Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 283949 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #11295 on: August 12, 2022, 08:50:42 AM »

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/breaking-the-news/experts-inflation-at-the-grocery-store-erasing-savings-at-the-pump/89-a8868d1c-82ff-4586-9c71-a14d3618119a

Hmm....why does the Twin Cities have the highest grocery prices in the country?...the Midwest is high, but we are even higher?.

The article writer also doesn't know why.

Puff - look up Milorganite...not to worry...even Missouri parks has used it for years. The benefits to lawn care are as I said no burning of grass....many peeps I know have used it for years but this is my first try as I "stripped" my lawn this year using Scott's fertilizer and crab grass preventer in the spring. Also used in perennial gardens

Puff

« Reply #11296 on: August 12, 2022, 08:54:23 AM »

Here's the word on the "sludge" if you want.  I couldn't send over the link because I use ad blocker.
Google: Chicago Tribune report Chicago Sanitary District waste treatment plant criticized

P

jaspurr

« Reply #11297 on: August 12, 2022, 08:58:55 AM »

LANI, the little blue had two eggs and one has hatched.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11298 on: August 12, 2022, 08:59:29 AM »

bounce

BE rehab/release:  https://www.fox9.com/video/1104340
 ;D

Rain!  ;)

TTFN

Hi LilBro...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #11299 on: August 12, 2022, 09:46:42 AM »

tig - nice video of that release.....

kbshcb

« Reply #11301 on: August 12, 2022, 10:05:51 AM »

Ugg, as of yesterday still in a severe drought here where I live....I appreciate this morning's rain even more. Not going to help much though unless we continue to rain well into the fall...we shall see.

Puff - milorganite is not from human poo....it's dead bacteria....not to worry, different process

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11302 on: August 12, 2022, 10:59:13 AM »

some bounce

Been deleting some old emails this a.m. Found this!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIiEaQoo_4o
Egg roll shimmy "rap"
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

PeepSpy

« Reply #11303 on: August 12, 2022, 11:10:19 AM »

Landon is climbing! His therapy does seem to be helping him!  :D
Advent joy! 🌲🌟🐑💖

jaspurr

« Reply #11304 on: August 12, 2022, 11:50:07 AM »

TSK, I got my zucchini today.  Will be making your Chocolate Zucchini Bread this weekend.  Should I peel the zucchini before I grate it?

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11305 on: August 12, 2022, 12:27:34 PM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Jaspurr, Lilbro, Tsk, Phyl, Clynn, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Peep, blschue, Karen, Pink, Lori, Oldguy, Eburg, Maxie, Weasel, Bggolden, Ezee and All!

Peep, love the videos. I hope "those ears" dog has an owner. Because that's a cutie! ... Landon  :)

Tig, Happy soaring rescued eagle. But what a way to take her out of carrier  :o ... love the egg roll shimmy! Great memories.

Jaspurr, oh, congrats little Blues  :-*

Clynn, Awww, cute Miss Bella!  :-* ... Aly is fine, she's very busy. Our fur family is doing great too. Sadie and Dewey's tails will be wagging with joy when Mike comes home! Sadie is a great Daddy's girl  ;D ... Shannon is coming up here this afternoon. She has a couple of homes she's showing to someone in Mesa who's thinking about moving up here...  we canceled DirecTV/AT&T last month, and saved $242.00 and that was just the Basic package. Mike is the only one that uses a tv with a cable box (basic package), and one in our bedroom, that's all we need. He likes news and sports. I stream the shows I want to watch. I don't watch cable shows, they are boring, and too political for me. I'm done with that! I don't even watch the news! I'm sick of it all! That's not to say I don't keep up with what's happening, I'm all to aware of that! I keep myself an informed voter. I just choose to fill my time with things that give me pleasure... Oh my goodness, the horses in Reno, I bet they're looking for water. Remember when I posted pics of the wild horses that would come up to our home in Scottsdale and walk down the street? And Barkley and I would walk them back through the broken fence and onto the open desert. I still have pictures of them.... YAY SAMSON!  ;D

Phyl, thanks for RRP update! A mixed year of emotions for sure. Thank you to our great cam operators and mods!!!  :-*

Tsk, Mike is quietly training KC, a young 24 year old Gila Bend plant manager to take over his duties in two years or whenever Mike is ready to retire. Mike has been training him for the past four years. My man is tired and ready to retire now. It's important for him to get the best person possible to replace him and one that he trusts the most, and the current CEO and board are open to Mike's suggestion. When I went with Mike to Farmington, NM a few weeks ago, one of the reasons was to meet KC. The moment I met KC standing next to Mike I knew immediately KC was Mike's choice. KC is a younger version of Mike, outgoing, open face/smile and full of energy. A young married man with 4 children. Besides working full time at the plant, he flips houses with his brother. They home school their children and close with their church community. KC doesn't know it yet, but he probably has an idea of what is happening. awww, Have a great day with family!!   :-*

Lilbro great to see you!

Stray dog gets adopted. This will break your heart. Please adopt a stray today!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1557818593861050378
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11306 on: August 12, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »

JASPURR   I think the store owners will get a kick out of it.  The library and and a whole block of stores and our town's movie theater ( historical landmark) are all in that block.    Beautiful backdrop for the seal cam.  Just saw 1 dozing  LOL

KB   Glad that meeting - sort of  - of Ollie and Millie was productive and hopeful.

OLDGUY    Thanks for all that info on Roku.

BAZI   Wonder if your library would have taken them.  Our library has 2 book sales/year from donated books.  Liked you comment about "movie making"  I am not interested in going as as you say  - more doesn't  go on than does LOL  Waste of my time but can see where it would be fun if you had the time.

LISA   Safe trip tomorrow - Are you leaving before dawn  LOL?

Tsk, of course I checked with the library. They were all full up on donated books - didn't want to even look at them. Guess it just wasn't the right time. They did regular book sales, too, like your library. Gave and sold some to people and used book stores, and placed the rest of what I wasn't keeping on the curb for the passing world to take if interested.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:55:42 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #11307 on: August 12, 2022, 02:38:20 PM »

CRISP FRIDAY MORNING EVERYONE

LANI   Using your method you can really specialize your viewing and only pay for what you like.  I can name less than 10 channels I watch on cable.   Sure is nice for Mike to have company on this trip.

Off to Milwaukee in a bit.  Joining bro and SIL and 3 great nieces - twins 9 yrs and a 5 yr old.  We are going to the zoo and will picnic.  We haven't done this since before Covid so will be fun before school starts for them.  Aunt Sue treats with ice cream sundaes at the end - YAY   ;D

TSK, that sounds like a great time you all are going to have getting together again! Smooth travels!!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #11308 on: August 12, 2022, 02:40:48 PM »

Morning folks!!

LilBro, it's great to see you! Glad to know you must be doing well, even though you have been working so hard!!  Stop by, and send Penny pics, too,  whenever you can!  :)

baziunc

« Reply #11309 on: August 12, 2022, 02:48:15 PM »

Clynn, that's great news about Samson being back at NEFL!!!  :) Thanks for sharing. He is one good-looking eagle! I hope Karen gets word about his return - she really enjoys the NEFL and SWFL eagle nests! Do you know if she is using her ipad to read in the Beak, or check on the Eagles?  LOL, that makes a perfect sitting spot for Bella!!  :D Great pic!  :-* Are y'all cutting up that wood to dry for using in a fireplace?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:56:33 PM by baziunc »