Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2022  (Read 190522 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2022
« Reply #11055 on: August 07, 2022, 06:05:48 AM »

Currently:   72F with clear skies. Forecast: high  91F with Thunder storms  and a low  of 72 .

I remember 'The Seekers".

Tsk  'got it' Sure hope you are feeling better. That pork loin roast turned out really well. So tender and tasty.

Hi Eagles/Clynn

Bazi luved  your CATuRDAY greeting

#Pray for Ukraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11056 on: August 07, 2022, 06:07:20 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam

Aug 7, 2022 6:06 AM
Camera Time: Aug 7, 2022 6:05 AM CDT
#Pray for Ukraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

kbshcb

« Reply #11057 on: August 07, 2022, 06:36:33 AM »

Morning....

This just reported:
The twin cities is 6 inches short of rain so far, even after yesterday's rainfall.
https://www.kare11.com/article/weather/drought-lingers-on-across-mn-despite-saturday-showers/89-4ad73e9a-3a4d-4d0e-a4fb-1e1b99c90497

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11058 on: August 07, 2022, 07:04:39 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING BEAKERS

PEEPS   I was wondering how they named the sloths. Lucky Luisita.   I asked at the shelter once how they named the animals that were brought in and they said each day was a different letter of the alphabet.  Monday "a"  Tuesday "b"  etc  ;D

LANI   Seekers were very popular at the time.  :(

KB    Nice looking sandhills  ;D

Look who made an appearance yesterday afternoon in the heat - Cooper drank and drank

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 12:15:30 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11059 on: August 07, 2022, 07:14:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! Good morning Phyl, kb, tsk & Lani!

Phyl, hazy morning on the flyway...  Love the Good Morning rocks, very unique!  97 high for today. Oh those sweet good night kitties! And the pale horse... ;D

Lani, so sad about Judith Durham, she was a wonderful singer...  Here is a Tribute to her from Austrailian news:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nCaT67UXbk
And the story of I'll Never Find Another You:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVo2LwkscgU.  And anothergood song of hers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxwqBJLU8A

kb, at least you got some rain!  I would love an inch of rain here.

Peeps, so are you saying Reggae will be released next week to the soft-release area which is still a part of the TRR? I am glad they are so careful about releasing!

baz, sorry to hear you are having headaches, I hope they don't ever get any worse...

Sue Bruhling posted several pictures of Decorah, I thought this one was beautiful, the Retention Pond and the Bluffs!

Trout Run

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:16:28 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #11060 on: August 07, 2022, 07:36:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

clynn - Great Decorah pics from Sue B. 

tsk - Just read back about your booster shot.  Hope you are feeling better today.   :)  Awww, your hawk was thirsty.  Pretty flowers under the birdbath.  Thanks for the recipe!

kb - Are you getting any of the rain and thunderstorms this morning that Decorah and Decorah North are getting?

Phyl - I agree with clynn, love the good morning rocks. Pretty pic from the Flyway!  Your dinner sounded yummy!!

Peep - Reggae graduating, happy and sad for him!

baz - Hope you feel better soon, too!!  Headaches are horrible.

Lani - Since Nathan couldn't make it in person, and was on there on video, they had this there for everyone to take pics beside.  Here is a pic of my Mama and Nathan.

Puff

« Reply #11061 on: August 07, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »

Lovely looking mother, Lisa  I'm sure she enjoyed the trip, the time with friends, and being part of her group.  As we know - its fun to get away .

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #11062 on: August 07, 2022, 08:15:13 AM »

Lovely looking mother, Lisa  I'm sure she enjoyed the trip, the time with friends, and being part of her group.  As we know - its fun to get away .

P

Thanks, Puff   :)

She called just a bit ago, to let me know she was checking out and heading out to stay with one of the ladies in the club.  I am to pick her up on Saturday, but told her if she wanted to come earlier to let me know and I will come get her.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11063 on: August 07, 2022, 08:47:20 AM »

I will need to do a little catching up, as I didn't get back in here last evening. 
It was a fun car show yesterday, took Star with us!  She was worn out, slept all the way home!

kbshcb

« Reply #11064 on: August 07, 2022, 08:59:44 AM »

Lisa - a drip maybe....that's what I mean when I say the storms went south of us....wish we were in on the Decorah weather.

kbshcb

« Reply #11065 on: August 07, 2022, 09:16:35 AM »

Love this....a mature George Harrison singing "While my guitar gently weeps"....with Elton John, Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr and Phil Collins...and others.

We have been watching the documentary of the Beatles recently released.

I think George's voice got much better as he aged and this video shows him at his best..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzSrShbqlz8

Lyrics are also fitting for today though this is in 1987

jaspurr

« Reply #11066 on: August 07, 2022, 11:29:28 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers,

E4E, did you go to a new car show?  Are you looking for a new car?

LISA, I can see the resemblance between you and your mom.  :). Love the highlights in her hair.
Ryan talks about the lightning strike in DC on Thursday.  Three of the four people struck died.  LISA did you know about the water spout that turned into a tornado in MD?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mse8XyimkX4

CLYNN, can you see me sitting in my camp chair between the two trees on the right in Sue's picture.  I spent many days sitting there at the ATF's.
I especially loved watching DAD circling overhead and catching fish in the retention pond.  I can still picture the juveniles squeeing and chasing after him to get a bite of the fish he just caught.  Lots of happy memories.

TSK, what a lucky shot of the Coop.  Now that he knows where he can get a cool drink, I hope he becomes a regular visitor to your birdbath.

PEEP, FLO is still in the burrow.  ;D. She looks like she has feather tufts on her head.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 12:05:27 PM by jaspurr »

PeepSpy

« Reply #11067 on: August 07, 2022, 12:20:54 PM »

Jaspurr, watchers call it the Einstein look!  ;D
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11068 on: August 07, 2022, 12:23:59 PM »

CLYNN    Beautiful pics from Sue - thanks for bringing them here.

LISA    LOLOL  How sweet is that photo of Mom and Nathan - Had she been a bit taller she could have put her arm around his shoulders  LOL  Love Mom's hair  :)

KB   George Harrison also nicer looking  LOL  He was my favorite Beatle  ;)

JASPURR    The cooper is not a stranger to our yard.  He most often sits on the backyard fence next to the feeder - However we always know he is in the area cuz there isn't a regular bird in sight or sound!!!  That was the first time we saw him on the bird bath
Chicagoland

jaspurr

« Reply #11069 on: August 07, 2022, 12:27:51 PM »

PEEP, perfect  ;D

LOL, TSK.  I could tell when a Coop or Sharpie was around when all the birds would hit the ground.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 12:30:44 PM by jaspurr »