Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 688383 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 10:48:11 AM »

Happy New Year Beakers!

Good morning Oldguy, Lori, Lisa, Tsk, Clynn, Tig, Pink, Lilbro, Eagles, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Masswatch, Baz, and All!

Tsk, safe travels for your in laws. Mike's older brother lives in Naples too.

Clynn, Love Talon's shirt, Bella is always having a good time! They both look very happy!  ;D :-*

Tig  :o

Oldguy, Maru cracks me up! LOL! And little Miri knows how to have fun too!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

PeepSpy

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 11:07:59 AM »

Freezing rain due to start any time now for possibly 2 or more hours. Ick!  :P
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

LisaG1967

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »

Morning Peep, Lani and kb  :)

tsk - Safe travels for Tim's bro and Barb.  Do they come back in May, or will you all be going down to visit? 

oldguy;D minion! Have a good day at work, and thanks for the celebrations.  :)

Pink - Have a good day with Meg and family!

tig - Oh my, same neighbors that always do it?

clynn - Oh no, your drink...Crisco floating!  ;D Cute, cute pic of Talon & Bella's NYE party! 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 11:24:35 AM »

Wow...71 degrees today!  Rained all night from 1am on. Mercy did I sleep in  9am OMG!
Jimmy off at 1pm today.  And, 48 tonight. The nightime freezes are a rollercoaster.
 Not that it matters to the world...leaving Christmas decorations up to  thru Epiphany.

Clynn looks like your munchkings are having such fun NYE. Esp. Bella.
Oldguy Maru is always funny;thanks for sharing. Take care on the roads
Lani lovely morning bird
Peep tread carefully if you venture out.
TSK coconut cream is same as Coco Lopez. Just look for this. You'll find it on shelf.

I have a can in my pantry. Safe journey for BIL/Barb
“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 11:28:41 AM »

Lani, what a unique picture! Yes, Talon & Bella are happy Munchkins! That Kinetic Sand they are playing with was a present from Grama, they will have another
surprise the next time I watch them because I got them the same thing to play with here! They love that stuff!

oldguy, that Maru can squeeze into almost any box!  The clear plastic window was a real treat! So cute, Miri trying to get the toy on the outside of the window!

tsk, the Cream of Coconut is in a can, Coco Lopez brand which I think is a good one. I think it is supposed to be the consistency of sweetened condensed milk if I
remember right...I just googled Cream of Coconut vs. Coconut Cream!  Cream of coconut vs coconut cream: what?s the difference? We?re glad you asked. Because while
they might sound like exactly the same thing, they?re anything but! There?s a distinct difference between the two products. They are NOT interchangeable!
Also, my
blender is not up to par (wedding gift, that's how old it is) so I ordered a new one that does the smoothies and ice blended drinks!

Pink, I woke up from my nap at 11:45 last night, just in time!

Peeps, we are to get 'snow showers' any minute , lasting for 3 hours or so... :( :(

Phyl, that is exactly what I have. The recipe calls for Coconut Cream, so I don't know...

Mike Nesmith (do you remember him?) Then and now...he is 78 today!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 11:34:19 AM »

Sauces Canyon Bald Eagle Cam...California
https://www.nps.gov/chis/learn/photosmultimedia/bald-eagle-webcam.htm

Since there's a problem with their web cam. Best viewing is here:
https://explore.org/livecams/bald-eagles/channel-islands-national-park-sauces-bald-eagle

Latest News (Updated 6/29/20): The breeding pair in 2020 is A-40 (aka Jak), who was produced by captive eagles at the San Francisco Zoo and released on Santa Cruz Is. in 2005, and A-48 (aka Audacity), who was produced by captive eagles at the San Francisco Zoo and released on Santa Cruz Is. in 2006. They laid eggs on 2/21, 2/29, 3/4, and 3/7, but all broke shortly after being laid. This pair has now broken 18 of 24 eggs that have been laid since Audacity took over the nest in 2013/2014. Hopefully they will have better luck in 2021. See http://www.iws.org/SC_Histo... for the entire history of this nest.

Thank you to everyone that donated to the eagle project during our annual Nest Adoption Challenge. Between March 20 and June 15 we raised $55,660 from 261 generous donors, which will help us continue our bald eagle restoration work on the Channel Islands. You can donate any time at http://www.iws.org/support....

For regular updates on these and all the other bald eagles we monitor on the Channel Islands, visit our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IW... and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/i... pages.
“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

LisaG1967

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »

clynn - My MawMaw use to make a coconut poke cake with the Coco Lopez, and not too long ago I tried to replicate the cake. When I opened the can my Coco Lopez looked just like that too.  I was disappointed, cause I do not remember it looking like that on her cake when she made it.  It was very smooth, white and creamy. I also thought something was wrong with the can, like it was expired or something. 

Phyliz - Thanks for the info on Sauces  :)

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2021, 12:32:40 PM »

Pink - I appreciate your candor and in no way am I here to suggest what people should or shouldn't do...Nope....I just report here what I find out...
You also are of a younger cohort than those of us who are older, not that younger people haven't died, they have. But, my concern is with those whom I know personally and love that are older and that have co-morbitidy's..and for that group indoor air for me is the most concerning and only wish when delivery or curbside pickup is so readily available that it was taken advantage of.
But to each their own really...We all have to make our own decisions...
when my neighbor shared that that was the only way she could have gotten it, it just upped my concern is all and thought I'd share that one data point.
Oh KB, sometimes I'm too frank.. I read all this not just from you and just wonder why? I'm in no way pointing out you are directing anything at me personally..I pray you know I'm not a a well   :)
🦅🇺🇸💓

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 12:40:04 PM »

Lisa, so I wonder what is wrong with it...it's not expired.  Oh well...enough about it.  ;D ;D It must be a common thing that sometimes it separates.

NEFL this morning...so sweet...

TY Sheri P
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 12:46:30 PM »

I suspected you weren't Pink, but it can't hurt to clarify...especially on the internet! :) :)

Son has new modem plugged in and activated...on a National Holiday we got a human to answer the phone to activate!..
Set up new router but lots of work yet to do he says.

Issue was very low internet speeds and old router was determined to be the problem..

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »

Hugs Pink, we all appreciate frankness... I do  ;D and as I age I become more direct. Sometimes my girls look at me and say "you sound like grandma" my MIL. She was very direct, but with love.  ;D

Clynn, I think that is a bad can of cream of coconut and doesn't have anything to do with your blender.  :-\
Aly cooks a lot of Thai food, she buys Thai coconut cream, but it is unsweetened.

Here is something I found for you, looks nice and creamy... makes me want to have a Chi Chi today!  ;D
https://stevethebartender.com.au/diy-cream-of-coconut-coco-lopez-alternative/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:12:36 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2021, 01:37:02 PM »

LANI  Sweet little bird  ;)

LANI  Told Barb she needs to go to Captiva and find the nest  LOL  She said "Do you know how much land that is? " LOL  Didn't know Mike's older brother lives there.

PEEPS  Between freezing rain and drizzle here.  Hovering at 32 degrees.

LISA  They are home by May 1.  They just winter down there. Snowbirds. ;D  I send them their mail ever 7-10 days

PHYLIZ  so what aisle is that Cream in - baking? or is it in the liquor dept?  You have to wonder at Sauces if it isn't something in the diet  - DDT ? that is causing the eggs to break.  That is more than accidental.

KB  sounds like you are taking the computer project step by step with success  ;D

CLYNN  I'll be googling "kinetic sand"  ;)  Good to know about the difference in "coconut terminology"  - which is it that you need for the drink?

Just finished my puzzle - under a month  LOL
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:38:37 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2021, 01:46:09 PM »

tsk -  nice on the puzzle!..I just got us a 500 piece new one...that's enough for me! esp if I want to eat on a dining room table.

Yes, slowly success is happening..with tech issues...the hardest part is getting past the robot prompts to comcast and get a human on the phone...that's the hard part...LOL

kbshcb

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2021, 02:29:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1343304396751310848
this is so funny..macaque monkeys watch the squirrels to see which fruit are ripe and then it's like "move over buddy" it's mine!.
The squirrels in this video are not like any squirrels we have here. Very pretty with very long tails actually.

BTW still only 1 eagle visiting today....we shall see.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2021, 03:33:13 PM »

Lisa, no. Longstanding issues are next door. New one is across street to the back and a couple over (we have a street in front and a street in back, no alley). The one in back is a city-owned property? Gets lots of turnover. I reported one of their vehicles that has not been moved since the Christmas snowfall.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)