Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 646588 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #14085 on: October 15, 2021, 01:49:16 PM »

clynn - Lani's critter is so adorable!

Phyl and Peep - I sure will let you know how they go. 

kb - You have been busy!

kbshcb

« Reply #14086 on: October 15, 2021, 02:16:19 PM »

Good, painting is postponed until Monday..only 53 here with strong wind and Andrew needs to get high on a ladder....Monday is the day now with 72 for a high and no wind.

Works for me and him..now off to grill before the potential rain and cold get worse.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #14087 on: October 15, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »

LANI, I think you missed KB's question on what that cross-eyed creature is.

Jaspurr, I just got online to read the new posts  :)

Kb, yesterday, Phyl wrote it was a "quokka". The quokka, also known as the short-tailed scrub wallaby. Darling critter  ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quokka

Clynn, Thanks  ;)

{{{Hugs Lisa}}}

Hi Phyl  :)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #14088 on: October 15, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »

Happy Friday Beakers

I have to work this whole weekend,  but its good!
It's chilly and Grey this morning,  will get sunny later.. Will be 63.. We will try to ride Saturday for our Fall foliage ride after I get off at 2.. we will see..

TSK Yes, I always hope it's the last mow..lol
BAZI CUTE pics of lil and tiny punkins, he is getting big and a sweetheart! She is finally getting some sweet hair, awww :) Sounds like her appt went well!
E4E Our weather sounds the same right now.. Yes It was Kenzie's birthday yesterday,  Mom stayed home and they went out to her fave restaurant and they celebrated,
the four of them  :) Her before pic is below posted from My Meg  :)
TIG GLAD for Camp :)
LANI Tiaki is really traveling! Sweet girl  :)  Oooh you lit your fireplace,  how cozy  :) Yes, I am still not very familiar  with the Norths looks, so wasn't aure..Intruder was beautiful.. loved the Cat last night..
LISA No Pepe' yay!!
T40 Aww
KB Ah Painting daunting! Hope all goes well :)

How 6 years have already gone by still surprises me
You are crazy, kind, creative, loving, high energied, intelligent, bossy, spirited, loud, and my favorite little girl ❤❤ Everything about you is unique and I wouldn't change a thing! Mommy, Daddy, and Bubs love you soo much sweet girl 😘 I cant wait to see what age 6 brings to you in this world! 

Pink, what a great pic of happy birthday girl, Kenzie!  Love her big smile, pretty outfit, too!  :D  Did LilBro's Penny send Kenzie those great boots for her birthday??   ;) :D  By the way, I haven't heard anything yet about my littlest greatniece's appointment... I had noted in my earlier post though about her progress from a previous appointment.  I hope they got encouraging news from her clinic docs this week, and I hope I hear something from them about that over the weekend.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #14089 on: October 15, 2021, 03:05:05 PM »

Lisa quokka...Kinda makes ya want one of your own.  :)   Well me anyway.
KB's always busy. Get's so much accomplished
Baz tks for 'update' on Lil Punkin...talons crossed for another good report.

artdecoandartnouveau: “Paul Iribe (1883 - 1935) Paris, circa 1912 Built in mahogany and tulip interior light mahogany, top slate cladding green tinted green, ebony buttons, ebony base and carved...
#IStandWithUkraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

baziunc

« Reply #14090 on: October 15, 2021, 03:19:26 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447974467653734400
When marine biologist Roger Hanlon caught this creature on camera, he said he screamed bloody murder. And no wonder. A superb visualization of how chromatophores allow an octopus to blend in with the backdrops [source, read more: https://buff.ly/30m3fL9]

lilbro - am trying to orient myself after watching that storm....sounds like a sharp cutoff of snow just to your east?..am I right?....
When will it melt now?....still get warmer temps for that to happen or is it there to stay?

Morning all....a painting day for me.

Yeah KB, we're not at the point where it will stay. Itll be gone in a week. After our drought this summer, not getting much runoff, the ol prairie is schlurping it up..

LilBro, your snow will help the drought there at least a little... hope you get more moisture.  So many places are having awful drought conditions.  Help me get un-confused, please... LOL... You have said before which sate you and Jani are in, but I must not remember for sure, because I am so confused after reading the posts you and BL had the last few days... LOL... You and BL mentioned a few states, and someone mentioned Montana to you in a post the last few days, too, but I can't remember you saying anything about living in Montana.  Which state are you and Jani in?  Are most all your worksites that you go to regularly in the same state?  Maybe you live near a border with another state and you live in one, and work in another? Not that it's important - just glad you're here and I always enjoy your posts and fmaily pics and news and fishing trips and family visits and all, but I'm so confused after reading a few of the recent posts mentioning locations... Help?!?  ??? :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #14091 on: October 15, 2021, 03:38:47 PM »

Clynn and Lisa, thanks for the DNF nest and splish splash pics!  Lots of salad still in their nest. LOL.

Tsk, I see this is your travel day.  Have a fun trip and visit!

My computer still has a gremlin with connecting and staying connected to the internet, and I'm still trying to troubleshoot it, but it's working right at this moment, though it quit on me about 45 minutes ago, and then started working again without me doing a thing.   ::)  Dang intermittent gremlins are pesky.  I stayed up till I was cross-eyed last night troubleshooting, and thought I got the issue corrected.  Not.  LOL.  I will probably move to my ipad in a bit.  This PC is driving me nuts.  Grrr. LOL!  But this too shall pass... after I get back with the tech team I work with - next week... cuz today is...

TGIF DAY!!!  Have a good one, Beakers   ;D

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:43:54 PM by baziunc »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #14092 on: October 15, 2021, 03:50:14 PM »

In case anyone wondered:  How do you pronounce Quokka?  The name is pronounced "kwaa-ka."  ;D ;D

Peeps, you said the Quokka looked like a cartoon character...I always thought Puffins looked like cartoon characters!

baz, lilbro's real forum name is 'lindawyos little brother', he is in wyo..ming!  ;D ;D

Phyl, when I got the 2 shots (jabs, they call then in England...) they said they were supposed to give them in separate arms, not both in the same...
I found this online: What if I want to get the shots at the same time?  If you are getting both shots at the same time, the CDC guidance for vaccine providers
notes that injection sites should be separated by an inch or more or administered in different limbs if possible.
  Here is the website:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2021/09/13/covid-booster-flu-shot-timing/

Big Bear🦅Let The Nestorations Begin❗️First Sticks Of The Season🌲2021-10-14      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7Oju6pRpE&t=50s
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #14093 on: October 15, 2021, 03:52:20 PM »

Posting Penny Pic for Lilbro!!!

Reading time with Dad...   
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #14094 on: October 15, 2021, 04:30:57 PM »

Hi beakers!  Happy Friday!  I haz a sad... tooth is worse, couldn't get into Iowa City so went to Dad's dentist locally which did nothing but charge out of pocket.  Trying to get into Iowa City on emergency basis and this is not an emergency. I found out I need a root canal and the nerve is exposed... the pain is  :-\ grrr... other than that... doing pretty good!  A lot more happy days now anyway...  ;D ;D ;D
Trying to find out what happened in Australia with the falcons.  There is a half of an egg shell and there is no baby.  First baby is doing great! Will check in later.  Love ya lots!!! What's going on with our Lisa?  Haven't read the posts yet today... will text her. :) take care all!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:36:39 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

jaspurr

« Reply #14095 on: October 15, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »

LORI, I sympathize.  Same problem that I have only they will have to do the root canal from the top down.  The tooth has a large filling and my dentist is afraid that if he tries to remove the filling,  the tooth will fall apart so he will have to cut the gum.  Just waiting for the surgery from my extracted tooth to fully heal.
When are you scheduled for your root canal?  Baby food for you too :-X :-X

Reeses peanut butter cups.  One of my favorites. ;D ;D

CLYNN, you don't want to upset PEEP with cartoon remarks about her puffins.  LOL

Good night everyone.

PeepSpy

« Reply #14096 on: October 15, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »

Clowns of the Atlantic, Clynn!  :D

An Explore chatter just got a rescue kitty and named it Razor Bill

QueenBea's Razor Bill  :D
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

PeepSpy

« Reply #14097 on: October 15, 2021, 05:24:06 PM »

Oh Lori, no fun! I've had several root canals. One happened after my dentist crowned and restored the filling on a tooth that cracked. He must have drilled too deep.

{{{Lori}}}
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #14098 on: October 15, 2021, 05:50:17 PM »

LORI, I sympathize.  Same problem that I have only they will have to do the root canal from the top down.  The tooth has a large filling and my dentist is afraid that if he tries to remove the filling,  the tooth will fall apart so he will have to cut the gum.  Just waiting for the surgery from my extracted tooth to fully heal.
When are you scheduled for your root canal?  Baby food for you too :-X :-X

Reeses peanut butter cups.  One of my favorites. ;D ;D

CLYNN, you don't want to upset PEEP with cartoon remarks about her puffins.  LOL

Good night everyone.

Jaspurr & the beak, so sorry about your tooth issues as well... they suck!!!  Part of my filling fell out March 13th 2000 the same day my Dentist discovered one of the staff had covid, they closed University of Iowa until Sept or October of 2000 and then to get back in took months.  They are also closed from May to September for the summer.  I am in the middle of 2 implants and a crown on upper left side.  My dentist graduated & went to Egypt (8 years prothodontics) then the other guy took months to get in for finish implants, he is now gone & other now I have another person who is going to finish this but I am seeing her Oct 28th for other things and I have to get this fixed before I can do the final impression for my final implant teeth.  ugh! Anyway... the rest of the filling (on the right side) fell out a couple weeks ago and have had terrible pain due to an exposed nerve.  Was trying to wait until the 28th but decided to go to a local dentist just to find out she couldn't even do a root canal because she was afraid my tooth would break. So... going to UofI next week to kill the nerve (root canal) to get pain relief and go from there.  Long story been wanting to explain to the beak but it's so complicated. I put off the filling issue because I forgot about it during all the stuff going on in America and had no pain at that time. So I am to blame for not getting it fixed sooner also. Confused? lol ;) The 28th not sure what the plan is but I will get this finished by next May.  Been doing this for 5 years so far (one year extended due to covid). Happy days are coming!  Take care and good luck with your surgery recovery on your tooth and anybody in the beak experiencing dental issues, I totally feel for you and I understand.  :-\ ;)
 There is a lot more to the story also... 

Oatmeal yummy  :P :P ::) Been eating this for brunch everyday for the past year or so... not bad but looks awful.  Tiny bites of everything else.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:52:27 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #14099 on: October 15, 2021, 05:55:18 PM »

Oh Lori, no fun! I've had several root canals. One happened after my dentist crowned and restored the filling on a tooth that cracked. He must have drilled too deep.

{{{Lori}}}

((Peep)) aww girl hang in there! I hate dentists offices!!!
Here's a baby Puffin for ya :)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl