BirdCam Forum > Other Bird Cams and Information

Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee

<< < (25/47) > >>

Linda M:
Wow; that's awesome! Thank you for the photo; I hope they all do well.

Phyl:
Apologies...again I am late posting
...this was taken about 10days ago...making the date about 4-23-22

CR 48, 49, 50, 51 .
Looks like pin feathers are present. They are about 9 days old in this photo.

Phyl:
Okay...getting caught up. And, this one wasn't easy to get.
Today was nice and the BBs were out.

We have, here, Mom and CR 48 and 50.
Theses four fledglings mark the end of the nesting season .
I'm not gonna try to catch the BBs doing  much or such  this brood is too difficult to photograph. Besides,   it won't be long until two weeks in the forest for "flight training/school.' Then these guys and gals will be on their own.

Not at all  sure if Mom and Dad will shoot for another nest here. Eveything is topsy-turvy with the construction going on  a few 'blocks' away.
Been feeling most fortunate to have this considering.
It's late ...

Phyl:
I'm not sure if I'll keep up with the BBs for a second time this season.
They were a handful in March when I posted here.
We've had some activity here the past two weeks.

You might recall that I memtioned earlier that we had new BBs in town. This second pair is pretty new at the nesting 'thing'.

My husnand has been in the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure and is home trying to recover and much has fallen upon me.  I managed to inch my way down the hill to box #1 and unlocked it. Just a few twings and som string. Not at all sure what the new 'Dad' has in mind. But the new "Mom' seems content to let him run the show.

We shall see if can nab a few pics.

Linda M:
I'm sorry to learn that your husband has not been well; glad he's home now and sending best hopes and prayers for a good recovery. 

The BB's are so adorable; I'm glad you have successful nests and get a photo when you can.  Take care, and hugs to Maggie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version