Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 277293 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #11311 on: August 12, 2022, 03:28:16 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

A couple of people had asked...

I got the update on the results of my Littlest Greatniece's recent clinic visit at Boston Childrens. The special, but invasive, procedures they did had good findings, thankfully, and she tolerated them very well.  :-* :-* Her labs were great!!! Thank God. The TPN she gets for nutrition into the vein by her heart, via the CVC, can be exceptionally hard on the liver, but so far so good on that, fingers crossed with prayers, it stays that way! She grew taller! By a significant amount. Yay! Big YAY!  :D  She didn't gain any weight, however. Drat. But she didn't lose any either, so that's good. They made some adjustments to try to help that. It's an absorption issue. Her surgeon, who is the head of her specialized care team, and of the unit that addresses the condition she has, and who does research into how to help people with it, has started a new trial for something to try to help kids like her with short gut who aren't gaining weight despite other methods, and my Littlest Greatniece will be participating. It's not anything new, but it would be new to use for treating short gut-related absorption/weight gain issues. They hope to get 34 people in the trial. There is one participant so far, and he gained a significant amount of weight in the first two weeks, so fingers crossed on that, too. I don't know what the timeframe is for her to start on that, but not yet.  All in all, it was a very good clinic visit.  :)

Thanks to those who have sent their prayers and good wishes for her and her family.  :) :-*

During her recent Boston trip for that clinic visit, they stayed in a wonderful host's Hospitality Home, for a comfortable and free home stay while spending so much time at the hospital over several days for her clinic visits. It's such a great program. The owners of this home were so nice and easy, and their sweet Golden Doodle, Stella, was a loveable pooch... very calm and easy. My Littlest Greatniece loved cuddling with her.  :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:23:25 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

PeepSpy

« Reply #11312 on: August 12, 2022, 04:04:13 PM »

Fishing Puffins!  :D

Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11313 on: August 12, 2022, 04:11:33 PM »

Peep, I bet Flo is leading the pack!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #11314 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:19 PM »

Popping in to say hello, Beakers!  Picked up mama around 2pm, and turned around to head back to our night time destination. We are at Cracker Barrel having a lil dinner right now.

Hope you all have a good night! 

jaspurr

« Reply #11315 on: August 12, 2022, 04:48:54 PM »

PEEP, little FLO spent the day in diving school.  Look at all those fish down there.  You mean I have to catch my own fish now.  ;D. Yes dear.

LANI, did you know that Otis has a mini me?  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0FHkefwuJQ

Hi Lisa, Lisa Mom. 

SED

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 06:13:00 PM by jaspurr »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11316 on: August 12, 2022, 06:21:08 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning Phyl, lilbro, jaspurr, & Lani!

Our Handsome Samson flew into the nest at NEF at 4:20 PM (ET) after being on vacation for a couple months (last seen on 6/4) !!! ❤ ❤ ❤
Same day as last year !!! 🥰     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaEuj9vZuUc

At last! What a relief to see him. He looks great, too. Thanks.
The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11317 on: August 12, 2022, 06:38:05 PM »

LILBRO   There you are  ;) ;)

CLYNN  That is the sweetest pic of Bella  :D   Yes My Mom had the clothes pole to raise the line  LOLOL   Great news - Samson is back  ;D  Dragonflies are very underrated - Gorgeous.  I wish they would sit longer to be noticed.

KB   tim also uses Milorganite   YAY  rain

TIG  Nice release.

PEEPS    Four very cute videos of pooches  :)    LOLOL on the "rap" Decorah.  The sloths were sleeping in their boxes at the Milw zoo today otherwise you would have had a photo  ;)

JASPURR   I washed the skin and grated it skin intact.  Hope you like it.  I have two big sections in the freezer and will pull one out in a few weeks .  Nice to know it is there.

LANI   LOLOL  That dog is in early Halloween outfit modeling  ;D ;D    Yes I was also cringing at the eagle being removed.  :o :o  I'm forgetting Shannon is also now in the realty business - How is it going for her?   KC  sounds like the perfect fit and Mike will know when he can feel comfortable" letting go".    Awww  that stray pup wanted someone to love him so bad. Glad the right person was there.  these things are meant to be.

BAZI    What a wonderful report on Lil Punkin's progress.  Prayers are steady and magical  HUGS

LISA   Thanks for checking in and I expect there may have been some Cracker Barrel shopping also going on  LOL
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11318 on: August 12, 2022, 06:41:18 PM »

More  You will see 2 giraffe - baby nursing on Mom - check out the neck twist on Mom  a hippo and grizzly
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11319 on: August 12, 2022, 06:43:09 PM »

something not right  cool octopus
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #11320 on: August 12, 2022, 06:53:37 PM »

Yes, that's 909's yearling cub catching a salmon! Even 909 looks impressed. via twitter explore.org

Lori - I've been checking back at Brooks Falls to see if any news was posted about female 39 (?) and her coys.  Nothing being added.  Did they find anyone or anythings?

P

sorry puff i just saw this. Will keep reading for updates! ;) say hi to Ashley from Destini 💜
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

« Reply #11321 on: August 12, 2022, 06:57:16 PM »

Hi Clynn like the Ukraine this AM;  Cute  pic of Bella  on upended log  :)  So nice to have your pick of the 'logs' from neighbor's old tree . Yes. Im looking forward to a new season on N1. Never heard of black saddlebugs before, tks for the photo and Sue's report.; giant undies :o

Lilbro thanks for sharing the photo Reno's wild horses. Pretty cool how they're allowed to  just mozy alonga street  in single file . Must be a water trough  close by ?

Tig many thanks for the vid of the B eagle release in Plymouth. Always love watching those . What a joyous moment.  The Egg Roll  Shimmy too much. Cute ditty with it. LOL  Tks for going thru your old emails. ;)

Lani A mixed emotional year to be sure.  Guarrantees and eggciting next season. We'll  be sitting on the edge of our nests.  Hope Aly /Shannon are  doing well and the furry kids as well. Glad Mike is back .Cute  canine shopper w/ crocheted headband.

Bazi thank you for the update on LilPunkin and her treatment. That smiling face no matter what. Nice photo of her and Mom in the visitors lounge.  Congrats to her and family on being selected for the new research trials !!  So happy for them.     Prayers won't stop. 

Lisa nice to hear you got your mom and dinner and are ready for a night's rest.

Tsk nice pics from your zoo outing

Do y'all hear our lawnmower? LOL   ;D   Jim's mowing the entire yard instead of the back he couldn't finish due to the Tstorms last week.
Sun still shining and the trimming all finished before hand, too.  Just leaves the shrubbery  for another day.   
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:31:50 PM by Phyl »
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

« Reply #11322 on: August 12, 2022, 07:02:42 PM »

SEDs

Paco Yao , illustration , GIF , 'Turn off the light'
thorough,
thought though.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11323 on: August 12, 2022, 08:22:03 PM »

PEEP, little FLO spent the day in diving school.  Look at all those fish down there.  You mean I have to catch my own fish now.  ;D. Yes dear.

LANI, did you know that Otis has a mini me?  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0FHkefwuJQ

Hi Lisa, Lisa Mom. 

SED

Jaspurr, OMG! That is amazing to see. No doubt in my mind, that sub adult belongs to Otis! And Otis didn't chase him off either. Well, at least no one said anything. So sweet. I hope the little guy keeps being brave and doesn't get hurt being with the Big Boys!  Thanks Jaspurr  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11324 on: August 12, 2022, 08:36:23 PM »

some bounce

((Baz))
Lisa - Yum!!!

We spent the afternoon here: https://www.irishfair.com/    a beautiful day. I had a spot o Bunratty mead and a bite of bacon wrapped chicken. Great music and dancers.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)