June 2, 2021
Cane Ridge Bluebird Report
Cane Ridge, Tennessee

All photos enlarge with a click.

A rain soaked dad today

Our CR-HHO36 bluebird juvie on the mealworm feeder

Taken this past weekend

Phyl:
Jim reports a new nest is full with four (4) blue eggs. He took a photo but didn't come out well. Will retake.
You recall we had 5 eggs just this last nest. With the 5th not viable. And, that while four fledged only two returned from 'flight school' and 'survival training'. But, since I never actually saw them fledge, which I usually do see. And, in view that Jim no longer uses the pad lock on the nesting boxes. I'm wondering if someone reached in and took two for some perverted reason. 
Because of t his, I can't actually be sure #35 and 36 are who I think they are. They could be #37 and 38; 35 and 37; 36 and 38 ;38 and 35 or 36 and 37. 
Alas, i'm not gonna fret over it.

June 8, 2021
Bluebird Report, Cane Ridge-Old Hickory Hills, Tennessee

Late getting this out.

But, as usual, we have a second clutch of eggs. As you can see, we have five lovely blue eggs that promise to
bring us CR #'s 39, 40, 41, 42 and 43. We can only hope all five will survive. We estimate the first egg to hatch about
the 12th or 13th and then, hopefully,  one each day there after.
Sure wish Jim would put the pad lock back on the nesting box.

And, a photo update on the two surviving hatchlings from our  May clutch. CR #35 and 36.
Our two 2021 teenagers are self-feeding the meal worms (dried) from the windowed feeder box. And on rare occasion, visiting the squirrel feeder housing the shelled  peanut halves. They fly off with them or even more rare, take them to the deck rail and bust them up.  I think this is more  a copycat thing with the teenage Mockingbirds when, that pair raid the feeder. LOL
Look very closely and see the famous blue spreading up the tail and back. Their breasts are still white and when that turns to the reddish orange, the vividness of that and the wing blue  will tell us the gender. I hoping for a female at least.

Phyl:
June 16, 2021
Cane Ridge-Old Hickory Hills Bluebird Repot
2021 nesting  Season
Taken 6-14-21 after Jim mowed

Second clutch likely hatched about 3 days ago. 
Looks like all five!
So, welcome to the world CR-OHH  39, 40, 41, 42 and 43!

Phyl:
June 25, 2021

Cane Ridge Bluebird Report, Cane Ridge, Tennessee
From Monday, June 21, 2021

Our second nest of this.Bluebird season And,  looks like all five cramed in the box.
CR-OHH #39-43 are looking good with their pin feathers.

Better view of Cane Ridge #39, 40, 41, 42 and 43.

Luv our Tennessee Western Bluebirds  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Fledging won't be too far off.

July 5, 2021

Bluebird Report, Cane Ridge, Tennessee
7-5-21
Morning
 I was tidying up the kitchen after breakfast and looked up from  cleaning the table to see our 2021 female perched on the deck rail looking at me. My iphone was charging on the counter.
By the time I retrived it and gently slid the door open, her attention was focused on the ribbon elms near the overflow.  Some times it's take what you can get with wildlife.
Our male arrived after his sister left  and was looking back at me as I stood there poised for another shot. A knock on the front door so  I left to anwser. Gone just a moment though, too long. 
And, he had moved to the 2nd nesting box.
These are the only two of the 4 fledglings that returned from the forsest and 'flight/survival' training. They have come 'home'  probably for a 'visit'.
Mom and Dad are 'acting' like they may want to go for third clutch. Not unusual but not that common either.
At any rate, the nesting box is all clean and sanitary if they so choose.

Click on each  photo to enlarge.

Juvenile female, first clutch of 2021 nesting season.

Juvenile male, first clutch of 2021 nesting season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version