Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 277230 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #11250 on: August 11, 2022, 08:50:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning Puff, Lani, E4E, tig, and kb
  :)

clynn - Love the pics of the munchkins!  Bella looks so cute in braids.  Wow, that must have been some tree.  I can see why Talon was fascinated with the crane. 
Yes, Mama is coming for a visit, and will stay till Aug 23.  She will fly back home that day.  Glad to here that all is A-OK with lilbro.   ;D Sydney kiddos "The Argument"

tsk - Yummy, BLT's with fresh tomatoes!  How is Tim this morning?  How cool the filming of Chicago Fire near you.

Lori - Miss you too girl!  Thanks for all the pics  :-*

Peep - No pic of who is sleeping in burrow 59?

Phyl - Sorry to hear about Larry.  ((HUGS))  Thanks, I hope Jeff makes the right decision.  Beautiful rose walkway.

jaspurr - Lots of thunder, lightning...hardly any rain, but we did lose power twice.

Pink - Have fun on your vacay.  We miss you, but know you are a busy lady!

oldguy - Those lil treats look yummy. 

jaspurr

« Reply #11251 on: August 11, 2022, 09:10:29 AM »

CLYNN, that was QT earlier this year.  Remember when she was bullied by the gang of 4 and she regurgitated her meal.  She got that slimy stuff all over her feathers and beak.  The rangers said she smelled and it took a lot of preening to get it off her feathers.  Before then Dad made long visits with her but after that he just dropped off food and left.  The gang of 4 were physically attacking her and they just mysteriously disappeared.   Maybe the rangers relocated them.   ;). The youngsters in the nests around Tiaki last year were pretty friendly.  They often came by for visits and one in particular was her exercise buddy.  He took off and left just before her.

TSK, will they let you get close enough to watch the filming.  How is Tim feeling this morning?

I was up early this morning and stopped at McDonalds for breakfast on my way home.  OLDGUY, I will save one of those delicious tarts for later.  :D

CLYNN, LOL, when you have to go you have to go.  Did SE29 get to  PS?  My mom always had a clothes line.  When my parents moved to Sun City she had to get special permission to put up a clothes line in her backyard.  I think she was the only one who had one in Sun City. :)

KB  :o

PEEP, glad the guest puffin found a safe place to sleep.  There is always some predator to worry about.  >:(

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:38:39 AM by jaspurr »

PeepSpy

« Reply #11252 on: August 11, 2022, 09:15:58 AM »

The neighbor Puffin left the burrow. It slept just like Willi, but no bands.  :D Watchers think it was exhausted and needed a good sleep.

Too many Herring Gulls hanging around! They prey on pufflings and there are some that need to fledge yet. Most of the Terns are gone now and they were a deterrent for the gulls. :(
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:45:25 AM by PeepSpy »
    Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

jaspurr

« Reply #11253 on: August 11, 2022, 10:24:26 AM »

LANI, you said you liked the blue penguins.  I found a live cam for a nesting pair in Oamaru NZ.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncfZA1dFgXA

Puff

« Reply #11254 on: August 11, 2022, 11:02:30 AM »

tsk - how fun....did you offer up your house/landscape including Lucy for the show?
    I don't watch normal prime time tv so have no idea about "Chicago Fire"
    I do love "The Bear" miniseries on Hulu though...shot also in Chicago.

I found myself saying the same thing to mommy cat.

Strange tsk - I watch all the local news channels (try to piece together a true story) but non had any mention of Chicago Fire.  I don't watch it either.  Let us know if you see a sound truck rolling past your house.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
    « Reply #11255 on: August 11, 2022, 11:27:45 AM »

The neighbor Puffin left the burrow. It slept just like Willi, but no bands.  :D Watchers think it was exhausted and needed a good sleep.

Too many Herring Gulls hanging around! They prey on pufflings and there are some that need to fledge yet. Most of the Terns are gone now and they were a deterrent for the gulls. :(

sweet
      All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #11256 on: August 11, 2022, 11:28:16 AM »

LANI, you said you liked the blue penguins.  I found a live cam for a nesting pair in Oamaru NZ.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncfZA1dFgXA

Thanks  ;D
      All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #11257 on: August 11, 2022, 11:30:05 AM »

Bearstudy - Gentle Jack, Gentle Fred, Nice Donna, and Watching Loons Live on the Lake - UPDATE August 9, 2022

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4595-gentle-jack-gentle-fred-nice-donna-and-watching-loons-live-on-the-lake-update-august-9-2022.html

22 yr old Donna eating Clover ( born 2000 mother Blackheart, sibling was Dot, the bear in my avatar, killed by hunting 2013 and you can see she was easily chosen because of the track collar she wore. During these years Minnesota DNR did not like Dr Rogers and his program. It was years of constant back and forth of court action between Minn DNR and Dr Rogers. Dr Rogers stopped putting tracking collars on his research bears, when Minnesota DNR purposely had them tracked for killing during hunting season. After the kill, the hunters would leave the colorful tracking collars at the doorsteps of Dr Rogers's Wildlife Research Institute. A sad period. And now Minn DNR are run by different administration. Dr Rogers/staff seem to have a better relationship with them.)

Good morning Beakers!
      Morning Jaspurr, Tsk, Phyl, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Kb, Pink, Peep, Oldguy, Lori, Baz, blschue, Puff, Karen, Ezee, Weasel, Eburg, BL, Maxie, Bggolden and All!

Oldguy, thanks for links

Peep, we have Roku on all our 5 TVs at a cost of only $5.46 per month. I stream (office) all my favorite shows now, as does Aly on her tv. Roku offers me the ability to watch anything I want, at any time and most of my channels are commercial free.

Pink, so you are getting more work hours? You sound happy and busy as always. Take care.

Kb, I always wonder if people who take those videos help the animals later. Looks like the strays live under the tree branches.  :(

Clynn, great pics/captions of Sea Eaglets. LOL!  ;D ... yep, that's how we hung out the laundry.

Phyl, thanks for nature vid

Tsk, I hope Tim is feeling better today  :) ... interesting about filming of tv show in your area.

Jaspurr, thanks for update. She's sound asleep. I wonder if they will put a tracker on her? awww thanks for the Blue Penguin link  ;D

tsk34

• Who me?
        • picasa
      « Reply #11258 on: August 11, 2022, 12:47:21 PM »

OLDGUY   Pampered Maru - I'd say so..  Kind of a different sound for the Q kids

KB   NBC runs a series - I think Wed night - Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.  All are filmed here - mostly downtown?  Have no idea where.  I only watch Med.

PEEPS   We don't stream here either but my Comcast guy said Roku is a good place to start.  Think it just involves a box?  I know OLDGUY will know.  I see LANI has the experience - sounds like a good deal.

LISA   Tim said he slept well and a bit worse than yesterday but still much better than before the shots.

JASPURR    As it turned out I forgot and did go through town and nothing was closed off - Delays like always I'm sure.  It was supposed to start today.  I'll stay away...

PUFF   It was FB that I saw it - Not on the news.  Have not been on FB today.

LANI   Thanks for that summary.  We went through that very hard time with Dr Rogers.
      Chicagoland

jaspurr

« Reply #11259 on: August 11, 2022, 12:50:32 PM »

LANI, I was wondering the same thing about putting a tracker on QT.  I hope they do.  It would be interesting to see if she winds up on the coast of Chile with Tiaki.

PEEP, check out the penguin live cam I posted.  Looks like the burrow that Millie and Willie had.

TSK, it might be fun to watch.  The brother of a friend of mine was a writer for the TV series Homicide, Life on the Streets.  He took us to watch them filming in Baltimore.  It was interesting.

kbshcb

« Reply #11260 on: August 11, 2022, 01:30:51 PM »

tsk - gotcha....still fun to watch if possible like Jaspurr said. Of course living in LA I saw many film sets just living day to day. The one I most remember was the helicopter dropping someone out over the channel I lived on...Could watch off my balcony so didn't have to drive anywhere.

Lani - good point and sometimes I wonder that too....However, if they are strays they can be too hyper to intervene....I know, as we have many in my city and I watch those humans that try so hard to spay them, recover them etc. but just in the last week 2 have been hit and died on city roads..
      A never ending battle.... :(

Ollie finally met Millie and her human today....a few blocks away a black GSD/lab looking mix has captured Ollie's attention....meaning all winter long, Ollie jumps on the snowbanks to see if he can get a glimpse of her..So, today was the first human interaction...Millie is 2 and very sweet looking...and Ollie isn't too fond of most dogs but this one he is interested in......Woman and I agreed next time we will allow them to get closer, like nose to nose. They both calmed down as we humans spoke for quite awhile...

oldguy

« Reply #11261 on: August 11, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »

I dropped cable TV last Dec. - it had been free with old owners of court, but not now with new owners.  Mediacom would only sell me a complete package - TV, internet and phone for $180 per month - in order to get TV - can not afford that - I no longer have a land line, we each have a cell phone - so the phone part of the package would not be used, but they are forcing people to pay for it anyway - just a way to double the price for the TV part.  We have 2 smart TVs with wifi and built in streaming.  The 3rd TV is what I use in the same room as my computers.  I bought a Roku from a special offer thru Roku for 1/2 price as an upgrade for an old unit that I set up at the MILs - she has not used it for about 2 years.  I am not signed up for any pay services - just the free stuff - and have enough to keep my viewing needs for a long time.  It is easy to setup - I got the Express 4K - $40 value for $20.  There are a lot of optional services that you can signup for - each with their own fee and all billed thru Roku.  So, you can go with free only or go up to what ever you are willing to pay for.  It is also compatible with Alexa and phone voice services from Apple and Google.  It is also easy to run your phone or computer screens on the TV.

The one thing that you have to watch out for is that everything that you are watching on TV is now part of your internet data package - you may have to upgrade your internet package to a higher data limit.  My package is the minimum from Mediacom, and I am running at about 75-80 percent of limit each month.
      SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

PeepSpy

« Reply #11262 on: August 11, 2022, 02:13:49 PM »

Yeah. Comcast is trying to force their cell service on customers with Internet. I use Tracfone. I think I might drop the Comcast cable and phone, but get a better Tracfone. I like the service - calls and texts roll over and you never lose any minutes. $16.95 a month. The Comcast package went up to over $180. I will study the Roku and when comfortable, do it!  :D
      Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

PeepSpy

« Reply #11263 on: August 11, 2022, 02:23:40 PM »

Jasurr, the Blue Penguins are cute little guys!  :D
      Advent joy! ❤🌲🌟🐑

jaspurr

« Reply #11264 on: August 11, 2022, 03:08:40 PM »

OLDGUY, I have never heard of Roku but I am going to check it out.  I watch movies that are on you tube on my computer but the constant interruptions by commercials is really annoying.  When you watch movies on Roku are there commercials?  I really like the idea of being able to watch my computer screen on my tv screen.  Right now I just use my tv screen to watch DVD's.  I hope you won't mind answering silly questions when I start to check into this.  It would be nice to watch some of the programs that are mentioned by KB and TIG.

PEEP, The little blue reminds me of  Flo before she started getting her clown face features.   I am trying to find out if the little blue is laying on eggs.  I need to locate a chat group to get more information.