Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 688379 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2021, 03:57:48 PM »

Happy New Years Day!   Taffy Apple and I were waiting very late last night for all the celebratory fireworks to stop before TA would venture outside for her last potty break!   Did sleep in this am. Getting ready to cook some mushrooms, a rib eye steak and Brussels sprouts.  No asparagus Lani and I don't think I have room for salad.
Tsk, I wanted to stop in and say that Barb can find the nest on Captiva!  It was posted that it is very close to the Gulf.  You can look back and find the post for specifics and it appears to be in a tree that is much taller than the surrounding vegetation!  Maybe. Even take a boat ride around the island!  Lol.   Off to the kitchen.  Oh Clynn, the kids look like they are having afun nye party!

LisaG1967

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2021, 04:05:28 PM »

The new gal at Berry aka Missy, as they call her laid her first egg today around 4:51pm, (no official time from Berry tho.)

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2021, 04:25:09 PM »

Add so is Ma Berry done? I saw a post where she was identified in the area...

LisaG1967

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2021, 04:43:24 PM »

lilbro - She is no longer at the nest area in Georgia.  Ma Berry was spotted in Alabama about 82 miles away from the nest by a photographer out taking pics one day.
I personally think she knew that she could not win a battle over the nest because of her wonky leg, so she just decided to retire. 

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2021, 04:47:36 PM »

OMG Clynn!!! First reading your description of your yummy sounding snowbank beverage, and now seeing what it looks like!   :P Girl, that looks wrong.  I'll bet it tastes good though! Lani's coconut creme looks yummy and Chi Chi sounds awesome.

Here is some Latina Horchata De Coco (Coconut Horchata) for the beak today... you can make lattes,  iced coffee, or traditional Horchata which takes a bit longer due to using rice... the creamer is quicker ;)  Also... someAlmond Joy Cheesecake bars & Coconut Creme Pie bars

Almond Joy Cheesecake bars & Coconut Creme Pie bars
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »

The new gal at Berry aka Missy, as they call her laid her first egg today around 4:51pm, (no official time from Berry tho.)

Congratulations!   ;D New life, new eaglets, new memories... I wish them the best... missing ((Ma Berry))  Thank for posting Lisa.  Will check in sometime, not quite ready yet.  :-\ 
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2021, 04:54:37 PM »

PHYLIZ  so what aisle is that Cream in - baking? or is it in the liquor dept?  You have to wonder at Sauces if it isn't something in the diet  - DDT ? that is causing the eggs to break.  That is more than accidental.

Just finished my puzzle - under a month  LOL
Your completed puzzle look fantastic!
It might be in baking.

Oh. I buy the cream of coconut in a flip top bottle. It's a while plastic bottle that says 'Cream of Coconut'.
Forget the brand though.
It's been ages since I bought mine. Once opened I refridgerate .
 Before using, give it a really good shake   One that makes the cat look surprized.
Like Maggie does when I shake anything. LOL
However, it can be bought online. Plus lots of useful info. at this link:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=where+can+you+find+coco+lopez+in+the+gorcery+store%3F&form=CHRDEF&sp=-1&pq=where+can+you+find+coco+lopez+in+the+gorcery+s&sc=0-46&qs=n&sk=&cvid=C72D766AF34646C280B8BB858B5FC2B6
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:06:57 PM by Phyliz »
“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

Phyl

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2021, 04:56:48 PM »

lilbro - She is no longer at the nest area in Georgia.  Ma Berry was spotted in Alabama about 82 miles away from the nest by a photographer out taking pics one day.
I personally think she knew that she could not win a battle over the nest because of her wonky leg, so she just decided to retire.

This is what I've thought, too.  Because of her 'wonky' leg.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:03:24 PM by Phyliz »

– Lewis Gannett

LisaG1967

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2021, 05:15:08 PM »

Phyliz - I hope Ma Berry is enjoying her retirement.  :-*

Lori - Those Almond Joy Cheesecake bars & Coconut Creme Pie bars look delicious!  I just hope for a successful season at Berry.  That nest deserves it.  :)

karen - Enjoy your dinner....sounds so yummy!

tig - Gotcha on the neighbors.  I had remembered you had trouble before.

kb - Hope nothing has happened to one of the Towers.   :-\

tsk - That is some colorful puzzle.....good going on getting it done in under a month.  Probably would have taken me a year!  ;D

Have a good night everyone.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2021, 06:16:49 PM »

KB  I bet Mrs Tower is keeping a nice egg or two warm.  That is a very unusual squirrel and not too intimidated by the monkey  :D  I have a 500 piece puzzle now I'm going to do.  Kitties and some yarn playing on a table.

KAREN  Thanks for that tip on nest location  I'll pass it on to Barb.

LISA  So Berry and NEFL will be on the same timetable this year.
Chicagoland

masswatch

• Stop enjoy the beauty of nature
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2021, 06:17:08 PM »

Evening Everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021 to everyone!!

Our steaks last night were delicous with rice.

We had pizza tonight, pepperoni, yummie

We watched the ball drop last night it was a good evening.

We took all our decorations down and its all put away.  It always looks funny not seeing them up after looking at them for a month.

Hope everyone has a nice evening
Masswatch  (Diane)

Mom (Love Her)
Dad (THE BEST - Forever in my Prayers)
Eagle Member April 2011

"Those Who Place Everything in God's Hands Eventually See God's Hands In Everything".

Phyl

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2021, 07:23:21 PM »

Photo by Larry1732 on flickr.  Outside of Las Cruces, New Mexico, Interstate 10
Roadrunner made entirely of trash.

– Lewis Gannett

T40cfr403

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2021, 07:37:51 PM »

Lori - Really enjoyed your playlist, you headbanger, you! 8)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2021, 09:41:23 PM »

OMG Clynn!!! First reading your description of your yummy sounding snowbank beverage, and now seeing what it looks like!   :P Girl, that looks wrong.  I'll bet it tastes good though! Lani's coconut creme looks yummy and Chi Chi sounds awesome.

Here is some Latina Horchata De Coco (Coconut Horchata) for the beak today... you can make lattes,  iced coffee, or traditional Horchata which takes a bit longer due to using rice... the creamer is quicker ;)  Also... someAlmond Joy Cheesecake bars & Coconut Creme Pie bars

Almond Joy Cheesecake bars & Coconut Creme Pie bars

Lori, oh yummm!!! Love coconut with anything! Well, I take that back. I don't like coconut and shrimp.lol
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2021, 09:41:30 PM »

Oldguy - Patio furniture arriving - wow!
Hi Jilltosa, Peep, Puff!
Karen, Clynn, Lani, Kb, Lori, LisaG, BL & All who have furry members of the family; Hope your little ones got thru the midnight hour alright with all the booming fireworks! I know how my little chihuahua 'Star' freaks out during loud chaos (from previous years), so I have pills from my vets office for moments like these, and I gave her 1/2 a pill in her dinner, and that helped her get thru all the extremely loud/bomb sounding illegal fireworks.
Lori - Lots of great music links last night!  :)
Phyliz - Lol!! (pots and pans)  ;D
Clynn - Cute Talon and Bella's NY Eve party!!  ;D
Pink - I totally understand. We have been doing the very same thing.
Tsk - I love your 1000 pc puzzle - you sure did that fast!
Hi Kb & Tig!
Happy New Year Mass & Lilbro!
Hi T40

Hope all had a nice New Year's Day!  It was a slow day around here (although we didn't party last night)! 

All have a good night - rest well  :)