Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 372386 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #12735 on: September 23, 2022, 11:47:20 AM »

Beautiful day today.  Got the edging done and cut down more perennials.  Still can't find my weed digger that I lost in the garden last year - LOL  It will show up in the spring.  Stuck to my limit of not more than 90 minutes.   Some little critter has already nibbled at one of the front porch pumpkins.  Hope he makes a nice design. ;)

CLYNN   Bella looks like she is playing movie star  ;) ;)   You have so many things happening all at once. :o

KB  That's one happy goat  ;D   That note was a riot!!!

TIG   That's always the benefit of fishing - Even tho no fish - it is peaceful and nature all around.  Good to experience that once in a while as you and Camper know.

LANI    How does that owl do that special upside down head?   LOLOL  Great shot by the photographer.

By the way, forgot to mention that the electrician was here yesterday and installed all of our new fire alarms   ;D ;D ;D
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #12736 on: September 23, 2022, 01:20:09 PM »

Tig - that's why they call it fishing not catching.  ;)   :D

BrokenLug

« Reply #12737 on: September 23, 2022, 01:37:35 PM »

BL, you have some very fond memories of Jumbo... how long has he been gone?

clynndunn - Jumbo passed away 17 yrs ago this past April. He was only 44 yrs old.  :( :(

To the beakers that asked, yes, that is Jumbo on the left (middle bro), Beak in the middle (oldest) and I BL (youngest) on the right.
This pic I believe was taken in 1998 by Quag somewhere in ME after a very long day and an even 'harder night' ..
The birds were starting to stir as I recall ..  ;)  :)
Shortly after beak retired (aka passed out) to a Coleman cot to slumber under the waning stars .. we duct taped him to it.
When he had to water the trees at sunrise we heard some pretty juicy expletives.  :P
As I have mentioned here before the camp practical jokes between the 3 of us got so out of hand we had to all agree to put a complete stop to them.
Actually the 3 better halves at the time dictated such.  8) 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:02:17 PM by BrokenLug »

BrokenLug

« Reply #12738 on: September 23, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »

{{{ Phyl's and Jim }}} - Pip and I are sending our most positive health vibes your way ...

LisaG1967

« Reply #12739 on: September 23, 2022, 02:13:18 PM »

BL - I had a feeling you might have been the one on the right, just by looking at the boot.

tsk - I bought Cinderella pumpkins this year, cause I thought e squirrels didn't like those, but I see I have some teeth marks and a chunk out of mine too.   ;D
Glad that you got the fire alarms situation taken care of!

Lani - LOL, speed walking!  Nothing worse than a stubborn man. 

kb - I have a spider living in my box too, and its one of those jumpy kind!

((Phyl and Jim)) - Check in!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12740 on: September 23, 2022, 02:36:41 PM »

Hi Beakers...
Was gonna post this AM. But over slept and had to put it in high gear which was difficult since my BPPV has been acting up and I could barely keep upright.
I 've updated the news for today thus far.

Currently:76 F  and  sunny .    Our forecast for the day:  high of 77  F and a nighttime low of 60 F partly cloudy.

Yesterday:
Talked to Jim last night. The proceedure, via a vein, to 'peek' into his heart revealed all is as it 'should' be considering the AFib. Good news. The codine cough elixer does it's job. But, I told Jim that he's only recovering if he can go w/o the stuff and not cough. Other wise if he can't.
Fluid is gone from his lungs and the Lasik has him in and out of bed or the other.  The bad new is although Jim's not recovered they want to discharge him! He has that incision v ia his back through the chest wall and into the pleura to drain it. He's still coughing,  with his lungs still recovering and on antibiotics. He told me he read that Medicare advises not to let the hospital 'force' you to discharge before you feel you are ready to leave. And, that in that case the hospital is required to keep you.  We'll see what happens later today when he butts heads with docs. My 2 cents were to at least stay until this Sunday afternoon.
He says he's never been so tired of chicken and turkey (his favorite) in his life. I told him that was 'cuz chicken/turkey are heart healthy meats.  I think when he returns, burgers are in order.

Today:
I called Jim  after check-in, while in doc's waiting room. He said they've got him up walking and resting in a chair. Gonna do that yesterday but other 'stuff' came up. Says this has him all done in. Dah!
Nurse took his vitals and heart rate low...bradycardia.  Jim didn't say just how low.  Sometimes,  get so frightened for him/us.  Have no idea how long his recovery from this will be once he's home.  Moolah is getting low as nothing coming in weekly.  ::)

Autum said my lung swere clear. But concerned about my unproductiove cough. So sent me to Imaging for two Xrays  and resluts in sometime first of nexzt week.  I also mentioned anolther issue which we discussed. And advised.
I've been home a while doing some 'Firday things'. And, to make it on time this AM I skipped a shower and washing my hair and all. So, will get that accomoplished and off to the grocers and all. I really tired and think I will veg once back home and things put away.

Someone mentioned something about Magpie: Yes. Maggie knows Jim's not here...cats are extremely intuitive.  It's just that Maggie tolerates Jim and loves me.   ;D 
When I had my surgeries i.e. spleenectomy and cervical spine and took to my bed when I got home, she was right  with me and positioned herself in protection and would growl if Jim or Mom came into the room. She never left my side or shoulder. Was intrigued by the cervical collar and the incision on my neck. And, never stopped purring; those MHz really do heal.

Clynn good Ukraine; butterfly larvae, the drama of the transformation;  AwwwwSamson & Gabby sleeping on the Nest Tree Together.. Thanks for sharing  Debbie Botelhofor

Lisa cute fall squirrel; Same vertabrea s/issue I have. But, Hell will freeze over before I let 'them' fuse those.  10 years ago the nerve endings finally wore away and now I'm pain free, naturally.  However, not everyone can do what I did.  I'm  so glad Jeff is happy with his spine surgery.  ;)

KB lovely leopards

Hi OldguyYes. I read the info on the spotted tail Quoll very interesting; Caribbean weather looks risky

Hi Karen! nice to see you here. Hopefully, you are in your own home.   Gentle hugs

Eagles  big day ahead. What are you going to do next week?

T40 I'll skip the vid you pposted; if it's that upsetting. I don't need more to cry about now.

Lani good there's  2nd opnion for Mike. So glad the  PT is set up,  will help. Good news on the MRI, a lot will be learned from it. Sadie/Dewey will keep an eye on Mike.  Finally progress I'm so happy to hear this.  Thanks for the hugs, we need them. Not sure when Jim will go back to work...I so wish he'd win the Tenn lottery.

Hi BL/Pip  thank  you for the 'good vibes'   :)  ; I was gonna ask about Jumbo. I really like the photo of you three 'round the campfire.

Lots of good posts today. Luv the wildlife. Thanks.
The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

kbshcb

« Reply #12741 on: September 23, 2022, 02:48:54 PM »

Phyl - I'll never forget when I told Scott's Doc at HCMC a Level 1 trauma hospital as he'd been crushed on his chest by 2,500 pounds so severely injured his lungs and broke every rib front and back (burst fractures) and more fractures the following:
This after he'd been on a ventilator for a week:

"Do not send my husband home to me with unstable lungs"

Well: she did...on day 11 he came home and 3 days later both lungs collapsed with litres of hematoma at home. He had 5 drain tubes put in.

So important not to do that....I rushed him to a local hospital when he was cyanotic, and his ribs retracted with each breath. That second Doc was willing to call the first one at trauma center and give her Hell.

See if you can prolong it if serious enough. Otherwise getting up and around and moving, is the best thing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 04:15:58 PM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #12742 on: September 23, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »

After using the A/C daily although set at 78 all summer.....guess what?

I just turned the heat on as it got to 70 inside the house and it's still in the mid 50's here.
Gotta check it out ya know!

I won't leave it on long, just take the chill out and then set the furnace to 72.....for the night.

got all of .10 an inch of rain so far...as they say, something's better than nothing!....hope to get a little more tonight....not sure though.

oldguy

« Reply #12743 on: September 23, 2022, 03:02:01 PM »

It is Friday

It is a cool (cold) day here - 49 at sunrise, 56 and light rain this afternoon - expected to continue most of the day - .02 at this point - temps to rebound to upper 70s for the weekend - no rain in the forecast for next 10 days.

Golden Retriever Reacts to Mom Cat with Kittens in Dog Bed   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRK0hOeJ9E8

Maru's Calendar 2023   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Ett0k0s-I

When this Cat Gave Birth, Doctors Realized They Weren't Kittens   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX5_wgxUIZc

Practice - Full video is coming very soon!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPfBZpSKvRA

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

PeepSpy

« Reply #12744 on: September 23, 2022, 03:04:27 PM »

We had a major drop in temps too, KB! Down in the 50's last night!  :) :)
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

PeepSpy

« Reply #12745 on: September 23, 2022, 03:15:43 PM »

Oh that Tabby, OG!  :D
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12746 on: September 23, 2022, 03:17:21 PM »

We arrived home safely.  :)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #12747 on: September 23, 2022, 03:21:44 PM »

A fun one from the kids today...
Quarantine Kids play "Love Shack"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-iHYLXcf0

Another short from Leslie
Squawk Call Explained | Black-capped Chickadee Calls and Sounds   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hviHtUrwFU
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:25:54 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12748 on: September 23, 2022, 04:07:50 PM »

BL   Funny recollection of the 3 of you  ;D

LISA   Had to google Cinderella pumpkin  ;) ;)

PHYL   Esp with you not feeling up to par it is a wonder how Jim will manage if home too soon. HUGS  It's important that they keep him up in a chair and walking.  I wouldn't think about work for Jim for a bit..... :(

OLDGUY   Oh that golden sure wanted his bed back  LOL  Mama kitty hardly raised an eyebrow  ;D

TIG   Glad you're back safely..
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #12749 on: September 23, 2022, 04:24:13 PM »

Mr. Tower is perching on the water tower in the drizzle...must not be going to really rain in the near forecast anyway....he's wet. ;D

Haven't seen his mate yet this fall even though the DNR Mom has a suitor that she might have accepted.
A relatively speaking nearby nest. Two photographers have caught him with her in the nest..