BirdCam Forum > Other Bird Cams and Information

Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee

<< < (3/47) > >>

Phyl:
July 12, 2021
Bluebird Report, Cane Ridge, Tennessee

Blue birds 2nd clutch of 2021 nesting season.
Pictures were taken late last week.

CR_OHH 44, 46 in foreground, 45 in middle and CR#47 far left.
Cr#48 is off somewhere?

CR-OHH 44 thru 47 (not in that order) with CR_OHH 48 on seed feeder pole in background.

CR-OHH44 in the middle with #s 45, 46, 47 surround. CR-OHH48 is missing. I've deemed this one
as camera shy.

Phyl:
July 5, 2021

7-5-21
Morning
 I was tidying up the kitchen after breakfast and looked up from  cleaning the table to see our 2021 female perched on the deck rail looking at me. My iphone was charging on the counter.
By the time I retrived it and gently slid the door open, her attention was focused on the ribbon elms near the overflow.  Some times it's take what you can get with wildlife.
Our male arrived after his sister left  and was looking back at me as I stood there poised for another shot. A knock on the front door so  I left to anwser. Gone just a moment though, too long. 
And, he had moved to the 2nd nesting box.
These are the only two of the 4 fledglings that returned from the forsest and 'flight/survival' training. They have come 'home'  probably for a 'visit'.
Mom and Dad are 'acting' like they may want to go for third clutch. Not unusual but not that common either.
At any rate, the nesting box is all clean and sanitary if they so choose.

Click on each  photo to enlarge.

Juvenile female, first clutch of 2021 nesting season.

Juvenile male, first clutch of 2021 nesting season.

Phyl:

This is CR-OHH 48, at left, hiding behind the deck newel post.  :-*

Dad at far left with CR-OHH 48 (beak open) and #47 behind newel post profile barely visable.

CR-OHH48 on it's own after Dad and siblings flew off. Dad circled back and is perched on feeder pole background, right.

Phyl:
Part 2

The following photos were taken late last week as well.

CR-OHH 45 all on it's own. Still not sure the gender. Will have to wait for the breast to turn.

Big news!
A third clutch is now in the works ...
7-12-21
Photo  taken this afternoon about 4pm.

This tiny egglet is named CR-OHH49.
So, Mom was off feeding and taking a break
We think this one must have been laid within the last 24 to 48 hours.
These cheery birds usualy lay one egg daily untill all fertilized eggs are in the nest.

So far for the  2021  season, this  bluebird pair have produced  10 hatchling and  nine (9)  surviving.
Remains to be seen how many this clutch will add to the BB population this Spring-Summer.

And...here we go, again!  ;)

Phyl:
Okay. I think these are all  in timely order.
I have another photo, taken this morning by Jim of the nest inside the nesting box to post.
Will get to that soon.
Bear in mind the photo was taken 7-15-21.
A nice surprize awaits. No the egglet didn't magically hatch a proper bluebird chick.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version