Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 361190 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #13980 on: October 14, 2021, 06:42:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Have another appointment this morning across the bridge.   ::)  I might stop in Sam's, and see if I can get a flu shot while I am over that way.

Morning kb and lilbro  :)

Lani - Wow, Taiki is really far out there. 

Pink - Your "you before coffee" pic  ;D  Appointment went good.  It was a good eagle day, both spend quite a while in the bluffs. 

baz - Sorry about your new pc!  Hope you can get it fixed. 

oldguy - Glad that your sisters friend could help you out with things. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #13981 on: October 14, 2021, 06:58:21 AM »

Morning eagle buddies!  :)

Lilbro - I wrote 'cute gifs' for Lori! Her message was beneath yours! ;D ;D

jaspurr

« Reply #13982 on: October 14, 2021, 07:03:35 AM »

Good morning everyone,
LILBRO,  12 inches would close down NoVa for a week. ;D
KB, how much snow did you get?  Impressive map.  I didn't realize how large the watershed was.
Lani, those black, deep waters where Tiaki is heading don't look very friendly.  The albatross coming back to the island are wasting no time starting the next generation. ;D ;D
Good morning Lisa, E4E, OldGuy

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #13983 on: October 14, 2021, 07:07:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers
Another cool Morning in the 40s.. I will wear a jacket to work this morning..

Have a good day ALL 
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG,  Weasel,  Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Jaspurr, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL 
🦅🇺🇸💓

kbshcb

« Reply #13984 on: October 14, 2021, 07:23:53 AM »

Jaspurr - we got NO snow...thank goodness...we were on the warm side of the system. Unfortunately,  we only got less than 1/10th of an inch of rain as well when we have been in a drought all season we needed it going into winter...the next 2 weeks don't look hopeful for rain either...

Will have to keep watering in my grass seed and new perennials and old arbors to keep them safer....

High only expected today at 58 so at least more average temps...

My outdoor painter is coming tomorrow with similar temps...Scott and I used to Not paint below 65 but oh well, it is what it is..

Puff

« Reply #13985 on: October 14, 2021, 07:38:12 AM »

I'm glad to hear o your breakthrough OldGuy  It's a good learning moment for Beakers and a reminder for me, too.

Mom was in hospice for about 9 months.  Had a lot of time to get things ready; had help of lawyer, accountant, visiting care, hospice.  Thought all our ducks were in a row.  NOT!  Even conferenced with 2 brothers, 1 sister.  I won't go into specifics - Just to mention that it was almost 2 years before all things got settled.  It ain't easy.  Just saying, we understand.  It takes patience,  It will work through.

P     

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13986 on: October 14, 2021, 08:08:16 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL  Is Maggie home yet?

LANI  I don't know how you posted that Peanuts cartoon but I loved it.  ;D ;D  At least you know the source of those sneaky mouses  ;) ;)  For the ones you've released they've not passed the word around about Milo  LOL

BAZI    :) ;) :)    Garfield and Friends  ;D  Dang technology  :P

OLDGUY  I'm so relieved to hear that progress has been made.  We've been executors twice now. You'll manage esp having a lawyer to advise.  Penny and Lily- clever.  Love when Claire says " too many cats here"  LOL  Good minion  ;D

LILBRO  I expect Montana has some pretty efficient snow removal systems - back to work today? or more "honey-do" projects?

KB  That map gives lots of pause to think.  :o :o
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #13987 on: October 14, 2021, 08:11:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning Pink, Jaspurr, E4E, Lisa, kb, lilbro, Puff, tsk & Lani!

Pink, have a good day at work!  It's 46 here right now, high 66 today. Jacket weather for sure!

jaspurr, you mean there is plenty of bonding going on amongst the Albatross population?  ;D ;D

Lisa, you are a pro at driving on that bridge! Yes, stop at Sam's and get that Flu shot! I got the flu and covid booster Friday!

lilbro, what does Penny think of the snow? Children always find such joy in snow! Wives always love getting those 'honey do's' done!

Lani, maybe the screen on your chimney cap is loose, letting those little mousies in? We have the same 'never hads', torn jeans, tats or no shoulder
tops! I am sure we wore some things the older crowd didn't care for!  ;D

tsk, I am sure we had fashion trends that were weird to the older generation!  Like the 36" bell bottoms I had in '74, man I loved those! The brushed
suede jackets with the fringe, granny square vests...

oldguy, great to hear that you have made headway with your sister's information! Thanks for all the goodies you posted!

Smithsonian National Zoo Announces the Birth of 5 Adorable Cheetah Cubs!

https://people.com/pets/smithsonian-national-zoo-5-cheetah-cubs-born/?utm_campaign=peoplepets&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=61674b2935a2610001acf124&fbclid=IwAR2iGpEV1Beim6AcFJzNNOlt-ojRuVt8tzretW1_yZda1LQU7mFk7-rVk0c

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:21:25 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13988 on: October 14, 2021, 08:17:47 AM »

Came to post and saw that I had not sent my AM post  LOLOL

Finally light enough to read my rain gauge.  Another 1/4" over night via several short downpours which I love listening to with open windows.

CLYNN  Did you get both shots on the same day?  Any reaction?  Thanks for coming up with some of our fashion highlights - I remember having a very mini skirt but those are always in nowadays.  How exciting for the Smithsonian Zoo.  Would love to be a caretaker there.

Heading for a 2 night stay in Door County as tomorrow will swing over to Green Bay and see my bro/SIL new home they started building over a year ago.  They are still waiting for new furniture.  My Milw bro and SIL will also be there.
 LOLOLOLOL  "I was in a hurry this AM"  ;D

Will check in later.  Everyone have a good day
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #13989 on: October 14, 2021, 08:24:39 AM »

tsk, yes, I got both the flu and Pfizer booster on the same day, one in each arm. Nothing but the usual soreness the next day!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

jaspurr

« Reply #13990 on: October 14, 2021, 08:34:55 AM »

CLYN, I was trying to keep it family friendly but bonding works. :) :)
TSK, have a safe trip.

karengramke

« Reply #13991 on: October 14, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »

Checked in on Harriet and M this am!  They were bringing sticks to the nest, bonding and Harriet gave M her side kick!  What a girl!   He must think that is normal since he stays!  Lol.   Some men.
High temps in the upper 80s thru Saturday and Sunday a wonderful day with a high of 75!  Yea.    No snow though.
Tsk, safe journey and good visit with brothers, etc.
cute babies  at the National Zoo Clynn.
Lani any more mice?   You are brAve and fast to catch them!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:06:43 AM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #13992 on: October 14, 2021, 10:17:37 AM »

Woah, I was seriously under-dressed just now during my walk with Vi...and Ollie. It's 49 plus big wind.
I didn't check before leaving...Needed a coat, hat and mittens...wore a long sleeved shirt and sweater with hood...almost cold enough for Ollie to wear his coat which I've arbitrarily decided is 45..Heat on in the house for our first time this year.

Have fun tsk!...

Yah!....I'm down to 4 cans now instead of the 8!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:22:21 AM by kbshcb »

jaspurr

« Reply #13993 on: October 14, 2021, 10:30:38 AM »

KB, you dodged a bullet with NO snow.  49 sounds wonderful to me.  The wind not so much.  Still humid here.
Karate school seems to be popular with eagle Moms. ;D ;D.  DM has a black belt and it sounds like Harriet is well on her way to getting one.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #13994 on: October 14, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:20:36 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander