Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 686313 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #18435 on: December 31, 2021, 10:00:39 AM »

Hi Lilbro,  Eagles, Jilltosa, NR, Puff...

Karen seafood ...gumbo . We need a 'licking your chops' emoji
Lani nice dinner tomorrow. Shannon got a raise...cool.
Pink oh got it. I mis-read. They are lucky. Enjoy yourselves , safely.
Clynn Winter  storm for you, yikes! I intend to get a photo of the cake for you. It's 3 layers...used three pans filling only half each . I'm nervous about the creme frosting
Jaspurr be sure to add 'extra' to that eggnog. Clynn has a good idea  LOL

Speaking of emojis. Does anyone know how that one,  Forum has  with the 'tongue out'    :P  is suppose to be used. Been wondering off and on
and not sure how to use. Is it akin to sticking one's tongue out  in mockery, insult or tease? Or what? I haven't been able to find a 'definition'.

Shelter was here and gone 8am-9am. Guess the 'rain' forecast prompted them to  hit the road.
I've lost another 2lbs . But that won't last long after this weekend .  >:(

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 10:02:13 AM by Phyl »
#Pray for Kentucky

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

LisaG1967

« Reply #18436 on: December 31, 2021, 10:13:38 AM »

Phyl - I use Skype to communicate with Jeff during the day while he is at work.  Skype has emoji's too that you can use when posting back and forth.  The "sticking the tongue out" one on their means cheeky.  On another program, I have seen it being used got yum. 

oldguy

« Reply #18437 on: December 31, 2021, 10:19:16 AM »

Speaking of emojis. Does anyone know how that one,  Forum has  with the 'tongue out'    :P  is suppose to be used. Been wondering off and on
and not sure how to use. Is it akin to sticking one's tongue out  in mockery, insult or tease? Or what? I haven't been able to find a 'definition'.

Phyl - I use it in the case of 'I did something that I did not like but had to do' or ' I don't like that, as in a certain food or type of activity'  So would typically be translated to "YEECK" or "Yuck"
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #18438 on: December 31, 2021, 10:26:08 AM »

CLYNN  That storm will begin here around noon but the most will occur between 2 and 7 PM  4-8" is our prediction.  Then the deep freeze on Sunday AM.  So we are just a bit later than you tomorrow.   LOL speaking of fit and organized.  Tim just agreed to get rid of calendars going back about 10 years and files from the basement - from out past 2 houses  LOL  also stuff on boats he no longer has - filled a grocery paper bag - YAY!!   I remember when Mike was gone a year at a time and that is when Lani had to move to the new home in the Nat;l forest from the desert.  :o :o

PHYL  There you are back again - Did you sleep???   I use the tongue out emoji to mean - " oh poo" or " " disgusting" or " " I don't like that" Reading OLDGUY - I agree  " Yuck"
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #18439 on: December 31, 2021, 10:26:56 AM »

CLYNN  That storm will begin here around noon but the most will occur between 2 and 7 PM  4-8" is our prediction.  Then the deep freeze on Sunday AM.  So we are just a bit later than you tomorrow.   LOL speaking of fit and organized.  Tim just agreed to get rid of calendars going back about 10 years and files from the basement - from out past 2 houses  LOL  also stuff on boats he no longer has - filled a grocery paper bag - YAY!!   I remember when Mike was gone a year at a time and that is when Lani had to move to the new home in the Nat;l forest from the desert.  :o :o

PHYL  There you are back again - Did you sleep???   I use the tongue out emoji to mean - " oh poo" or " " disgusting" or " " I don't like that" Reading OLDGUY - I agree  " Yuck"

I'm next!  :P ::)
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #18440 on: December 31, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »

Here is an update from Denver 7 TV tonight - fire started by power lines mid day Thursday

In-Depth coverage of the Marshall Fire that destroyed more than 500 homes in Colorado   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d-NnuM2vFQ

Here is hoping that T40 is safe and unaffected by this fire storm

Oldguy, this is terrible, prayers for T40 and all  :'(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

PeepSpy

« Reply #18441 on: December 31, 2021, 10:40:56 AM »

My Grandmother always said that eating pork on New Years brings good luck!  :)
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #18442 on: December 31, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »

Happy New Years Eve Beakers!
Morning Jaspurr, Oldguy, Baz, Phyl, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Tsk, Karen and TA, Clynn, Peep, Lori, Puff, Kb, Tig, Jilltosa and All!

Peep, In the midwest eating Black eye peas on New Year's Day brings good luck. I made it once in the late 70's and had the worse winter ever! Never did it again, or ate it at any of the New Year's Day parties we went to. LOL! Growing up in Hawaii, we just cooked a pig in an under ground oven, invited the neighborhood, had a feast and had a party with fireworks.  ;D

Karen, Gumbo, shrimp and oysters! Oh yum!!!  ;D

Clynn, Shannon will probably bring pizza up when Mike's out of town.  ;D. What are you, Ed and Kelsey doing tonight? Love your morning pics!

Phyl, The steak dinner is for tonight, when Shannon's year.... I don't know what we'll have for New Year's Day. It'll be Mike's choice.  ;D You've had a busy morning on this last day of 2021.  :) I missed Starbuck's Eggnog Latte... thanks for the history of New Year's resolution. I stopped making them years ago, I just pray we all grow well, healthy and at peace with the decisions we make as we travel through our chosen paths.  :) ... I use the tongue emoji as a signal of Exasperation or Confusion (with myself) LOL!

Jaspurr, I googled Mockingbird last night and listened to its song. It's beautiful and long. I don't know how many times it repeats its phrases.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #18443 on: December 31, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »

I use the tongue sticking out emoji as like:

Nanana Boo Boo....

A tease...

jaspurr

« Reply #18444 on: December 31, 2021, 11:01:24 AM »

LANI, The bird actually sings at great lengths in musical phrases that are pure mockingbird song. As the bird sings, it repeats each phrase three to six times, and it can change its tune as often as eighty-seven times in seven minutes.

karengramke

« Reply #18445 on: December 31, 2021, 11:31:40 AM »

Love mocking birds!

PeepSpy

« Reply #18446 on: December 31, 2021, 12:01:34 PM »

All the little white blobs!  ;D

Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

PeepSpy

« Reply #18447 on: December 31, 2021, 12:04:33 PM »

Reggae beginning to munch on a leaf bigger than himself!  ;D

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 12:06:45 PM by PeepSpy »
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #18448 on: December 31, 2021, 12:12:51 PM »

I know you've used this one before...I love it. Soooooo funny

Oldguy many thanks . I like your/Tsk defination best.
You mentioned you weren'tr finding fresh minions to post..have you seen this page? .https://www.pinterest.com/pin/715931672022986060/
Kb  many thanks for your in put. Emojis are confusing
Lani  l uv the blooming pine cones...a new year is about to 'bloom'.
Tsk I woke up about 8am -ish....4 hrs.  I usually go on that amount these days. Karen, kindly so and most welcomed, told me I ought to get more sleep. I endevor to do better.  And that is one of my new' life goals' for 2022!

This is what I do when I crush and eat my pills in the morning.... :P :P :P
#Pray for Kentucky

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #18449 on: December 31, 2021, 12:14:10 PM »

If you watch the Estonia osprey nests you often hear the cuckoos!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WcxRaMmIM
                                                            Here is the mockingbird!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYgQWbgfvk
Both beautiful! I can't wait this spring to take the Merlin Bird ID out to a woods somewhere!

Lani, love that pine cone opening up! Amazing!  We don't have anything planned for tonight, will probably watch tv and fall asleep!  So will
Shannon come up tonight?

Peeps, maybe I will cook some pork chops tomorrow! We all need some good luck! Lots of blobs on the rocks!

tsk, now that is an accomplishment, to get the man to get rid of some stuff...I hope I can have that thrill in 2022!

I always thought of the tongue out emoji as 'neener, neener, neener...'   ;D ;D

Phyl, your cake will be beautiful!

Lisa, you need to try a breakfast pizza!  This is a good one you can get at Walmart!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown