Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 262229 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #12645 on: September 15, 2021, 01:21:51 PM »

Thanx TSK... yep, Grand Superior Lodge has several types of lodging. We use the anniversary club which affords us half off a lodge room. Staying at the Beach House was part of my anniversary gift for Camper.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #12646 on: September 15, 2021, 03:04:38 PM »

Hello Beakers

I have 45 mins of videos ...

I introduced Marlin about 4 weeks ago...  here is a video of him almost fully grown...
Marlin, the cat-dog, goes Paddle Boarding!!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShGp6o3Qm6Q

Miri grew up with a stuffed white cat   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPMSCVs1Wo
Cats were picked a fight by the stuffed white cat   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUxy1K-WwA

Detective LuLu | Kittisaurus Villains   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skkofZJGAaE
I couldn't focus on the game because my cats were being too cute...(ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8oNzZXovtA
Meet LuLu's Worst Enemy (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suF7KncXe6c

"Brand New Heartache" |Cotton Pickin Kids!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLUCtk7p08

ENORMOUS LAVA RIVER MOVING THROUGH GELDINGADALUR! Emerged from nowhere!! 15.09.21   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWldYrGFVN8
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #12647 on: September 15, 2021, 03:17:04 PM »

Tig, I love the china shard jewelry.   I have a pair of earrings  set in the Same silver as your pendant.   Like your birds better than my floral pattern!   I will trade you!  Lol. 
Sounds like you two have a pretty agreeable pattern set .  As long as you have fun!

kbshcb

« Reply #12648 on: September 15, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »

So I just took a woman from my city (opposite side) to lunch nearby...To thank her. Incredible woman who didn't know me but after Covid lock downs and Scott at home I don't remember what I posted but she went to multiple stores to find his favorite bread, Healthnut..and brought 5 loaves.....we of course ate them all. She did more than that. She brought home made lasagna, chokolate, flowers and other needs without even knowing us. She also was at Scott's funeral.

Was so interesting to catch up and learn about each other. She's a realtor, a lover of wildlife, young enough to be my daughter but an old soul....After lunch we sat out on my lovely outdoor deck and continued for hours. Her Grandma was at the Glen Lake Sanitorium at the time I was born as my mom, RN got TB....
Amazing coincidences. And of course, Ollie man and her got on lovingly.

It's so nice to know that strangers like her exist...She's also a Jeep lover and we drove in her totally rad 1996 light blue Jeep....she only left to get new tires on it.....

What a fun day....More please ;) ;)

PeepSpy

« Reply #12649 on: September 15, 2021, 03:35:17 PM »

KB, some people are just a gift! God bless her!  :D
Welcome Fall  🍁🍎🍂🥧

kbshcb

« Reply #12650 on: September 15, 2021, 03:46:21 PM »

KB, some people are just a gift! God bless her!  :D

Amen.

karengramke

« Reply #12651 on: September 15, 2021, 04:00:57 PM »

What a sweet young woman!   I am sure you will keep in touch with her.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12652 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »

Pictures of Bella....enjoying my rum & coke (pepsi...).

kb, you have a new friend...don't lose touch!

oldguy, saving the videos for later, have a couple of errands to run!  Thanks, I did peek at the volcano...wow!

tig, beautiful gift from camper! Sounds like you two have had a memorable anniversary!

Lani, love the cat in the vase...they fit anywhere!  Thanks for the video of Tiaki's banding, she is so fluffy and pretty.  When Erin was little we watched all the
Disney videos. Two of his favorites were The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under.  In the movie, they take Albatross Airlines to wherever they are going, because
the bird is so big it can haul critters all over the place! I always think of watching those movies over and over again every time I see the albatross family!

Lisa, if I lived close to you I would donate a Longaberger basket to you to keep in your car, like Lani said! I have so many of them, Ed finds them in the thrift
stores for very little $$$, and I have probably close to 100 of my own! Do you think the other Chesapeake Bay Bridge is scarier than yours?

Peeps, sending kisses and hugs and good wishes for Jojo! Maybe we will see him in a few years!

tsk, I just knew you would have fresh flowers in your house! You are just that kind of a girl!

Sydney

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #12653 on: September 15, 2021, 05:19:42 PM »

Oh my!  I had a phono, radio that almost looked like that!   Lol!   Nice piece of furniture.   In the first picyure is Bella looking at an ah pad?  Is she reading now?   That crossed eye look is hillarious. Nnsome pretty pictures.

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #12654 on: September 15, 2021, 05:32:42 PM »

Good Afternoon Beaker Buddies
A good long day until 4, tonight is  Wings Wednesday! I am SOO ready for it..lol..It was a beautiful day today, it will be HOT again this weekend..Hubby and I will get off at 2 Friday and head to Omaha, shop maybe, check in to hotel room and shuttle over to Concert venue to see ZZ Top! I am anxious to see how it will be without Dusty...

E4E  :)
LANI Oh no, I see you fell over some rocks while preparing for firewise week, I bet you are sore! (((Hugs))) Aww Tiaki is going to leave soon! I've been so busy, I haven't been peeking in to see her... LOVE Dean Martin  :) Aww 27 and Momma too!
LORI I LOVED your card for Tig and Camp, so clever! Also all your fall pics and sweets, too yum! How are you nowadays? Thanks for the Penney pics for LILBRO.
KB SO beyond great that you and that wonderful neighbor hit it off, AND you both have SO much in common..Your day together sounded awesome,  I hope you have more! She sounds like a sweetie!Ollie getting on with her is a plus   :) Glad the Towers are around  :)
LILBRO Penny and big bro are adorable, hoping you have a safe and wonderfully enjoyable trip!
CLYNN Loved the updates and pics of Gabby and the Sydney ones also! Today's morning pic was so cool.. How have you been enjoying this ALMOST fall weather lately?  The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise sounds great! Have never been to Canada! OH Bella,  SO sweet and her eyes looking at that, snacking, she almost looks cross eyed at it..Oh her sweet faces,  what a girl..lol Rum and Coke ready..lol  Oh yes I remember THOSE  days TVs they did it All!
TSK OH Hump day is here YES, and I'm looking so forward to the weekend! Oh you are such an Angel for doing all you do for your church..I know they appreciate it so much..
JASPURR OH! So you have been watching the Albatross Cam for quite a while also?. Such a cool cam, funny at times as LANI said..
LISA Oh NO, those yummy sandwiches went flying! Did the person slam thier brakes for not paying attention in front of them? Yikes! You have to go on that bridge way too much! I Am very glad Bradley is feeling better,and in turn makes Mama HAPPY  :) That pic of SA Eagle and Hawk on the FLY was great! How often does that happen??TIG The thought behind the Pendant Camp gave you is adorable! What attention to detail and Love.., I'm sure that beautiful  picture  doesn't do it justice  and rhe color
of those Roses  :) Glad you are enjoying this special Anniversary at that awesome beach location,  well that cottage tho!  :)
PUFF A beautiful flower arrangement and the smell on the table is hard to beat  :)
OLDGUY Have missed your wonderful updates and Minions, have to catch up!
KAREN I also thank you for giving Bikers a wide berth,  yes some Bikers tho can be very naughty!
PEEP Great Recap of the Puffin season, I'm sure you will , well we all will miss them!

WoW what a bunch on the FLY..lol loud too..lol
This is a COOL Lamp , our butterfly Women here would like  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 05:34:33 PM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

LisaG1967

« Reply #12655 on: September 15, 2021, 05:45:54 PM »

Pink - Yes, a young kid in a suped up BMW with a rice burner muffler, looking all around and the person in front of him stopped short, so he stopped short..and so on!  I really wanted those sammies too.  I spent $20 on them.  I had not had one in so long.  It was from PotBelly's, and the sandwich is called...no lie.... A Wreck!   ;D

clynn - Love Bella's photo shoot for today...the cross-eyed one, hilarious! Holy smokes...over 100 Longaberger baskets! 
I definitely think the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel is scarier than my bridge.  There is just something about being under water in that tunnel crossing the Chesapeake.  Here is a video that I found of it.  It's kinda long, but you get the idea.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF8pDwPafxo
Man, you must have had to be rich to have the liquor cabinet combo one!   ;D  We only had the TV/record player one. 

kb - I remember you mentioning receiving all those goodies from that sweet person back then.  So glad you got to meet her.

karen - Are you and TA getting any rain from Nicholas?  Mama called earlier and said she had just come back from Navarre Beach, and it was raining so hard she could barely see when driving.

oldguy - Thanks for the videos....much appreciated!

Have a good night everyone.

kbshcb

« Reply #12656 on: September 15, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »

Absolutely I will stay in touch with Emily...

Lisa - Oh my on that tunnel and bridge...I'd have panic attacks on it for sure.

I remember living in LA and getting stuck waiting for traffic under a highway bridge...with all the earthquakes that was scary enough.....no thanks on long bridges over bodies of water and under them, Nope a Hard Pass!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12657 on: September 15, 2021, 06:32:50 PM »

some bounce

Oh! Lani... I missed your post about falling. So sorry. Take care.
KB... good for you!

Well... we are settled into our room at the lodge, which has been redecorated. Nice... but... why can't they understand we old folks need TALL toilets?? Grr.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #12658 on: September 15, 2021, 06:49:52 PM »

Lisa, no rain here.   Saw a flash flood alert for fairhope.  We have rain chances all week.  Temps down to high 80s with high humidity!  Was on the Chesapeake tunnel bridge going and coming fron .Chicoteague.  Not bad.   More like a cause way.  Used to tunnels from Mobile.
Tig, you will have to srart requesting handicap rooms in hotels.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12659 on: September 15, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »

TIG  That Camper is a keeper alright.  Love that beach cottage  :)   It's really hard when you're used to the "tall ADA" toilets to sit on a low one.  It's like going from an SUV to a corvette  LOL

OLDGUY   Good vids from Claire and in the white cat video typical reactions from all 3 cats. ;D

KB  What a beautiful day, person, conversation.  I love stories like this.  Lots of positive things coming out of Covid  ;) ;)  AND she's a younger person to boot.  Hope for the next generation.

CLYNN   LOL  And now we know Bella can cross her eyes  LOL     Right now on my hallway table I have zinnias from my own garden.  ;)  They never last as long as the flowers you buy in the store tho.    " tater tot"  LOLOL

PINK  Fun time to look forward to to get through this week  ;)   I want one of those lamps  :o :o

LISA  We have a Potbelly's in town .  I'll look for the Wreck  LOL   NO THANK YOU on the longest bridge-tunnel in the world.
Chicagoland