Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers  (Read 7323 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers
« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2022, 09:42:14 PM »

Hi  :)

LB, Sorry to hear about your friend and the Bristol Myers Squibb job. You've got a lot of pokers in the fire, as the saying goes, and one of them is going to pay off.

jicaji
, Sounds like you've mastered the air fryer. Sounds delicious! Good news about your dental appointment too! Double wins.

Tig, There's always yard work to do for sure. Your stool was dusty but glad you brushed dust off.

Update on lantern flies. They're worse. Today when I reached up to cut down a long grape fine stem growing into butterfly bush when it was falling down towards me it turned over, was full of lantern flies on the leaves and fell on me. Yuck! They landed on me. While trimming my rose bushes they are on them too .. both nymphs and adults.

My two oldest granddaughter's and I had fun together yesterday. I'll be going away for the day again tomorrow. Sunday is holiday cookout with family. I'll be back here soon.

Wishing you each a pleasant weekend. Take care.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #316 on: Yesterday at 07:14:45 AM »

Good Morning Have fun Paulie  Jacaji enjoy the air fryer I need to use it more for sure  I didnt get the IFF job either. 2 more to hear from and 2 more potential interviews .  I also applied to a couple more jobs one being another competitor.  They are always higher so I wonder about that.  Why the hi turn around   I looked them up and I dont think the salary is better than what I am making but the review may be old.  We'll see if they call  Now here goes the self esteem with al the turn downs. I just wish something good happens to me.  finger crossed
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

jicaji

« Reply #317 on: Yesterday at 08:21:16 AM »

#2 for sure.  When I was a young child, it was my Nana's voice...Now it's my BFF of 60+ years.  When I hear her voice on the phone, I automatically feel better.

LB...Sorry about IFF....Just wasn't for you.  Something better is right around the corner.  I KNOW.  I also know how it feels to be turned down from an interview.  BUT, keep in mind,  it's their loss and hold your head high.  When we moved from Long Island to here, I went on a whole bunch of interviews...Some never even bothered to call me back to let me know they didn't want me...Then, my first couple of years here I actually went through and left 5 jobs in the first year and a half until I found the job I liked and stayed for 10+ years until I retired.   Oh well....  ONWARD to better things for you.  Keep the faith.

Paulie....Have fun this weekend. 

BTW, I followed a recipe for doughnuts in the Air Fryer.  I neglected to read the part of the recipe that said use FLAKED buttermilk biscuits.  Big mistake, I bought the regular and they came out like frisbees.  BUT, I ate a couple anyway....cinnamon and sugar sprinkled over them can even make frisbees taste good LOL.  Breaded chicken cutlets tonight....We'll see....

Have a good one.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #318 on: Today at 06:48:26 AM »

Good Morning.  Another muggy day they said not as muggy but so far it is!! :(  Hope  everyone is enjoying their weekend
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)