Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MN Nongame Wildlife Eagle Cam  (Read 98843 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: MN Nongame Wildlife Eagle Cam
« Reply #1395 on: September 28, 2022, 06:34:29 PM »

Love the cal. pic, SSRL

From the DNR...

September 28, 2022
This fall marks ten years since the Nongame Wildlife Program EagleCam was installed. On December 28, 2012, Xcel Energy, Floyd Security and DNR Nongame staff gathered at the nest to secure the first EagleCam to the tree. We had no idea what would show up in the nest 10 days later! Three eggs that first year and so many eggs and chicks since then.

We are 50 days away from November 17, aka Give to the Max Day, aka the tenth time we have turned the EagleCam on for the season. We have an eggciting EagleCam season planned this year for the anniversary, so be sure to stay tuned!

In addition, we have a new opportunity for you to stay informed about the Nongame Wildlife Program and what we are up to all year long. If you are interested in all things wild, finding out what our staff is busy with and learning how your donations are used, sign up for our new Nongame newsletter Let's Get Wild!

We want to thank you for your continued support of the Nongame Wildlife Program. We rely on your contributions and we just couldn't do this important work without your support.  YOU make The Nongame Wildlife Program and we thank you!

The current eagle pair. A new male (left) has appeared on the nest!

Visit the DNR EagleCam: mndnr.gov/eaglecam

Minnesota Nongame Wildlife Program
DNR’s Nongame Wildlife Program helps preserve and protect thousands of Minnesota wildlife species, some of them threatened or endangered.  The program is supported almost entirely through voluntary donations, either directly or by designating an amount to donate on your Minnesota individual income tax form (look for the loon). Donations help us restore habitats, conduct crucial surveys and monitoring, engage in outreach and education (like our Eagle and Falcon cams), and complete other important projects.  Visit mndnr.gov/nongame to learn more.

Here are the pics that were on the DNR newsletter. Wouldn't let me copy them with the newsletter ;)
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

ssrl

« Reply #1396 on: September 29, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »

Thanks for posting the update MpMom.  Hopefully these two will have success this year!! :)

ssrl

« Reply #1397 on: October 01, 2022, 11:14:20 AM »

Here is the October picture from the Friends of MN Nongame Eagle Cam calendar.  I think it's Mom last year  :D

ssrl

« Reply #1398 on: October 01, 2022, 11:17:41 AM »

And I just received my 2023 calendar put together by Thomas Demma and Bonnie Johnson.  The cover has a picture of "Harry"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 11:20:44 AM by ssrl »

ssrl

« Reply #1399 on: October 01, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »

These are Bonnie and Thomas's business cards to give them credit!! Also some pictures from Bonnie, she says Mom was always trying to avoid the camera  ;)

MpMom

« Reply #1400 on: October 02, 2022, 10:38:39 AM »

Totally awesome photos SSRL ;D 8)

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

ssrl

« Reply #1401 on: October 02, 2022, 12:07:25 PM »

Thanks MpMom, I thought so too!  Thomas and Bonnie are good photographers  8)

MpMom

« Reply #1402 on: November 15, 2022, 05:51:24 PM »

From the DNR...
Season Ten of EagleCam NestFlix Begins
New Male perching 11-14-2022
The new male keeping watch

November 15, 2022
Happy Tenth Anniversary, EagleCam Fans!
Attention all EagleCam fans--Thursday is a big day! The DNR EagleCam goes live to begin its tenth anniversary season, and it’s Give to the Max Day.

The female in the EagleCam nest has accepted a new mate into her territory. This is only the second female to inhabit the nest and she took possession in the spring of 2019. She replaced the pioneering female who had been the resident female for at least ten years. 

The DNR takes the opportunity each year on Give to the Max Day to highlight the Minnesota Nongame Wildlife Program and turn the EagleCam back on.  Government agencies are unable to participate in the official Give to the Max campaign. But that doesn’t mean donations aren’t needed! Much of the Nongame Wildlife Program’s work is funded by donations received online and on state tax forms. Donations are double-matched by the Reinvest in Minnesota fund, so every $10 you donate becomes $30 for Minnesota’s wildlife and natural areas! Donations are used to conduct wildlife research and management, run the EagleCam and so much more. For more information, please visit mndnr.gov/donate.

The DNR appreciates your continued support of the Nongame Wildlife Program. The program relies on your contributions and this important work couldn’t be done without your support. Thank you!

From a sign in Missouri.

kbshcb

« Reply #1403 on: November 17, 2022, 01:22:49 PM »

Nice to see you here again, MpMom!....

I just saw myself the cam is on again......yah!..
Still sad about the original Mom and Dad ( the best imho) She was banded and released from the UofM Raptor center before mating with Dad...as we watched them what feels like forevah!...but, I'm now accustomed to this pair....for now, hahah.... hoping it's a good year.

MpMom

« Reply #1404 on: November 18, 2022, 06:54:09 AM »

Hi KB!!! I know, I miss our 1st pair too!!
I also hope for a good season with no drama.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 01:05:38 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #1405 on: November 21, 2022, 07:02:39 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:25:11 AM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #1406 on: November 21, 2022, 09:02:38 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:32:40 AM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #1407 on: November 24, 2022, 08:07:02 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 02:44:42 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #1408 on: November 27, 2022, 06:44:57 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 04:11:53 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #1409 on: November 28, 2022, 04:55:10 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 06:41:59 AM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.