Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 277278 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #11265 on: August 11, 2022, 03:14:22 PM »

Peep - Aww, thanks for the pic of the guest puffin.

Lani - That is kinda mean that the hunters would do that to Dr. Rogers.

tsk - Glad to hear that Tim slept ok.  I hope the injections help him.

kb - Sounds like a nice meeting for Ollie.

oldguy - Thanks for all the info.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11266 on: August 11, 2022, 03:18:01 PM »

I was brought up to love books and what's in them. Books can be 'given' away; never 'thrown' away.

I did a major downsizing 22 years ago, when I sold my home and moved to southeastern NC. I had a library in my home with hundreds of books. I gave away, or sold, as many as I knew I would not be keeping, but there were still many, many books left. At the end, I placed all of them I would not be taking with me, with a "Free to good home" sign, in open boxes at my curb, in a neighborhood where lots of "the good stuff" was regularly made available for the taking at the curb. All the last of those books that didn't get taken in the following 2 days at my curb there, were "given" to the trash pickup crew.  I hope Jonathan Seagull and his friends at the landfill can read.   ;) 8) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #11267 on: August 11, 2022, 03:22:27 PM »

(((BLSCHUE))) I'm so glad you and Ross will be taking your camper to the fair! A new adventure awaits. I hope you have a fun trip!

Clynn, I don't know why I was thinking Talon woudn't be at your house yesterday, along with Bella.  Good to see his picture along with hers. Great pics of both, and, I gotta say it, and you already know it, "They are growing up fast!!!" So cute!  :) :-*

Happy Day, Beakers!!  :)

I haven't gotten to today's posts yet... working on it, and posting as I go...  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #11268 on: August 11, 2022, 03:26:59 PM »

Yes, that's 909's yearling cub catching a salmon! Even 909 looks impressed. via twitter explore.org

Hi Lori! Thanks! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this gif of 909 and her yearling!!!!!  :-* :-* :-*

jaspurr

« Reply #11269 on: August 11, 2022, 04:04:49 PM »

PEEP, there are seals on the Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony live cam. Different from the nest cam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnxjHOQrBU

SED
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:29:26 PM by jaspurr »

baziunc

« Reply #11270 on: August 11, 2022, 04:16:26 PM »

Pink, have fun in Okobogi!!

Tsk, glad Tim is better than before! I live in "Hollywood East." LOL. Got over watching filming on the street years ago. Did a couple of "extras" work a long time ago, before I moved here even. My ex-roomie had a small speaking part in a major motion picture back in those days, and it didn't get cut!!! We sat together at the premiere and almost wet our pants trying not to laugh out loud too much when his scene came up in the film.  We were elbowing each other so much though that I spilled my wine.  ;D ;D  Movie filming is slo-o-o-o-ow work... hurry up and wait, as they say. LOLOL!  I can see why some enjoy it though. I guess "famous actors" don't do much extra for me. They are just people doing their jobs, and it so happens their jobs mean that a lot of people know who they are. Too bad it feeds the big overblown egos of so many of them. Hope the street closings won't crimp your plans! That gets old, too, sometimes.  ;)

Phyl, hugs. I send my sympathies for your brother, Larry.

Lani, sweet Donna.  :-* That period of major discord between the MN DNR and Dr. Rogers was just the worst.  And the poor collared bears... I cried a lot during that time. I'm so glad things are improved now, compared to those years. I hope bear hunting will be ended in the near future!

Lisa, safe travels to gather your mom. I know you two will have a fun visit!

Jaspurr and Peep, I'm glad that burrow visitor was able to find a safe place to rest and sleep for the night. Maybe that last fish was still there for a snack in the burrow, too!

Oldguy, thanks for the Roku info.

Gotta run, Beakers. Have a great evening! Later, gators.  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11271 on: August 11, 2022, 04:30:33 PM »

JASPURR   I think the store owners will get a kick out of it.  The library and and a whole block of stores and our town's movie theater ( historical landmark) are all in that block.    Beautiful backdrop for the seal cam.  Just saw 1 dozing  LOL

KB   Glad that meeting - sort of  - of Ollie and Millie was productive and hopeful.

OLDGUY    Thanks for all that info on Roku.

BAZI   Wonder if your library would have taken them.  Our library has 2 book sales/year from donated books.  Liked you comment about "movie making"  I am not interested in going as as you say  - more doesn't  go on than does LOL  Waste of my time but can see where it would be fun if you had the time.

LISA   Safe trip tomorrow - Are you leaving before dawn  LOL?
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #11272 on: August 11, 2022, 04:47:45 PM »

LOL from Elle  ;D
You might need to expand it.
Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

PeepSpy

« Reply #11273 on: August 11, 2022, 05:24:51 PM »

Sleeping together on the sea - hard to tell whether adults or fledglings!  :)
Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

LisaG1967

« Reply #11274 on: August 11, 2022, 05:41:18 PM »

Peep - Aww, love the note from Flo!  The pic of them sleeping on the sea, is that right out from the burrows?

tsk - Thanks!  I hope to be on the road no later than 5:30am.  It's a 8.5 hour trip one way to get her, and that is with no traffic. 

baz - Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 06:49:56 PM by LisaG1967 »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11275 on: August 11, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »

Clynn good Ukraine today.  Yep! I followed those clothesline Rules.   In those hot dry summers as a teenager the clothes dried before I finished hanging them  ::)   Indeed hide the undies as we had an 'alley' behind our street and kids would cut through to avoid the long walk around...
 The  clothesline was the  secret to my dark bronze Summer tan.  ;D
Our clothes dryer was only used in the late Fall, Winter and early Spring when the rains came.

Awww those Sydney Sea Eagle kids!
So cute when they 'argue'.

SE30"I touch you if I want." 
 SE29 " You can't!   '"Don't touch me!"
SE30 " I can too."
SE29 'Stop it!"
SE 30 'What?"     LOL

Pink sending you prayers for safe journey and loads of fun at Okobogi.    On your morning post.  :-*

Bazi   You are a lover of books.  Anymore libraries are so picky about donations, esp periodicals which I can understand to some extent.    For me,   there's nothing like the feel of a good read from book or magazine in one's hand when propped up in bed  and a soft light over the shoulder in an otherwise dark room,  before shut-eye.  Do I have boxes of books and mags packed  and tucked away in this house.   ::)

Lisa tomorrow's the big travel day. Once again, take care.

Lani thanks for Dr Roger's Bear Study report.   :'( :'( :'(  as Baz said, perhaps one day the hunting will stop. 

Thanks for the kind words for the loss of my brother, Clynn, Tig, Lisa, Lani and Bazi.  :-*

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 06:07:31 PM by Phyl »
The English language is, weird.
It can be understood through tough,
thorough,
thought though.

Phyl

« Reply #11276 on: August 11, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »

TWO HARBORS EAGLE CAM-IWS CHANNEL ISLANDS
 09 August 2022, 19:30:24 »

MpMom- all about Ms Lancer

thorough,
thought though.

PeepSpy

« Reply #11277 on: August 11, 2022, 05:55:14 PM »

Peep - Aww, love the note from Flo!  The pic of them sleeping on the sea, is that right out from the burrows?

tsk - Thanks!  I hope to be on the road no later than 5:30am.  It's a 8.5 hour trip one way to get her, and that is with no traffic. 

baz - Thank you!
Yes, they gather together until they disperse in their Winter waters. :)
https://projectpuffin.audubon.org/news/winter-home-maine-puffins-revealed
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 05:57:42 PM by PeepSpy »
Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

Phyl

« Reply #11278 on: August 11, 2022, 05:57:38 PM »

SEDs...
thorough,
thought though.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11279 on: August 11, 2022, 06:43:52 PM »

PEEPS   Sleeping on the sea - Now that's what I call a water bed  LOL

LISA   Piece of cake for you   ;) ;)

PHYL   Mom used her clothes line until it snowed  ::)..I can remember when we got our first dryer.   Cool lion  ;D  The felted rabbits are quite a project.  :o
Chicagoland