Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 361200 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10350 on: July 27, 2021, 09:41:33 AM »

Clynn, enjoy your nest pictures!  They all have a story to tell, are clear and not the back side of birds on a rock pile!  Richmond is quite the fisher guy!
Loved B and R praline and cream!   Do not have a b and r near here!  Probably a good thing!

Lilbro, thanks for sharing Patricks video rememberance of his Mom!  What a nice thing to have!

Lani, saw something that said Payson had floods.  Is that so or was it something that should be in the archives?

Dark here , lots of thunder, very damp and no rain!   A lot of that going around!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10351 on: July 27, 2021, 10:29:37 AM »

Posted on RRP Facebook - Janet Holland-Dillow

Raptor Resource Project founder Bob Anderson passed away six years ago today. We talk a lot about the present and the future, but we wouldn't be here at all if it weren't for Bob's vision, persistence, sense of fun, and fascination with birds of prey. I wanted to share a memory from 2000, the year that the first of Bob's cliff-released birds came home. Please feel welcome to share your memories below.
In 2000, Bob's peregrine falcon cliff-release program was proven when a gold-banded peregrine that he released from Hanging Rock at Effigy Mounds National Monument showed up at Queen's Bluff, a historic eyrie roughly 60 miles north of the hack site. Bob was thrilled!
I was four months pregnant with my last child when Bob invited me to hike up the back of the bluff to see the first falcon to return to the cliffs of the Mississippi river since the species' extirpation in the mid-1960s. Keep in mind that the peregrine's wail could not be heard anywhere along the Mississippi river from about 1965 to 1987, when a falcon Bob produced became the first to return and breed in the wild mid-continent - a 'silent spring' of 22 years. But it was at least 35 years since peregrine falcons had nested on river cliffs and once again, one of Bob's birds was leading the way! How could I say no?
I huffed and puffed as we hiked very slowly up the back of the steep bluff and pushed through the crown of cedars at the top. I will never forget the gold-banded bird glowing against the backdrop of the Mississippi river. This photo shows two year-old male *E/W surveying a wide-open world with everything in front of him. His mate *C/*P was also produced by Bob and the two falcons fledged one unbanded male that year. Long may they all fly!
Thanks, Bob, for all you did. It was an honor and a privilege to know you.

Good morning Beakers
This is the day to honor and remember Bob Anderson.
Please share any special memories and photos you may have of Bob or RRP events.

:)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:48:51 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

PeepSpy

« Reply #10352 on: July 27, 2021, 10:50:14 AM »

Bob Anderson first transmitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDetJJt4V5U
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10353 on: July 27, 2021, 11:16:07 AM »

Lani, thank you for the beautiful memorial to Bob...he indeed made a difference in the world of raptors. Not only did he bring the falcons back to the
bluffs of the Mississippi, he enlightened the world with the Decorah Eagles cam and made all the world aware of the raptors we all love!
Here is a news article showing Bob releasing our Diva (E2/D1) after she got her BLING!  https://www.petethomasoutdoors.com/2011/07/decorah-bald-eagle-chick-is-fitted-with-gps-transmitter.html

Bob holding 'Four' in 2014.  You can see the pain in his eyes...

Just mom watching the kids at the pool...

Phyl, love those 'Pepper People'...  :o

Peeps, love that video!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10354 on: July 27, 2021, 11:17:26 AM »

Can never forget that day. And, some how through Bob's love, dedications  and insight. We got though the tragedy of E-4's untimely passing in 2014.

Rest in Peace  Bob. Your mission and dedication lives on in Raptor Resource Project.
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10355 on: July 27, 2021, 11:26:10 AM »

Lani hope you don't mind, I shared your post of Janet Holland-Dillow In RRP-FB with Decorah Eagles 2021.   I also sent a PM to Baz and Mp.
Clynn sometimes folks think alike. Posting at the same time. That picture of Bob holding D4 always was so touching for me. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:34:49 AM by Phyliz »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10356 on: July 27, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »

CLYNN   Why I never think of photoshopping I'll never know - I'm so gullible..  SF Bau is an amazing nest - Wow 12 fish before noon - I'd never leave either.. :o

PHYLIZ  Cute "peppers" post  Nice repelling photo.

PEEPS  Thanks for that transmitter memory  Bob's happy dance  ;D ;D

LANI  thanks for your Bob memory.  And there was Bob - never any gloves on  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #10357 on: July 27, 2021, 11:42:45 AM »

Miss Bob!  Rip

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #10358 on: July 27, 2021, 12:05:14 PM »

A cute youtube video put together by Na's son Patrick...
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_P4G1F_mLE

Lilbro, is this your sis and our Lindawyo's voice? Loved it! Is a cool remembrance your nephew put together.

Yes Lani, that is Na. .

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10359 on: July 27, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »

A cute youtube video put together by Na's son Patrick...
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_P4G1F_mLE

Lilbro, is this your sis and our Lindawyo's voice? Loved it! Is a cool remembrance your nephew put together.

Yes Lani, that is Na. .

Lilbro, I thought so! I remember you calling her Na and then I heard her voice!  ;D And I remember her saying "Oh God" a couple of times when she and Jim visited me in Scottsdale! What a fun and special memory for me!  ;D And for you too, hearing her voice and watching that video. Sending hugs to you  :)

Lilbro's Na (Lindawyo)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #10360 on: July 27, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »

Morning/Afternoon E4E  :)

Pink - Have a good day!

clynn - Ya know, I have noticed that about Acme & Safeway grocery who are owned by the same company.  They are starting to have alot of their Signature Farms brand in the store.

Phyliz - I will! 

karen - Hope you and TA don't get too much bad weather today.

Lani - What a nice write-up about Bob.

tsk - Love that..... And there was Bob - never any gloves on  LOL

Ohhhh, I forgot to tell you all.....I have a skunk in my backyard, and I think what looked like a groundhog go under my shed this morning! 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10361 on: July 27, 2021, 01:47:29 PM »

drip, drip 

Oh No Lisa! Good luck...

Gathering, preparing foods for a picnic this afternoon. Luckily Camper's group reserved a shelter at the park. I'm using my Mom's old picnic basket with plastic divided plates and her camping silverware. I have a metal 13x9 pan in the freezer and will place that on a towel in the bottom with freezer packs. We're having cubed chicken, crushed cashew, bacon bit, Mexican blend shredded cheese (in a sauce of mayo, sour cream, yogurt, french dressing) in a large carb fit flour tortilla; deviled eggs, chocolate chip cookies, watermelon.   

Missing Bob ...   :(
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #10362 on: July 27, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »

My memory that y'all brought back to mind. 
Some recently heard the story of the hug for my brother.  Another long cherished hug would be the hug I got from Bob.  It was Thursday night eve of ATF.  Held that year in the ballroom (?) at the pizza party at the Winneshiek.  Many in chat were sad because they couldn't attend.  I volunteered  :P to give Bob a big hug from all those who loved him and what he gave to us.  Well, I did just that!  It was later that someone, I don't recall who, clued me in to the fact that Bob was not a fan of hugs.  Oops, too late.  But then, it was good timing.  Just short of a month later there was an unplanned trip back to Decorah for a memorial.   :'(  Shocking and so sad.

This time for ATF I made up for what was lacking in 2020 -- lots and lots of hugs -- because they're nice, because I missed my fix due to 19 months of covid (except for bro ED), and just because I wanted to hug.  Hugs are nice.  Did some more catching up on Wednesday when ladies on my block got together for lunch after same 19 months.  Hugs are nice!  Just because - give some hugs to anyone when you get the urge.  Hugs are nice.  It would be nice to give Bob one more.

P       

kbshcb

« Reply #10363 on: July 27, 2021, 03:20:31 PM »

Puff - you got that right!

I went to have an annual physical this morning....hadn't been due to covid and Scott in more than 2 years...
Doc and I caught up in a long talking visit.....I could tell when I got up to leave she wanted to hug me.....I should have stopped, dang it....ya know professional and all she didn't push it....Still it was touching...
She gave me lots and lots of time this morning for a Medicare visit that doesn't pay that well as we all know.

It's what I missed while taking care of Scott last year and at his funeral.....I have some catching up to do!

BTW, all tests are normal so far...good to know.

kbshcb

« Reply #10364 on: July 27, 2021, 03:38:47 PM »

It's a "feels like 109" right now...think I'll head down early to the cold basement....Night all.