Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 69447 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #6435 on: May 04, 2021, 03:11:01 PM »

kb - That Border Collie story was magnificent. I'm passing it on. Thank you!! 8)

You are very welcome!....am thinking we might all have to start breeding Border Collies!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6436 on: May 04, 2021, 03:32:15 PM »

Bearstudy update
Shadow is Back! The 34 year old matriarch of Dr Rogers study and Spanky's mom  :-*

https://www.bearstudy.org/website/updates/daily-updates/4342-shadow-is-back-update-may-3-2021.html

All the bears written about by Dr Rogers (with the exception of Tasha, Holly, Lucky, and Ted) Shadow is their mother, grandmother, or great grandmother and so it goes..
Jewel is Shadow's granddaughter
RC is Shadow's daughter born 1999, her injured yearling this year is Shadow's granddaughter

Spanky

https://www.bearstudy.org/website/updates/daily-updates/4339-2021-spanky-update-april-27-2021.html

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6437 on: May 04, 2021, 03:34:09 PM »

Lani, Shadow looks very wise...aww, she almost got to see Spanky, her last cub! I read that he is 6 years old now...and she is 34! She has quite a Legacy!
My favorite Seekers song (same as kb's): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZf41UudAbI  Judith looks like the classic late 60's in this video! This one is a good bit
clearer.  :o :o

CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc.
LOGGERHEAD RELEASE:
This morning, we returned an adult female loggerhead sea turtle (#21-980) to the Gulf of Mexico at the West Wind Inn on Sanibel!
The turtle was rescued after she stranded on the beach on Don Pedro Island. She was very weak, thin and covered in barnacles when she arrived to our clinic on St. Patrick's Day. Veterinarians suspected she was suffering from brevetoxicosis, also known as red tide poisoning. After receiving treatment with intravenous lipid emulsion therapy (IVLE) and lots of rehabilitative care to gain back weight, she has made a full recovery just in time for sea turtle nesting season!

awww safe journeys!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6438 on: May 04, 2021, 03:39:10 PM »

Lisa, I think I read that BL and Pip have had the vaccine.  He is a big believer in vaccine and masks!  Bl, if I misread your comments do correct me.

Love the cardinals.  Have a nest some place in my yard.

Lani, Mikes eve drops will not help his lungs, sneezing, etc.   there are 3 really good otc  drugs that will make him feel much better! Good he is leaving town.  Be careful on the ladder, changing the filters!  Hope you ceilings are not too high.

Karen, eye drops helps his burning eyes, so he is able to work on his computer. He's following his gp's advice. And yes, it will be good for him to leave for a couple of days. Hugs for TA and thanks  :-*

Tsk, I don't remember changing vent filters in Kansas, but it's required here in Arizona. Maybe because of the environment, nothing but dust or sand in AZ.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6439 on: May 04, 2021, 03:58:19 PM »

Happy National Bird Day!!!!
]

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6440 on: May 04, 2021, 04:12:55 PM »

PEEPS  Not difficult to see how that cute Joey went viral!!

KB  Sounds like that scar should be manageable.  The vertical one maybe along your nose line so eventually not to obvious.?

TIG  Wouldn't you know it another "appliance" to be replaced.  1970's - guess it's about time   ;) ;)

LORI  What a wonderful exhibit of bird celebration for today  ;D ;D

Along with LORI's post I noticed my new oriole feeder that I put up on the first and has grape jelly and two orange halves in it - is inundated with ants esp on the oranges  :P :P :P.  So I ordered the ant moat from Amazon today and hope that will do the trick.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6441 on: May 04, 2021, 04:20:57 PM »

tsk - yes, along the nasal fold...could take a year though....I'm just happy it's fixed and I'm fairly comfortable right now...the rest will come along in due time.

Phyliz

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6442 on: May 04, 2021, 05:18:25 PM »

Haven't been back from Doc's too long thought I'd share these.
Tomorrow between 10am and 2:230pm dishwasher should be delivered. Gonna have to get busy tongiht to do Wednesday chores and early rise.
dinner eill be take out tomorrow
Tonght I hanve no idea.
Thanks for all the nests updatres and wildlife reports.  Will read later.
More later tomorrow.

Nature 365:
https://www.nature365.tv/video/2021-05-04-caterpillar-hunt
Cuckoo hunting caterpillars (here Eurpoctis chrysorrhoea) / France.
'The smarter you get, the less you speak. You grow to realize that not everyone is worth the confrontation."  Brad Turnbull

George Orwell, spot on '1984'    'Animal Farm'

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6443 on: May 04, 2021, 05:22:17 PM »

Lori - I hope you are feeling ok...thinking of you!  :-*

Hey girly!  Everything is fine.  Been having puter trouble was going to run it by OLDGUY... MS update messed up my drivers, been working on it for 2 days.  Iowa City tomorrow to doc.  How are you?  Been looking at diabetic recipes don't know much about the sugar amounts.  Hopefully your levels are doing fine. :) Have some nest updates to post & catching up to do.  I read MNDNR baby had fishing line in mouth, I saw a video of Dad pulling the line out of her beak. Hoping everything is ok now. They do make us worry don't they?  ;) DNN kids look ok after that storm. Will check in soon... love ya!

oldguy- Hi there!  On my Asus Zenbook I have windows 10 version 1909 os build 18363.1440. Some update was done even though I have pushed out the date on updates.  ::)  I tried to restore from previous backup before April 14th and it failed and I got the blue screen.  one thing after another... Here's my question... MS is stating that they will no longer "support" win 10 version 1909 so need to upgrade to latest.  I do not want their support, I do not want updates.  My old drivers are just fine. Do you know how I can go back to my original drivers from 10-2020 when I got this laptop?   I do not want ms updates from after that date either.  I would like to keep an older version of Win 10.  Is this possible?  I am backing up files & ready to wipe it clean if needed. Thank you!!!  Hi to Bootsy & Happy 22nd Birthday to your kitty!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyliz

« Reply #6444 on: May 04, 2021, 05:26:19 PM »

Sauces Bald Eagle Cam,  Channel Islands, California

MpMom
yesterday
7:29PM CST

&:54PM CST

Today
10:04AM CST
Having breakfast
'The smarter you get, the less you speak. You grow to realize that not everyone is worth the confrontation."  Brad Turnbull

Phyliz

« Reply #6445 on: May 04, 2021, 05:27:30 PM »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6446 on: May 04, 2021, 06:21:08 PM »

PHYLIZ  Another good 365.  Hope your new dishwasher meets all expectations.

LORI  Good luck tomorrow - Is this for the sinus issue or dentist?  So sorry about all your computer issues - when I have them they wreck my day until solved.

CLYNN  Is tomorrow Bella day?  Did you see Kay today?

Tomorrow should be a nice day here.  At 2 PM my exterior windows will be washed - YAY and I have 8 people helping to do a spring cleanup at the church garden I'm in charge of.  Also some teens coming from our teen group to help lift the bags of bark pieces that will go down when done with leaf blowing and weeding and trimming.  We'll meet at 4 - Dinner will be take out whenever I get home LOL
Chicagoland

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #6447 on: May 04, 2021, 06:31:35 PM »

Goodnight Beakers

Not too bad a day at work, tomorrow I will work 8-4. Went a did some shopping after work..
I made Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo for dinner, made him garlic bread and had a salad.. It was good,  I think I need to undercook it a bit next time..

OLDGUY Thanks for you Brat making info, I live how different we all do with them and same..  :) Minion cute. Bad Bad Leroy Brown was good! It's It's special sing for my family. Lol My family is from SS of Chicago, I have a cousin who's name Is Leroy, he is actually the third.. He is 6 foot 7 inches..It's a thing for our family...lol
LANI So glad that Mike's C-Pap is mobile, makes it so much easier for him. Yes I was tired last night, but I love getting stuff done! SWEET Iris Last night  :) Aww that fawn and flower :) Shadow she's an old girl.. Quite the Bear family  :)
KB Thats a good plan to not over do gardening.. I have to put things in.my phone to remember.. Key West how fun for your Sis and Hubby.. GOOD idea for California and Arizona! WOW those horns!!
LISA I feel very busy! I have my lazy moments as well, trust me.. lol Oh Bandit and his girl! Yes Tom's are so not tolerant of each other . YAY new tires and breaks for trip..Good deal..
LILBRO  :)
TSK Was chilly here as well today.. We had Sun thankfully  :) Oh goodness an Ant moat will certainly help! Love Orioles  :)
CLYNN This whole.week is Chilly and rainy and weekend! I will still enjoy family time  :) Oh sweet Cardinal and babies.. Legacy  :) Oh my that Tiger! That poor sweet Loggerhead  Sea Turtle, SO excited for her return  :) Great people at CROW  :)
JILL Sweet Robins nest :)
KAREN  :)
TIG Oh wow ancient mower!!
T40  :)
LORI National Bird Day! Great Birds!! DO glad to see your sweet sf here!! Hope your Computer problems iron out!
PHYLIZ Dishwasher soon!! Aww Sauces..

Have a good night SEDs and Birds!!
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL 
🦅🇺🇸💓

LisaG1967

« Reply #6448 on: May 04, 2021, 07:04:20 PM »

Pink - Glad that work was not too bad.  I have never tried spaghetti squash. 

Tsk - Sounds like you have a busy day planned for tomorrow.

Phyliz - Thanks for Sauces pics.  Hope all the bad weather has passed you.

Lori - Yikes, not computer troubles again!  Hopefully oldguy will have some answers for you.  Sugar levels have been ok, as I still have been watching what I eat.  Check out the Sauces cam and see the baby get banded, just a couple hours ago.

Have a good night everyone.

oldguy

« Reply #6449 on: May 04, 2021, 08:54:37 PM »

Lori - The blue screen of death is a techs worse fear...   :'(

Here are 3 videos that can give you some info on possible methods of recovery - view all before trying anything...

Asus How To Fix Blue Screen Error Critical Process Died   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UA1xUgWuKY
How To Fix Asus Blue Screen Error, Black Screen With Blinking Cursor, Boot Loop, BSOD   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ZagkSTcSI
How to Fix Asus Computer Blue Screen Error, Black Screen, Black Screen Blinking Curser   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0PnfJC5MO4

Apparently there is a recovery function built into your ASUS - that would be the first method I would try...
The 2 video mentioned that there is a way to reinstall windows from the Microsoft website, free of charge - but first you would have to be able to connect to the internet - not sure if that method is available to you.

I have version 20H2 on both of my systems - it has been very stable, even with all of add-ons that I have on my desktop.  I have never been successful in reverting to an earlier version of Windows - the only successful method I have used for a problem with an update, was to uninstall the update.   If you did not create a recovery disk when you first got the laptop, and the above videos do not get you running, then you may have to contact ASUS to see if you can purchase a recovery disk.  If these are not successful , you may need to purchase  a new disk or USB stick of Windows 10. 
I am not sure that it is possible to have a Win 10 that will not do some updates, regardless of update setting selection.

Good Luck...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah