Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 427191 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #16605 on: November 29, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »

Lol on the woolworth  prices! Well, inflation will bring all of us on social security an increase of almost 6%!   Might help some Phyllis but will not come until the payment beginning with the check for January.
TA is exhausted from her trip to the vet!  Came home and jumped on the sofa and has not moved!  Funny girl!  Barked the whole way there.  Quiet coming home.
Thanks for the picture and write up on sefl

kbshcb

« Reply #16606 on: November 29, 2021, 05:36:51 PM »

and as usual my supplemental Part B went up 9 percent and my part D went up 7 percent...always happens whenever there is a ss increase which is rare these days...haven't yet seen if there is a Medicare deductible increase yet for next year....total wipes out the SS increase...I swear it's all planned...
Ha.. ;)

karengramke

« Reply #16607 on: November 29, 2021, 06:03:15 PM »

On the plus side KB, insurance costs seem to go up every year and with the increase in ss you have more cash to spend this time.  Look for the silver lining.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:46:19 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #16608 on: November 29, 2021, 06:17:00 PM »

LILBRO     LOLOL  You just getting up at 2:07 today?

CLYNN   Good thing I didn't use a different preposition  LOLOLOL  I'm blushing. :-X ::)  I expect the munchkin can help with the tree Grandma on Wed.  ;) ;)  Never ate at a Woolworths but do remember saving up 25 cents and my friend and I would walk to the mall Boston Store and in the basement sit at the counter and have a brownie sundae  :o

PEEPS  Very cool flash mob - I've not seen that one before.  Love the kettle drums at the end  ;D  Never saw lyrics to it either  ::)

LISA   Interesting what we remember as kids  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #16609 on: November 29, 2021, 06:27:43 PM »

tsk - Mama and I were just having that conversation yesterday, about things I remember as a kid. 
I had to read that sentence twice about Tim’s drawers…  ;D

Karen - Poor TA…rough day at the vets. 

Have a good night everyone.

nrstooge

• I am the eagle I live in high country...
« Reply #16610 on: November 29, 2021, 06:55:39 PM »

Evening everyone!  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Spent Thanksgiving with my sister and her family - Erik kitty is frail and so I didn't stay too long after the meal (but I did dry the dishes).  The holiday decorations are up and I'm sitting here finishing a pot of peppermint tea - used my holiday tea set  :D  The tree is full of snowflakes I'd made last year (crochet).

Love and blessings to all.

PeepSpy

« Reply #16611 on: November 29, 2021, 07:34:49 PM »

::)

Happy and healthy New Year! 🔔💖⭐

Puff

« Reply #16612 on: November 29, 2021, 07:55:22 PM »

I've been watching money figures for years. . .Many years at this point.

Within 10% the raise of SS will be matched by a raise by the cost of Medicare, kb.  I know many who like to celebrate and anticipate the SS raise.

Another interesting thought for mulling over - it is good to have more or extra money total to spend.  But at the bottom of the sales slip there is extra money being collected from you for that piece of paper, it's called sales taxes.

Another interesting discussion might come up in a couple of months when your 2021 taxes are filed.  You all do know that the extra money you are being "given" will be raising the amount of income, ergo the taxes due on that higher YTD total.
Yep, those bonuses and raises from your company or the higher rate per hour bumps you up to another bracket.  Tax brackets for 2022 will be higher again.

No way am I complaining or moaning, just calling it as it goes.  The only ones who don't worry just happen to be those who have accountants and money managers -or- the ones elected who are the power behind the making of the rules/laws.  Sounds like a winning deal whatever side of the aisle they are - make the rules that they themselves also have to follow.  Humph!

But let me be clear. . .I'm not moaning, not complaining.  I just state the rules of the road.  We still have by far the best bargin going in this world.

P         

Puff

« Reply #16613 on: November 29, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »

LILBRO     LOLOL  You just getting up at 2:07 today?

CLYNN   Good thing I didn't use a different preposition  LOLOLOL  I'm blushing. :-X ::)  I expect the munchkin can help with the tree Grandma on Wed.  ;) ;)  Never ate at a Woolworths but do remember saving up 25 cents and my friend and I would walk to the mall Boston Store and in the basement sit at the counter and have a brownie sundae  :o

PEEPS  Very cool flash mob - I've not seen that one before.  Love the kettle drums at the end  ;D  Never saw lyrics to it either  ::)

LISA   Interesting what we remember as kids  ;D

Tried to remember - missing a few things.  I never ate at Woolworths.  But I did get soda and there was something else like a snowcone soda.  A cone shaped paper cup filled with chipped ice and covered with rootbeer.  What was it called?  Cost a nickel.

P

Puff

« Reply #16614 on: November 29, 2021, 08:03:54 PM »

::)

Only shows to go you -- many paths open on the way to fame and riches.   LOL

P

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #16615 on: November 29, 2021, 08:05:54 PM »

peepspy--thanks for the Japanese flash mob of Mr. B's 4th movement of his 9th Symphony.
Especially thanks for the translation....first time I ever saw one....and thanks for reminding me of the Zen-high I got singing it back in Mankato in the 70's.  Mankato choirs joined up with the Rochester college choir under the direction of Maestro Herman Herz and we did the whole symphony (all four movements).  Singing the 4th gets you really high and I think Beethoven's genius found a way of giving the singers a yoga-like breathing exercise.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #16616 on: November 29, 2021, 08:49:28 PM »

Oldguy - You did good to be able to have a 7.5 hr work day with taking care of your furnace. Good!
Lani - Good for you in organizing and filing for Mike.  I'm sure you worked to clear the top of the desk!
Hi Jas :)
LisaG - Did Bradley enjoy having TG with his gf and her family?
Clynn - Good to know that butterflied chicken and spatchcock chicken are about the same technique of cooking the chicken! I learned something!
Hi Kb, T40, BL :)
Phyl - I filled my mercedes suv last week and it was 80.00+   :o
Karen - Wow, good for you in fulfilling your job position as being in charge of the Red Cross office in evac hospital.  When we break a glass over here, we pick up all the big pieces, then hubby vacuums thoroughly, then I vacuum thoroughly and I usually get just a few more fragments.  So vacuum thoroughly at least twice before you walk barefoot! ;)
Tsk - I too have to smile at if only Tim would let you get into his drawers! ;)
Clynn - Is that really a menu from Woolworth's?! Oh my gosh!! ;D
Nrstooge - Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your sis and her family. :)  I bet your tree is so cute with your crochet snowflakes! :)
Peek - Very interesting; Prince Charles and Ozzy Osbourne!
Puff - Thanks for SS info!
Hi Eburg :)
Pink, Lilbro,Tig, Lori :-*

All Beakers have a good night  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #16617 on: November 29, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »

A very different flash mob with amazing Japanese musicians performing Beethoven's 9th!  :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3lNaajK3Scc

BRAVO!!! That was fantastic Peep!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

PeepSpy

« Reply #16618 on: November 29, 2021, 11:13:56 PM »

A very different flash mob with amazing Japanese musicians performing Beethoven's 9th!  :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3lNaajK3Scc

BRAVO!!! That was fantastic Peep!  ;D
Thank you - and with a very young conductor!  :D
Happy and healthy New Year! 🔔💖⭐

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #16619 on: November 29, 2021, 11:33:00 PM »

My internet's been down all afternoon and most of the evening. I had planned on getting some more work done on my novel in the from of research.
But, w/o internet  access ... >:(    I don't write during the evening as it's too late and I'd be up all night in a typing frenzy. Once I start writing  I can't stop the flow.  And, if I start revising OMG ...be easy to skrew it all up and then, I'd cry   out of frustration.   ::)   Yes I save my work to the computer in a desktop folder by novel's name...that's the mother of all desktop folders! And, then I back the novel, websites and infor used for  writing aids and research, pictures , etc. onto a disk. Must be careful or that can get messed up. As it is I've not backed to CD ia  good long while  >:(

Jim's blood came back 'nor-mal'.  Being who he is,  not wanting to discuss 'private' things at work, he left out something from the imaging results. Which was there a very slight indication of
COPD. Which doesn't surprize me one iota. He spend over 30 yrs smoking  money in the form of tabacco cigarettes.   Stupid, stupid...stupid! 
 Blood potassium levels are perfect for age. So the supplements aren't needed. That was a waste of money to fill!    >:(

Tsk how so you make your gravy? I pretty much follow this recipe except I use c. starch VS flour as my mother and her mother and so on. The corn starch is smoother blending IMHO https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+to+make+a+perfect+gravy&qs=RI&pq=how+to+make+perfect+gravy&sk=AS2&sc=5-25&cvid=F778B502D8DC43F39F37BEBE1BFF7E38&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=3
If that doesn't work for you ...you can do as  a neighbor does...Campbells' Great for Cooking soups...pop the top, pour in pan and slowly heat and serve.
Nrstoog glad you had a nice Thanksgiving at your sisters. Awwww poor Erik  :-* :-* :-* from me to him and Maggie sends her purrs to him. I bet your Christmas tree looks great!  Hugs and prayers
Puff the awful truth about Soc Sec and cost of living. Just part of ' The  Big Awful Truth'  :(
Hi Eburg
Karen thanks for the 'rest of your story. Glad the ocelot was helpufl to the convalesceing soldger. Interesting bit of back story on you as well.
Lisa i hope Bradley's  TG dinner with his gf's family went well.
Lani did  you like being a secretary today? I'm sure Mike appreciated all your needed help.
Clynn when I was age 16 my parents took me to Ashland Ky where my parents married, made there first home and my brothers were born. There was a Woolworths and she took me inside to the lunch counter...so I could experience the delicousness of a fountain soft drink and eggsalad sandwich  made the old fashioned way. Which by the way is eggsactly how she made her egg salad as  do I . That Wooworth is the very same Woolworth she worked as a teenager during WWII, while she was writting to my dad and later became his fiancée. I'll never forget that trip and seeing all the places that they told me  about...as we were there I could 'see' them as they once were. And, now, all I have to do is close my eyes .  ;)

Good Night and SEDs
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:04:36 AM by Phyl »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale