Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2021  (Read 87801 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2021
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2021, 01:40:00 PM »

Hi.....I saw an Easter Blue Bird at my feeder this morning.  Looked it up in my bird book and it said it is uncommon around here.  A gift from Nature.

Love watching my birds.  Helps me keep my mind off all the "stuff" (for lack of a better word) going on in this country.
Hi jicaji, That's awesome! Eastern Bluebirds right? They are a beautiful bird, especially the males that are a more brilliant blue. Like Cardinal males. Geesh the guy birds always have the prettier colors, right? Lol

I hope he or she stay around for you! What type of seed do you have in your feeder? Mealworms will definitely keep them interested.
Berry suet too.

I've had Bluebirds coming to my feeders for a few years now. Like yours they just showed up one winter. I now hang two enclosed BB feeders with mealworms in them on my deck railing. Strange thing is my BB's leave in the late spring then return late fall early winter. I thought it would be the opposite but they've done this for about four years now.

I did put up a BB house once and a male BB was interested and began a nest but the Sparrows kept chasing him away so he stopped his attempts. I did some reading and Sparrows will enter a BB nest and kill them (was a nasty description) and BB babies too so I took the box down. Bummer. Darned Sparrows!!

I hear you about the "stuff"!! Agreed. Very sad and upsetting.

Enjoy your Bluebird.  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2021, 05:34:41 PM »

I just remembered I forgot to mention earlier hubby got his first vaccine shot yesterday morning. VA contacted him about two weeks ago. He received the vaccine by Mederna. He had to wait 15 minutes before leaving to ensure no reaction then he left. His second one is scheduled for February. I wish they were giving to spouses too but he got his due to underlying health conditions of congestive heart failure and diabetes. The  local VA here is on the ball!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2021, 05:49:37 PM »

Hi!!! Thank you old guy on lists. Awesome on the BB jacaji.  Not a badday at work. Slowly getting up at work.  Computer is up and down.  We still have no plan on how to handle all the back log.  JUst tarted taking care of the orders for the customers who cried  the loudest. SO far we are going to stay on a split shift.  every other day for now.  I also received an email from HR that we are in the !B group for getting vaccines so we are next on the lisy after 1A.   I am still on the fence in getting it but I got the link to register for vaccine so I will so I am on list
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

jicaji

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »

#3....always thinking I didn't say enough, do enough, care enough, etc. etc.

Have a good night all.  Sweet dreams.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

BrokenLug

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2021, 01:08:21 AM »

paulie, we are so glad our elders have been given the 1 st dose of the vaccine too.

Both already have had covid-19 and survived it.

Absolutely no ill side affects for either 80 + years olds happy to report.

Pips dad said the Yearly Flu shot was more of a bitch.

Sign us up please. Plenty of doses available. Our younger arms want one here in NJ too.

Skip those and F__ those that don't want it. 

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:49:25 AM by BrokenLug »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2021, 06:46:49 AM »

Good Morning.... I registered for vaccine.  I will get email when it's time to get my shot.  I think it will be a while though 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2021, 05:35:41 PM »

Hi!!! Thank you old guy on lists. Awesome on the BB jacaji.  Not a badday at work. Slowly getting up at work.  Computer is up and down.  We still have no plan on how to handle all the back log.  JUst tarted taking care of the orders for the customers who cried  the loudest. SO far we are going to stay on a split shift.  every other day for now.  I also received an email from HR that we are in the !B group for getting vaccines so we are next on the lisy after 1A.   I am still on the fence in getting it but I got the link to register for vaccine so I will so I am on list
Hi LB, Good to hear work will stay split shift for now and is coming along even is slow. It's better than nothing, right? Interesting about the order of taking care of customers. Why not I guess if others are content in waiting. Good idea you're getting on the vaccine list while you decide what you want to do.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2021, 05:38:41 PM »

#3....always thinking I didn't say enough, do enough, care enough, etc. etc.

Have a good night all.  Sweet dreams.
Hi jicaji, After reading your comment about #3 I thought about/wondered if you're a worrier.  ;) I know we both are.  :)

Has your Bluebird stayed around? Hope so. Enjoy the beauty and relaxation.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2021, 05:50:39 PM »

paulie, we are so glad our elders have been given the 1 st dose of the vaccine too.

Both already have had covid-19 and survived it.

Absolutely no ill side affects for either 80 + years olds happy to report.

Pips dad said the Yearly Flu shot was more of a bitch.

Sign us up please. Plenty of doses available. Our younger arms want one here in NJ too.

Skip those and F__ those that don't want it. 

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination
Hi BrokenLug, Hey are you calling me an elder too? Lol Only kidding. I knew what you meant.

Wow! Oh my gosh both 80+ and both had Covid. Very very good news both survived it AND have received the vaccine too with no side effects. A thumbs up for them both.

I literally did lol at Pip's dad's comment. He sounds like a tough great guy. Good for him!

Thanks for the link tracker. Very interesting.

Good to hear you and Pip intend to receive the vaccine. Here's hoping you don't have to wait too long.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2021, 05:57:52 PM »

Busy day for me and hubby today and my area in PA actually had a full day of sunshine! Was great too and much needed. It's great how sunshine can lift one's mood and kick start the day.

I watched the Bill's football game today. Holy what a good and exciting game! One of my son's has been a Bill's fan since he was growing up. Last time Bill's won big he was 11 years old in 1995. Needless to say he was very happy.  ;D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2021, 06:17:28 PM »

Oops I forgot to say earlier .. was cool .. an adult BE flew over the house today. It was so bright and pretty on a sunny day. Two have flown over from time to time in the past but whenever they do it's so exciting and awesome. Well that's my news for the day.  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2021, 06:21:49 PM »

Good Morning.... I registered for vaccine.  I will get email when it's time to get my shot.  I think it will be a while though
LB, I also just remembered I forgot to comment on your morning post. Geesh Paulie!  ::)  Good about your registering and I think too it will be a while. Same for me too I think.

#1 definitely

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2021, 08:45:28 AM »

Good Chilly morning!!!

ssrl

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2021, 11:13:50 AM »

Good Chilly morning!!!
Hi LB, Sounds Brrrr there this morning. Did you go for a walk? I say yes.  :)

#2 .. then #3