Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 361410 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #16425 on: November 25, 2021, 03:26:05 PM »

Everything ready for the oven, since 2:30pm.
I made turkey medallions from a large  breast with skin after baking cut inti 2.5" circular pieces will bake in sauce of self gravy and sour cream for a bit. And serve over dressing. Sides: whole cranberry sauce with a few tbs of orange juice; potaotes au gratin (Jim's fave) the infamous green bean casserole and garden salad. White wine w/water chaser and Southern Pecan pie and topped w/Redi Whip, of course!

Since it's just us, I use old Marie Callendar pie pans lined with Reynold's heavy duty aluminimun wrap hand pressed to fit the pans, spray w/ Pam. When the day's over I peel out the foil and toss. The pie pans go back in the pan drawer for more uses. They are purrfect for our needs.

How sweet of M15 to bring Harriet a Turkey Day fish.

ssrl nice to 'see' you today.
Tsl/KarenDiug out an old afgan Mom made eons ago and corvered him when he turned in to keep his upper half warm.   Jimmy got up about 11-ish after I brought him a hot cup of coffee, in bed. Showered and etc. etc. We had cereal, coffee and eggs over corned beef hash and cinna mon  raisin bread, buttered. I hear him talking so I expect the kids have started calling...specifically Paul/Heather.  :-*  I hope afterwards he changes in to his sweats . Mary, his PA  has a Rx for Potassium CL 20 meq ER tabs (90) for his heart to help regulate, ready for p/u at Walgreen's. He plans to veg all day. But, we need him to go back to work. Says he feels some better... So he'll go in 7am and off 2:30pm. He'll get his RX and head home to shower and veg.
Lani that is the most adorable ground hog I've seen in a R'coon's age.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:28:49 PM by Phyl »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

kbshcb

« Reply #16426 on: November 25, 2021, 03:51:35 PM »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #16427 on: November 25, 2021, 06:06:24 PM »

KAREN   Had the game on in the kitchen as I was cooking - but missed the winning play when Tim's son et al came 1 hour early  Yikes - Hadn't even combed my hair or put on lipstick  LOL  All are gone now and I'm exhausted.  Whether you cook for 3 or 6 it is still the same amount of prep.

PHYL  Your medallions sound really good.  Hope Jim doesn't push it at work tomorrow.

KB  Humorous story about the turkeys

Night all
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #16428 on: November 25, 2021, 06:22:38 PM »

Tsk early guests...Oh no!  True on the meal prep time
Karen glad the game went your teams way

Good Night ...
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

Edwin Way Teale

PeepSpy

« Reply #16429 on: November 25, 2021, 07:13:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463281436513865735

This New Hampshire turkey takes safety seriously,
stops traffic so others can cross safely

Happy Day....
LOLOL!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:15:29 PM by PeepSpy »
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #16430 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:42 PM »

Good night and sweet eagle dreams dear Beakers!
Tomorrow is a new beginning!
  :-*

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers Family, and Friends, Prayers for those who are sick and in need of healing. Keep my friends and family safe. Peace be with you tonight and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, RubyRed246, Ezee, Oldguy, Karen, Lindy, Lori, Baz, ssrl, Firetruck, Jilltosa, Pink, Jaspurr, Tsk, Eagles4, Lisa, Maxie, Masswatch, Blschue, DeborahG, Paulie, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Marrymo, Puff, Smb, Naimoj, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Oldguy and family, Karen, Eagle's Kris and son, Lisa's family, Peep's friend's family, Pink's Cowen and Kenzie, Lori's grandma Helen, Tsk's BIL, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Baz great niece,  Tsk's friend, Tig and Camper, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Mrs. Oldguy, Pink's Morgan, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Kris, Blschue and Bill, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For our service dogs in Afghanistan, Maggie, For Little One and all those like her, Iris, Jojo, Eagles's Star, Tiaki, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom, Dewey, GSB Michelle, Juliet and Romeo, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #16431 on: November 26, 2021, 06:08:19 AM »

Good Morning...

Currently:  29F and cloudy.   Forecast:  H  43F and sunny with a  L 26F  and clear skies.

Time to pack away all the  Fall and Thanksgiving decorations. And decide which of the Christmas decorations to put out on front porch and which
to put up indoors.
However... I'm in no rush to get a new set of decor up. Think I'll take a few  days  'off'   without holiday/seasonal 'stuff' .

Jim up and eating breakfast will leave about 6:30 AM. Hoping and praying my guy has a good day and recieve good news from Mary and radiology.

Edwin Way Teale

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #16432 on: November 26, 2021, 06:14:04 AM »

Morning folks!!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #16433 on: November 26, 2021, 06:19:27 AM »

Good morning dear friends!!!  Didn't get this posted yesterday... I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving... today is shopping day! Big hugs and prayers for all of you!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

PeepSpy

« Reply #16434 on: November 26, 2021, 06:22:36 AM »

Good morning!

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :D

No stores for me today.  :P
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #16435 on: November 26, 2021, 06:28:08 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

Hope everyone had a safe and bountiful Thanksgiving yesterday  :)

PHYL  Waking up to 19 degrees.  Next week we gradually warm up and by the end of the week - high 50's! to begin Dec.  :o
(((JIM)))

LORI   Like the Proust saying  :D.  No stores for me today  lOL

Dishwasher emptied.  This is make turkey soup day  ;D ;D  Few things to set up at church for our big Advent giving project which starts this weekend. Taking a friend later today for an MRI.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #16436 on: November 26, 2021, 07:05:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning Lori, Phyl, Peeps, tsk, lilbro & Lani!

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at 4:00 yesterday when the kid came over, ate too much and, as usual, sent pie home with them!

tsk, very cold yesterday, high 30. 21 here right now but will get to 45 with some sun! Yay! 55 for Saturday, 58 for Monday!  No stores for me today either,
can't handle that anymore. I remember the days of waiting in line at 4:30 AM...long ago. I will shop online, have some Kohl's cash to spend! I know what you mean
about early guests, and since then I never wait to put on a bit of makeup and make sure I don't have bedhead again!

Lori, ooh that cinnamon bread looks so good! Ordering yarn online... ;D Did Destini get any turkey bits yesterday?

Peeps, ditto on the stores!

Phyl, hope Jim has an easy day at work, grocery stores don't get swamped like retail stores on this day, thank goodness!

Lani, hope you and Mike and the girls had a wonderful day yesterday! I am sure Dewey and Sadie did!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #16437 on: November 26, 2021, 07:30:33 AM »

kbshcb

« Reply #16438 on: November 26, 2021, 07:33:40 AM »

Interesting: I got a new prompt to post my above picture: a box, so pasted in it, but then couldn't write anything in addition....so here I am!

Very cold morning although getting a little warmer than yesterday which had bright sun but didn't make it out of the 20's....Had some great conversations yesterday with friends/relatives who live all over the country. We all promised to do it more often than on holidays.....right, LOL... ;) ;)

Heading out with Ollie when a titch warmer than currently.

Above pic should have caption: "Stop it"

LisaG1967

« Reply #16439 on: November 26, 2021, 08:14:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!!!

Morning lilbro  :)

kb - Love your morning pic.  Have a good walk with Ollie!

clynn - Cute pics of the munchkins and lol, on the shout out to elastic!! 

tsk - Mmm, turkey soup!  How nice of you to take friend for an MRI today.  Yes, I am a disposable pan person for the holidays.  I cooked all my sides before we left the house, and I have some insulated bags that I kept them in.  I took the sides out and popped them back in the oven to warm after SIL took the turkey and ham out of the oven. 

Peep - No stores for me either, gonna do all my shopping online.   :D

Lori - Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!  Morning goodies look delish!  Is that cinnamon swirl bread???  YUM!!!

Phyl - Your lil figurine pic from last night....is that a Jim Shore?  I have alot of his figures, and that sure looks like one of his.  I am gonna be putting away the rest of my Thanksgiving/Fall decorations today, and getting out more Christmas, too.  Fingers crossed that Jim hears something today.

Lani - I felt like that panda when I got home last night.