccs. We'll get our Shingles series in January.  We've had Prevnar 20 so all good there. Now, will get our Covid 19 booster and flu this month. And, be  my turn to feel like a 'pin cushion', sort of, LOL

Hi Tsk luv your 'Calgon take me away' kitty this AM. Before I hurt my lower spine, I use to do just that after work.  Never had Mahi Mahi  must be tasty as lots eat it.

KB looks like an Inca Tern. Thanks for posting all the varied wildlife. Ollie man  :)

Puff good news from Tony and family. Bless them for helping others
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 11:03:22 AM by Phyl »
The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #13114 on: October 01, 2022, 11:01:23 AM »

The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13115 on: October 01, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »

JASPURR   Pine Island video  :'(  Don't know how folks who will not leave will be fed?  Fresh water?  Sewer?

PEEPS   Category 3 "purr" icane  ;D ;D      LOLOL  diaper change    Love the penguin leader - laying low  LOL    Awww  the best part about kitties

PUFF  Great news from Tony.  God bless his efforts to help others.

PHYL   What exhibit will you be seeing.  Is Jim up to it, endurance wise?  Must be if you are going.

Got some eucalyptus at the Farmers market this AM  Love the smell
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #13116 on: October 01, 2022, 11:18:11 AM »

CSU Falcon Cam Orange, New South Wales Australia home of Diamond and Xavier
Congratulations Diamond and Xavier first hatch yesterday!!!

First egg laid August 26th
Second egg laid August 28th.
Third egg August 31st

Welcome little one...

Chick at around 815pm CST little wiggle worm  ;D

It's night time there now so I will get some more pics later when the family is awake :)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #13117 on: October 01, 2022, 11:19:58 AM »

Happy 'Caturday' Beakers!

Clynn - Lol! 'The Munchkins were wound up' so cute!! Love the pic!   Glad yours & Mike's cars will get repaired from the hail. :)
Lani - Wonderful news with Aly. Congrats to her that all her hard work/efforts are being felt now!!  So happy she will be moving in with you & Mike upon graduation.  Shannon is so wonderful to be helping where ever needed.  You have a special 'tight knit' family! :)  Wishing the best for Mike's MRI on Monday.
Clynn - To answer your question;  my first week of retirement was absolutely Awesome!! I had a great week; spent more time with my Mom and accompanied her to a medical appt., had lunch with an old school friend, enjoyed doing things around home & yard, went shopping at Marshall's and used a gift card I had (bought 2 tops and some misc), I even lent a hand to my hubby as needed in working on restoring his Delorean, and just enjoyed everything!!
BL - Good for you in enjoying an offshore fishing trip!! I checked out your map.  :)
Phyl - I am so happy that your hubby's medical bills will be covered.  Good for you in looking into this and getting it resolved.
Puff - Good that you got your flu shot!  I intend to get mine soon.
LisaG - Glad your arm soreness is better today.  You did right in getting the shingles shot - very good!
Tig - You have the right idea on hunkering down today to watch the game and let your arm soreness get better.  :)
Kb - Have a nice walk with your Ollie man today!
Jaspurr - That is good news on the NEFL nest!
Tsk - Awe - Tim wants to go to the animal shelter already! Still sending good thoughts & hugs for you & hubby.
Lori - You & Destini have a nice Caturday! :)
Hi Peep  :)

All have a nice day  :)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #13118 on: October 01, 2022, 11:22:50 AM »

Good morning beakers

Good news from NEFL eagle nest.  The cam in back live.  Gabby and Sampson were both seen on the cam sitting in the nest tree.  NO damage to the nest.

thank you!  So happy to hear about Gabby and Samson, they have been busy lately!  I was going to check on them today and try and get an update on SWFL.  I can't find ANY new info about Harriet and M15, just want to know if they are ok.  :-\
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

jaspurr

« Reply #13119 on: October 01, 2022, 11:37:45 AM »

LORI, scroll back and read post by CLYNN,  They have been spotted at their nest tree and are OK.  There is a picture of them in the tree at Ft. Meyer.

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #13121 on: October 01, 2022, 12:40:33 PM »

Yah!....just got a personal message from my friend in Bonita Springs..1 1/2 miles inland of the ocean..Her house is okay, just landscaping to repair..
What a difference a mile or so made...and possibly her home built well...she just got her power back on the last hour.

Jaspurr - Yes I remember that movie now....what a great one...thanks for your input regarding my problem solving.

Home from food shopping....
While gone I had a smallish bird...fly right into my camera after visiting my lantana...never saw that before. Must be the reflection of the camera.....I have seen a few hummingbirds in the last few days, but suspect this one was too big to be one?...the lens on the camera might distort it so not sure.

PeepSpy

« Reply #13122 on: October 01, 2022, 01:11:33 PM »

« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 01:13:49 PM by PeepSpy »
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #13123 on: October 01, 2022, 01:45:05 PM »

Hi Beakers. I hope this finds you all safe and well, or at least feeling better. I will need to catch up later on all your posts since my last one a couple days back, but I wanted to stop by for a quick minute to let you know that all is fine at my place - no damage to my home or car and no trees down in my courtyard. I lost electricity more times than I can count, but was lucky that it was never for long enough to cause any damage to my refrigerated foods.

Many prayers for all the people and critters and property lost, and for all those impacted by Hurricane Ian across such a large swath. There is a great sadness. Take care, Beakers. I will get back later - maybe tomorrow. Hugs to All.  :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

PeepSpy

« Reply #13124 on: October 01, 2022, 02:01:54 PM »

News report said Florida damages will be in in the BILLIONS!  :'(

It is going to take a long time to recover - for some, never!  :'(
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖