Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 370800 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #12780 on: September 24, 2022, 05:07:10 PM »

What a day...8:30 to 11:30 a ministries retreat at my church.  12:00 to 4:00  emergency room vet with Lucy ( driving to and fro was 1 hour 10 minutes of that).    Bottom line - don't know why she isn't eating as of the last 36 hours.  They had to sedate her to examine - draw blood.( Turned out normal as before)
I refused the xray at this time as will see if appetite stimulator works as it did before.   About 5 yrs ago  she was diagnosed if you remember with tumors on her mammary glands and they wanted to strip them - even tho biopsy was inconclusive. We refused as she was doing all normal things that cats do and was very active.  This vet said 95% are usually cancerous in cats however you say her behaviors have not changed in 5 yrs..   :o
 However one of the glands is leaking a fluid and likely infected accounting for her "little bit" of a fever and "little bit" of dehydration.  So she injected some fluid and woke her up and we got home at 4 and she is sleeping it off after a drunken walk to Tim's recliner - he turned the heated seat on for her  LOLOL   $$$$$$$$  as you might guess.  ::) ::)

CLYNN   Cute calico all wrapped up with a purple scarf for the fall weather  ;)   I read today that the new mail at DNR was placing sticks in the nest that Mom returned to original spot when he flew off  LOLOL  Good luck with the vet appt.  Lucy HATES the vet and it is so stressful for her.  Love that Des Moines rainbow.

TIG   Nice to have an honored celebrity in the family.  ;D  So did she get this banjo at auction?

KB   I believe that story was on national news about cancelling the dance.  I agree - that is letting them win.  Enjoy yourself tonight - The home front will be fine.  Chris and Ollie will watch movies  LOL

PEEPS    I use KB's rib recipe but actually modify it and combine with another  LOL

EAGLES   I can still feel the relief of that last day at work June of 1997.  Hope you slept in today  ;D ;D   You'll enjoy your Sundays all the more now knowing work is not lurking around the corner  LOL

PHYL   I'm very lucky too  ;) ;)

OLDGUY    LOL  Kittens first day at work  ;)   Great piece about Grumpy

Be right back to catch up
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #12781 on: September 24, 2022, 06:22:08 PM »

tsk - ((Lucy)) Yes, I can imagine $$$$$ at the emergency vet office.  Is there anything they can do for the leaking gland?  Bandit is the same way as Lucy, hates the vets and stresses him out.  I took this of him the other day at the vet. He was thinking, you take me out of this thing and I will tear you up!  ;D  ::)

Peep - Marilyn is a cutie.  Thanks for all the TRR pics!

kb - Great pic of Nancy and her fella.  Have a great time tonight!

BrokenLug - Thank you, calling Mama now. 

T40 - Great vids, and wow, the first two bonuses! 

Lani - What a cute kitty for Caturday!

oldguy - Love the Caturday memes

Phyl - Love that pumpkin owl! Hugs for you and Jim!

E4E - Sounds like a perfect last day of work.   :D

Have a good night, everyone!

Puff

« Reply #12782 on: September 24, 2022, 06:25:11 PM »

Extra strokes and kisses tsk for your Lucy.  Tell her she has quite of few of us hoping things straighten out for the good and soon.  Prayers for her, you, and Tim.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12783 on: September 24, 2022, 07:41:25 PM »

Well...talked to Jim a bit ago.  This AM ...Set back.  He was up for a bit and they had him in a chair...came in to check vitals and his heart/BP were extremely low. Back to bed he went. Nurses and docs confered and stopped Lasik and added IV fluids.   He says he feels better and no interference with his lungs. BP and hearet rate up and  normal But, no move to get him out of bed and walking as yet. I suggested he get up on his own  and carefully walk about and let his body tell him when to stop. Even if it's just a couple of minutes. And, see what's said.
I'm a very proactive person in my health and recovery. Jim is more passive.  >:(

I got a lot of 'little things' accomplished and a few more to do tomorrow.

Lisa  Bandit with Catitude. Does he ever wear a red bandana? REally be cute. Mike had a  black collar with a  gray bowtie on it.  Maggie has faux pearl studs on pink.

Oldguy ''Good Luck' at cards tonight

Kb thanks for Bonnie's  photo of Nancy and her new 'man' so glad DNR has a new pair;   like all have said, Chris/Ollie will have fun. how can two guys not?  Have fun ce soir.

Tsk  Y'all did have a busy day.   I wish better news for Lucy.  So cute "drunken walk..."   Reminds me of  Maggie with her first time on BP meds and dizziness...she staggered.  Now she just sleepsMags sends her purrs

T40 thks for vids. I wonder if Larry is still and will remain at #10 with Liz Truss in office?  Some vids won't play...no surpize w/ Tic Tok which is 'okay'.  Luv the fish stealing BE; one'd think a falcon would know better. Olive/Mable  :-*

Lani luv your kitty for today   {{Mike/Lani}} How are your boys?

The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

« Reply #12784 on: September 24, 2022, 07:44:25 PM »

thorough,
thought though.

PeepSpy

« Reply #12785 on: September 24, 2022, 07:59:41 PM »

100 foot waves as Fiona passes by Seal Island!

Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

PeepSpy

« Reply #12786 on: September 24, 2022, 08:03:15 PM »

JennieWren puffin watcher in the UK just bought this set. Isn't it cute?  :D
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

PeepSpy

« Reply #12787 on: September 24, 2022, 08:06:51 PM »

From Puffin Dailey 💕
(Ugh, 8 months til breeding...)

Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12788 on: September 25, 2022, 01:09:27 AM »

JennieWren puffin watcher in the UK just bought this set. Isn't it cute?  :D

This is sweet
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12789 on: September 25, 2022, 01:13:17 AM »

Phyl, fun Cat Shames... serene Flyaway pic..... awww Bob the Street Cat   :-*

Tsk, I pray Lucy feels better in the morning.  :-*

Clynn, my first job when I was 16 was working for Gibson's Dept Store on weekends... I had to learn to make change by counting out the cash, but we were trained to do it out loud.

Tig, You and Camper keep busy busy.... Enjoy your day!  ;D

Kb, I hope you had fun at your reunion  :)

Lisa, we've been able to turn off the AC this week too... YAY! We made it through another summer without having any AC problems. (knock on wood, talon's crossed  ;D ) ... Bandit  ;D

Peep, darling TRR pics... Grumpy LOL  ;D ... Marilyn looks so tiny and yet she's a little busy body  ;D

Eagles, I'm so glad you had a fun day yesterday... now, your time is your own. Enjoy!  :-*

T40. Love the eagle catching a fish... and of course sweet Mabel and Olive. LOL!

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers, Jewel Family, and Friends, Peace, good health and happiness be with you and those you love  tonight and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Jaspurr, RubyRed246, Baz, Karen, Ezee, Puff, Lori, Blschue, Lilbro, Tig, Eburg, Lindy, Pink, Oldguy, Tsk, Clynn, Eagles4, Lisa, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Jilltosa, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen and TA, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Eagle's Kris and son, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and TA, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Reggae, Taffy Apple, GSB Hawklets, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12790 on: September 25, 2022, 06:45:06 AM »

HI EVERYONE

Crisp cloudy 58 degrees this AM heading to mid 60's  :D

LISA   Cute one of Bandit  ;)  Lucy would be cowering at the bottom.  ::)

PHYL   Looks like they are finding the right combo of drugs for Jim.  Do you see your doc on Monday?

PEEPS  Close one for Seal Island  :o   JennyWren - cute puffin set  ;)   Daffodils are perfect.

LANI   I'm glad we were raised in an age when we had to learn/memorize math in our heads.  I so remember practicing my "times" tables with my parents.

KB  How was the reunion?
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #12791 on: September 25, 2022, 07:05:01 AM »

Good Morning...Happy Sunday !

Currently: 68F  and  cloudy .    Our forecast for the day:  high of 85 F  partly sunny and a nighttime low of 56F   .

Hi Lilbro and {{Karen}}

Lani we cashiers did all that and count it backwards from the change amount to end with the amount of cash bill that paid for the item

Tsk Re Jim, we'll see what today brings and if he's allowed up and walking.  If he isn't allowed up and walking, we have problems.
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

« Reply #12792 on: September 25, 2022, 07:07:26 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam

Sep 25, 2022 7:05 AM
Camera Time: Sep 25, 2022 7:05 AM CDT
Birchwoman
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

« Reply #12793 on: September 25, 2022, 07:07:57 AM »

Scientists blasted plastic with lasers and turned it into tiny diamonds and a new type of water

New research inspired by ice giants like Neptune and Uranus shows lasers can transform a common plastic into tiny diamonds.

https://www.livescience.com/lasers-plastic-diamonds?utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D
thorough,
thought though.

PeepSpy

« Reply #12794 on: September 25, 2022, 07:13:16 AM »

Waters are calm by Seal Island after a near hit from Fiona!

Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖