Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Great Spirit Bluff falcons, Mississippi River 2021  (Read 23137 times)

STLbf

Re: Great Spirit Bluff falcons, Mississippi River 2021
« Reply #585 on: September 19, 2021, 12:00:28 PM »

Sunday morning pics at GSB

STLbf

« Reply #586 on: September 20, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »

Monday noon -- Zooey having a red-winged blackbird male for lunch.  She's perched on a narrow dead limb, defeathering.  See rewind or live.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #587 on: September 20, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »

Nice to see Zooey stl, thanks for posting! the darn owl was back again... 3 nights now??? wondering why the barking dogs is not being used or maybe they are???  I am happy Zooey is ok, and I think she is not too familiar with the owls.  I am grateful that the owls did not bother the nest this season.  Thank you RRP for helping with that.  ;) thank you for all of the wonderful updates & pics everyone.  I check on this cam everyday. :) take care.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #588 on: September 20, 2021, 01:04:25 PM »

The nestbox cam is off - was the barking dogs shut off too?
Love TRUTH even if you dont like it
https://gab.com/Shepherd

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #589 on: September 20, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »

Nice to see Zooey stl, thanks for posting! the darn owl was back again... 3 nights now??? wondering why the barking dogs is not being used or maybe they are???  I am happy Zooey is ok, and I think she is not too familiar with the owls.  I am grateful that the owls did not bother the nest this season.  Thank you RRP for helping with that.  ;) thank you for all of the wonderful updates & pics everyone.  I check on this cam everyday. :) take care.

I always assumed that the barking dogs audio was only played during the time Zooey and Newman were still on migration. When they are at GSB I don't know where they roost at night, but wouldn't it be risky to play the audio in case it scared them off?

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #590 on: September 20, 2021, 02:57:00 PM »

I always assumed that the barking dogs audio was only played during the time Zooey and Newman were still on migration. When they are at GSB I don't know where they roost at night, but wouldn't it be risky to play the audio in case it scared them off?

I'll see if I can find out... the owls do like it there in the winter but do not want them to get comfortable.  It looks like a young one too. ?  I will find out from John or Amy when they aren't so busy  ;D  thanks Ginger!!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #591 on: September 21, 2021, 08:27:47 AM »

I'll see if I can find out... the owls do like it there in the winter but do not want them to get comfortable.  It looks like a young one too. ?  I will find out from John or Amy when they aren't so busy  ;D  thanks Ginger!!!

Thanks, Lori.  I'll be interested to hear what RRP has to say about it.

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #592 on: September 23, 2021, 07:40:30 AM »

HAPPY FALL

STLbf

« Reply #593 on: September 23, 2021, 11:50:47 AM »

Fall has arrived at GSB. ;)

STLbf

« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »

Early morning, favorite perch.

STLbf

« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2021, 04:50:05 PM »

Oh boy, huge riverboat passing by the GSB bluff and into the locks.  Very cool.  Wave everybody!

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #596 on: September 26, 2021, 06:28:47 AM »

That riverboat was the American Melody
We see her on cam periodicly. 

This juvie is surrounded by blackbirds on the flyway cam   ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 10:07:07 AM by shep »

STLbf

« Reply #597 on: September 26, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »

Shep, thanks for the riverboat ID!  Love the pic of the eagle with little birds surrounding.

STLbf

« Reply #598 on: September 28, 2021, 12:35:37 PM »

Newman and Zooey had a back and forth flurry early this morning, from a favorite dead limb to the nest box. Might have been a moment when both were on the limb (no pic).  Zooey has the rosy cheeks!

STLbf

« Reply #599 on: September 29, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »

Peregrines perched in a tree along the bluff, for an hour or so early this morning.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45   Go Up