Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 361197 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #13995 on: October 14, 2021, 11:16:17 AM »

Good Morning...

Thanks for all the nests updates/photos, getting to be that time.  Great cheetah news from Smithonian Nat'l Zoo!
Indian Summer here then it's a cool down. Wore a jacket for walk last evening.

Tsk safe travels and sounds like a nice visit. Furniture wait  :(  ; Maggie's home. 
Pink hope it's a good day at work
Lani luv your "Good Night' kitties; LOL Peanuts ; mice are quick little critters, good catch  ;)  ; That quokka  is adorable !
Clynn thanks for vax news on combining shots I'll pass that on to Jim as he got Pfizer, too. ; nice abstract this AM; I did have a Granny Square vest in HS, Mom added a self fringe when she finished it.
KB Thanks for Gladys news, looking foreward to your update;interesting map, Ditto Tsk said, lots to think on. Nice pic of Ollie, looks like he has 'nice' fur.
Oldguy glad your sister's friend was helpful and you have the  all much needed  info . Wishing you the best. Thanks for miscellaney
Baz  PC probs are so frustrating, hope they get resloved soon
Lilbro  that's some snow,stay warm; no work/yep! gals like to get  help on  'honey-do's'
Tig good luck with the health club search

Have a good day everyone...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:56:07 PM by Phyl »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

LisaG1967

« Reply #13996 on: October 14, 2021, 12:21:05 PM »

Afternoon E4E, kb, and Puff   :)

jaspurr - 12 inches of snow would close down Maryland for sure too!   ;D

Pink - Have a good day at work.  :D

tsk - I am loving all your cute Fall/Halloween morning greetings.  Enjoy your stay in DC!! 

clynn - Oh my, you got both the booster and flu on the same day!  Did it knock you for a loop?  Oops, I see you answered tsk!   I did get the flu shot at Sam's today.  My Sam's don't have the Pfizer booster, so I have to check elsewhere.  Too funny on the "I was in a hurry this morning"  ;D ;D

karen - That Harriet, and her karate chops!  ;D

Lani - Love Vince Gill's voice!  Is that a groundhog?

Phyl - Cute morning pic!

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #13997 on: October 14, 2021, 01:59:05 PM »

Morning eagle buddies!  :)

Lilbro - I wrote 'cute gifs' for Lori! Her message was beneath yours! ;D ;D

Ok...I do post some funny stuff on Facebook everyday.
  Lee Laatsch..

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #13998 on: October 14, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning Pink, Jaspurr, E4E, Lisa, kb, lilbro, Puff, tsk & Lani!

Pink, have a good day at work!  It's 46 here right now, high 66 today. Jacket weather for sure!

jaspurr, you mean there is plenty of bonding going on amongst the Albatross population?  ;D ;D

Lisa, you are a pro at driving on that bridge! Yes, stop at Sam's and get that Flu shot! I got the flu and covid booster Friday!

lilbro, what does Penny think of the snow? Children always find such joy in snow! Wives always love getting those 'honey do's' done!

Lani, maybe the screen on your chimney cap is loose, letting those little mousies in? We have the same 'never hads', torn jeans, tats or no shoulder
tops! I am sure we wore some things the older crowd didn't care for!  ;D

tsk, I am sure we had fashion trends that were weird to the older generation!  Like the 36" bell bottoms I had in '74, man I loved those! The brushed
suede jackets with the fringe, granny square vests...

oldguy, great to hear that you have made headway with your sister's information! Thanks for all the goodies you posted!

Smithsonian National Zoo Announces the Birth of 5 Adorable Cheetah Cubs!

https://people.com/pets/smithsonian-national-zoo-5-cheetah-cubs-born/?utm_campaign=peoplepets&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=61674b2935a2610001acf124&fbclid=IwAR2iGpEV1Beim6AcFJzNNOlt-ojRuVt8tzretW1_yZda1LQU7mFk7-rVk0c

I have 4 videos of her first experience with snow...too damn cute...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #13999 on: October 14, 2021, 02:48:56 PM »

lilbro, is Lori going to post any of your Penny and snow videos? Hope so!

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources: Last week, we received reports of a mature mule deer buck in the town of Parowan with an unidentifiable
mass of string caught in its antlers. The buck was not able to see through what we suspect was a tangled hammock. Our biologists tranquilized the
buck, removed the string, and placed a GPS collar on the buck. Not injured, the buck was released and appears to be doing great!

Trio Nest!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #14000 on: October 14, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/eurasian-eagle-owl-missing-from-minnesota-zoo-has-died/6269568/?cat=1

Sorry Beakers...Gladys was found on the side of the road....and was transported to the zoo by a concerned citizen where they determined she had already died.

Was worried a captive bird could handle the city, even though the trainers had stated she could survive....
Sorry to bring bad news....

PeepSpy

« Reply #14001 on: October 14, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »

Aw, KB! That is sad!  :'(
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

PeepSpy

« Reply #14002 on: October 14, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »

I am going to miss our quirky Halloween pot luck at the office!  :(
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

PeepSpy

« Reply #14003 on: October 14, 2021, 03:38:13 PM »

And our database manager is moving to Florida in a few weeks and will continue to work remotely from there. I am taking her to lunch next Friday.  :)
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

jaspurr

« Reply #14004 on: October 14, 2021, 03:41:34 PM »

KB,  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
{{{PEEP}}}

Phyl

« Reply #14005 on: October 14, 2021, 03:45:49 PM »

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/eurasian-eagle-owl-missing-from-minnesota-zoo-has-died/6269568/?cat=1

Sorry Beakers...Gladys was found on the side of the road....and was transported to the zoo by a concerned citizen where they determined she had already died.

Was worried a captive bird could handle the city, even though the trainers had stated she could survive....
Sorry to bring bad news....

:'( :'( :'(   RIP Gladys
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

« Reply #14006 on: October 14, 2021, 03:58:01 PM »

Lilbro Penny pics are cute. Ditto Clynn,' is Lori going to post any of your Penny  snow vids?'
Clynn thanks for the UDWFR ...good news on the buck, so glad it turned out well. Great photos. Thanks.; the TP math,  yeah sure would be nice Josh. Trio nest looks great!

Edwin Way Teale

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #14007 on: October 14, 2021, 04:11:26 PM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

PeepSpy

« Reply #14008 on: October 14, 2021, 04:22:09 PM »

Are you using DuckDuckGo on your cell phone and tablet?

DDG respects your privacy and blocks all Google tracking. I use it on my cell phone and my Samsung Tab A. Google products are still installed, but I don't search on Google using these devices. I use MS Edge on my home computer. We use Chrome on our work network. For some reason parts of the GM Service Information web site don't work well on Edge.

Here is a link to download:
https://getduckduckgo.com/
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #14009 on: October 14, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »

Nice ride up and sun finally came out after clouds the whole trip.  Saw lots of sandhill cranes grazing in cut down fields. I must say tho the color is not awe inspiring.Lots of maples still green

KB  Whoa you were under dressed.  Was rainy when we left but is beautiful here. That is sad news about Gladys.  Wonder if the Zoo will now change training methods so that doesn't happen again.  Very sad.

LANI  That little critter is so darn cute  LOLOL

PHYL  So that is a quokka in Lani's post  Cute little guy.

LISA  Good that you got your flu shot.  I can't get my Covid booster til Oct 28th - the required 6 months.

LILBRO  Will ned to figure out how to follow your page or rely on CLYNN to bring it to us  LOLOL

CLYNN  Great moose story.  Love those rescues Glad they had a tranquilizer tho.   LOL  TP math  ::)

PEEPS  And we will miss your report of the party as well  ;D
Chicagoland