Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 735528 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10380 on: July 27, 2021, 11:04:05 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

I will post more in the morning - was up before 5am, getting a little tired.... ;) ::)

A surprise development in Iceland today - no lava... :o

Iceland Volcano stops 🌋 Drone zooms into crater and finds NO LAVA 27.07   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F9RuFqGWfA
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10381 on: July 28, 2021, 12:43:39 AM »

My memory that y'all brought back to mind. 
Some recently heard the story of the hug for my brother.  Another long cherished hug would be the hug I got from Bob.  It was Thursday night eve of ATF.  Held that year in the ballroom (?) at the pizza party at the Winneshiek.  Many in chat were sad because they couldn't attend.  I volunteered  :P to give Bob a big hug from all those who loved him and what he gave to us.  Well, I did just that!  It was later that someone, I don't recall who, clued me in to the fact that Bob was not a fan of hugs.  Oops, too late.  But then, it was good timing.  Just short of a month later there was an unplanned trip back to Decorah for a memorial.   :'(  Shocking and so sad.

This time for ATF I made up for what was lacking in 2020 -- lots and lots of hugs -- because they're nice, because I missed my fix due to 19 months of covid (except for bro ED), and just because I wanted to hug.  Hugs are nice.  Did some more catching up on Wednesday when ladies on my block got together for lunch after same 19 months.  Hugs are nice!  Just because - give some hugs to anyone when you get the urge.  Hugs are nice.  It would be nice to give Bob one more.

P     

{{{Hugs Puff}}} I bet Bob appreciated your hug.  Hugs are nice, the world could use one right now.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #10382 on: July 28, 2021, 12:45:25 AM »

Erin sent pictures of the Munchkins on this HOT day! Bella is modeling the swimsuit Grandma got for her!

awww Clynn, Bella looks more and more like her mom every day. Love the pose, curl of foot and big smile!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #10383 on: July 28, 2021, 01:39:40 AM »

Clynn, Richmond has done a fantastic job keeping his family fed! I can see why they may never leave. Can't stop looking at the munchkins happy, smiling pics.

Phyliz, love this morning's pepper abstract art....

Lisa, Did the skunk ever leave?  :o

Tig, sounds like a perfect picnic, glad you took time out for yourself.

Peep, nice pics from the Isle

Lori, baby Destini  :-*. sorry you are still having tech difficulties.

Tsk, glad you were able to find someone to help you and fix the problem.

Pink, love your good night pic of Bob

SED Eagles, Oldguy :)

Beautiful remembrance of Bob from everyone. It was because of him and all he created, starting with the Decorah eagle cam, RRP, peregrine falcon program, that we have met and become life long friends. My heart is full. I'm so thankful for Bob and all he created in bringing us together.

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers Family, and Friends, may your sleep be one of love, grace, comfort and peace. God Bless

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eagles4, Lisa, Firetruck, Jilltosa, Pink, Maxie, Masswatch, Clynn, Lori, Baz, ssrl, Tsk, RubyRed246, Ezee, Blschue, DeborahG, Oldguy, Karen, Lindy, Paulie, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Marrymo, Puff, Smb, Naimoj, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's family, Peep's friend's family, Eagle's Kris, Pink's Kenzie, Lori's grandma Helen, Kb's BIL, Tsk's BIL, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Baz sister, Lisa's brother, Tsk's friend, Tig and Camper, Clynn's friend Kay, Eagles4's son, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Mrs. Oldguy, Pink's Morgan, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, Baz's great niece, WW JW, Keystone, ssrl, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Blschue and Bill, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little One and all those like her, Iris, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom, Dewey, GSB Michelle, Juliet and Romeo, Maggie, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 01:41:24 AM by Lani »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10384 on: July 28, 2021, 01:59:39 AM »

I have been in the dentist all yesterday aftertnoon.
Thanks for the nests updates.

Lani I really tried to get this posted before you closed out Beakroom for the day.  Another awesome sunset.

Clynn luv the Munchkin photos. Grandma has good taste in swimsuits. Like Lani said, Luv the pose. Talon is a nice looking boy.
Eagles  I had cursor probs here earlier
Oldguy Jim has to report to work earlier like you. The guy gets home and zonks. It's quite understandable. I have been reading your  Icelandic volcano updates. It's all scary.
Lisa  :o sknuk. I accidently hit one.  Take care
Pink yeah that going back outside is a killer. When we left the denitist and opened the building door, smothering and then you wilt.
Tig hopefully the laundry probs are solved
Tsk nice when cable issues are solved and customer service is polite and efficient

'Good Night' and SEDs...

LisaG1967

« Reply #10385 on: July 28, 2021, 05:38:19 AM »

Beakers

Lori - Awww, love the pic of Destini as a baby.  Hope you get that PC fixed and working soon....miss you!  :-*

tsk - I hope there is no lil family under there, but ya never know.  I don't go out back at night, but I have been seeing the critters early in the morning right when it is starting to turn light.  Glad to hear that you got your sound fixed, and that you got someone very helpful!

karen - I am flying out on Thursday, plane leaves at 3:20pm and flying into Pensacola, as the flight into Mobile I would have had to change planes in Atlanta.  I have plenty of masks packed in the suitcase, and always carry extra in my purse. I am staying far away from the skunk.  Jeff on the other hand was near the area in the yard where we saw Mr. Skunk.  I told him I have a huge bottle of tomato juice waiting for you!  ;D

Peep - Oh no, hope that tornado warning fizzled out.

Pink - I know, why is there so many errands to do before a trip?!  ;D

clynn - I wish I had a pool too!  Great view of the eggs from Sydney!

E4E - I hate when that happens with a post....sorry you could not get yours to post!

Lani - I am hoping the skunk has left.  Jeff found a hole in the wooden fence behind the shed, so maybe it was coming in from there.  A few years ago we had a huge pile of brush in the corner of our yard that we kept for the bunnies, and we decided to clean it out and a skunk was under it too.  At that time, we got the skunk out the yard.  We have a small pile of brush again, and that is where I saw the skunk.  Jeff will clean it up this weekend while I am gone, but we know that some bunnies have been under it.  I hate for them to lose their home, but I also don't want a skunk in my yard!

Phyliz - Oh no, on hitting the skunk....peee-uuuuu! The sure do stink when you ride by a dead one. Hope everything went ok at the dentist! 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10386 on: July 28, 2021, 06:51:53 AM »

Morning everyone! :)

kbshcb

« Reply #10387 on: July 28, 2021, 07:10:39 AM »

OMG, I don't want to jinx it but I hear thunder at least....going to open my windows now.

MONSTER:

This is a great idea for dogs and probably kitty's in hot weather:
Frozen chicken broth.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1420123423179608065
What makes a 17 year old #AustralianCattleDog happy on a warm day?  Frozen chicken broth.  Such a big hit that Chloe now has six tubs waiting for her in the freezer.

Lisa - I wouldn't want a skunk in my yard either: to put it mildly.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10388 on: July 28, 2021, 07:16:51 AM »

HI EVERYONE

Well I missed most of the big storm that went through here about 4 AM  Tim said so much lightening it lit up the room. several branches trimmed from our big maple tree and much of my tall milkweed is down flat.  1/2" of rain from it.

LORI   Aww  cute baby pic of Destini  :)

KAREN  Actually I am the same way about the Olympics but like to have it on if I'm cooking or doing something else around the house.  And now Simone withdrew due to pressure and they don't know if she will compete in individual.  Guess I would like to go out on top my self.  They showed just a tiny clip of dressage and I would love to see more of that. 

PEEPS  How di you fair with the weather system early this AM?

OLDGUY  No lava?  Give it a minute!  LOL

PHYLIZ  How did it go at the dentist? 

KB  Good idea with the frozen broth - Is Ollie a candidate?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10389 on: July 28, 2021, 07:32:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning Lisa, Phyl, E4E, kb, tsk & Lani!

Lisa, found this article, as I thought I remembered reading that skunks are nomadic and don't stay in one area long. Also a remedy in the article, maybe you can
show it to Jeff...  https://wareham.theweektoday.com/article/experts-dont-fear-skunks/3738

Phyl, when you go outside and your glasses fog up - that's hot and humid!

Lani, we have been friends for 10 years!  Thanks to Bob for all he did and to Amy for being willing to run a huge forum for us!

tsk, I found this article about Simone Biles, I don't know if it has any bearing on her withdrawing from the competition, but it may. Sounds like the judges were afraid
to score her too high...
https://www.vox.com/22575301/simone-biles-olympics-scoring-explained-gymnastics-yurchenko-double-pike

kb, TWC radar shows that you are getting rain right now, is that right?

I will go get the Munchkins in a little while, I think I will only have both of them the next 4 weeks until Talon starts school. I have got their surprises ready! I am going to try
to talk them out of going to the park today since it will be 90 by 11:00. I'll have to bring out all the activities today!

Avon Lake

TY Cindy Duffala

A couple of pictures of Bob posted on FB:
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10390 on: July 28, 2021, 07:52:57 AM »

I hear thunder! Bur no rain, yet...

picnic essentials this year...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #10391 on: July 28, 2021, 07:53:38 AM »

So far, just noise and lightening...oh a few rain drops.

The pretty red stuff already slipped south of us and just to the west.....once again it "poofed" ...
Sky sure looked ominous at sunrise...green....

Back to watering once again if it stops before 11 am...our city's cutoff time to water daily.

tsk - not really for Ollie....he likes to eat ice cubes and I haven't been allowing him to hang outside on the driveway tar lately...He automatically gets up and moves to the shade when he gets too hot. But, for the last 2 days I don't even let him do that....Crazy little man, he loves the heat of wooden decks or tar....just too dang hot on his paws imho...I have to get mad at him, or let's say sternly no no no..go out back where there is shade....He doesn't like me doing that..So for him frozen chicken broth doesn't really fit his lifestyle....this pic is of a cattle dog that probably spends more time outside than Ollie does, but I'll keep it in mind for a treat. I always have chicken broth in the house and could easily make chicken broth ice cubes!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:59:04 AM by kbshcb »

PeepSpy

« Reply #10392 on: July 28, 2021, 08:05:27 AM »

Tsk, not bad today and not as hot, but another storm system coming through tomorrow morning!  ::)
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

PeepSpy

« Reply #10393 on: July 28, 2021, 08:23:45 AM »

The condo that exploded in Warren, MI, may have been caused by the dead man found in the basement committing suicide (and decimating at least 6 other homes). Investigation is on-going.  :(

Damage is just unbelievable!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1412524287492341762
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/warren-police-believe-man-killed-in-home-explosion-was-responsible-for-blast
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:37:42 AM by PeepSpy »
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

kbshcb

« Reply #10394 on: July 28, 2021, 09:19:53 AM »

1/12th of an inch of rain...or .083....I think....nothing in my garden of perennials out front under maple tree of course....