Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 435422 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #14730 on: October 27, 2021, 06:14:03 PM »

Ed is feeling much better, he finally started doing laundry and he worked todY, just a bit later than usual!
He and Kelsey just left for their usual Wednesday evening activity, going to visit a friend on the other side of town. We have known him since we
moved here in '96. He and his wife had a bicycle rental place by the lake, Ed rented many times from them. His wife died last year, breast cancer.
April, when the covid was just starting and no one could have funerals. It was so sad, he worshipped her. Ed has worried about him, afraid he
might be suicidal...so they visit every Wednesday, he usually cooks something for them.

Lisa, I occasionally have liquid stuff in the back of the fridge freeze. Once it was basically freezing everything so I called the repairman and
eventually paid over $400 for the repairs. Now it's just the occasional item. Then I had water on the floor coming from underneath, so I called them
in again. There was a kink in the ice maker line, that was $128 to have a new flexible metal line put in. I told them that should be a free repair since
they are the ones that moved the refrigerator and kinked the line!  They just laughed at me.

tig, glad you explained your meaning for werk, I never knew that was what you meant, that you hated work!

Pink, cool, rainy damp day here too.  Hope you got your Power Nap. I need those now and then too!

baz, now you make me wonder what major bank you worked with!  Oh, I remember Y2K at Wells Fargo, we had a huge group of people working
on the project. We were still downtown and they brought a big generator and put it in the back of the building. Everyone was holding their breath at
midnight 12/31/99! Sounds like you have had a very impressive career!

One of the best baking tips ever.
I have done this many times and it really works great. If you need to soften butter quickly but don't want to MELT it, Put boiling hot water in a glass to
heat the glass. Dump the water out and flip it over your stick of butter. In a few minutes it will be softy soft to use!

Looks like Talon & Bella kids won the contest!

A breezy day at Decorah North!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #14731 on: October 27, 2021, 06:18:28 PM »

TIG   LOLOL  So that's where it comes from!!! werk  ;D  good visual.  I think you are on to something there!!  I happen to be reading  " the best quotes of Bishop Sheen" right now LOLOL

PEEPS  Very interesting on the sandhills.  Makes me think how much a veterinarian must know.  Maybe they get the basics in a couple years and then branch off into a specialty.

BAZI  Wow you know a lot about all that stuff that is Greek to me.  You must have loved math  LOL  Any more opportunities to go to the beach?

LISA  I have the specila recording as I have a church meeting at 7:30 - Hope I can stay awake.  Just finished an hour in the church garden with only 1 other person showing up to help.  I hate being in charge and not have a very responsible team to help.  In the spring I will advertise in the church bulletin for more help.  I'm beat

PINK  Glad you had some time to stop in today.  Enjoyed "so many choices, so little time"  LOL

CLYNN  Good idea on the butter - I just nuke mine  LOLOL  Good to hear Ed is catching up on all his husbandly duties  ;) 
Breezy day at Decorah  ;D

Bought a 4 pack of Glucerna shake.  He wants nothing to do with it.  I'd rather eat vegetables for a snack  ( which have been in the frig for 2 days now untouched ) sigh...
Chicagoland

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #14732 on: October 27, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »

🦅🇺🇸💓

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #14733 on: October 27, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »

Okay...dental visit went well. My DOS said all was healing nicely and on track. Keep doing what I've been doing for the next 10-14 days .
Also, I can resume my sinsus flushing ...this isn't with a Neti Pot. But, I use pharmacutical grade salt (sterile) ,distilled water and a sanitized measureing cup then snort and hork. Enough said. Wouldn't you agree?  ;)
We've been 'victums' serveral times--- :-[ to admit. Not just Cr Cd but check fraud by a charity I'vt donated to for 20yrs. No one is immune I fear.

Lisa I m skimming thru the day's posts as well. Yeah,  I think I m more gentle with my specks than with Maggie. Bradley doing okay then? Good
Jaspurr  It's all cool.  ;)    you haven't been here that long and I don't usually chat that much...I don't think.
Tig so when I get hacked off about 'work'  and then when I type 'werk' the world will know how PO'ed I am about work.     ;D  Far out!
Karen thank you for the idea to inquire about have Maggie's Cosequin in a cream to massage in her ear. We are doing well after the boosters and flu vax. T/Y for asking
Lani  So, sorry about your long awaited shipment of dryer parts...Nashville is encircled by a civil war established RR  and  seriously, I haven't seen any big rigs zooming down I24 or I440 or the like, lately.  Yummie Halloween cup cakes
ClynnBella  She'll miss you---alot! So I don't for get, St Christopher be with you all  on your journey and stay. Relieved SE27 was found and will be cared for properly. Nice tip on the butter softening; glad Ed is feeling better and he's able to finish his projects; congrats to the 'Talon/Bella' kids; tks for DN nest update photos looks pretty breezy
Oldguy finally some classic Halloween songs-luv the Quarrintine Kids. Tks for the kitty vids and Aussie bird nerd vid.  The hand written 'Thank You's will be nice for your guest to receive and all.
Baz thank you!
Pinkpoor baby for sure. Wonderful outcome, yes! Thanks.
Tsk I don't think a healthy heart wuld have such a long report. Every  node in his heart was 'firing off"  in random order. On the lighter side of my 'Mummy' post...I had a good LOL at myself ...When I typed  the doc as saying ,  "Your heart has a lot of 'ectopy' going on...well both Jim and I heard her say that in that way. But it later dawned on me that what she actually said was "Your heart has a lot of 'activity' goin on..."    :-[     I later searched and learned that Ectopy, medically speaking is a congential  mis or mal positioning of the heart usually outside of the thoraic cavity. Boy did we hear that one wrong!  :-[

Well...Jim has all the new shrubs 'planted' and in the ground. The three cost about $200. They look wonderful and  so nice. Time to move on to the next project and so it goes.
I hope I 've gotten all the posts replied to  and my facts correct.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 07:04:05 PM by Phyl »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

PeepSpy

« Reply #14734 on: October 27, 2021, 06:51:32 PM »

Aw Tsk, what flavor did you get?  I thought the Butter Pecan tasted like melted ice cream. But then all I was eating was 3 or 4 of those a day if I could keep them down. Radiation burned my throat and my mouth was still healing. It was very strange, but I did not feel hungry.
Happy and healthy New Year! 🔔💖⭐

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #14735 on: October 27, 2021, 06:55:16 PM »

Good Night ...
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

oldguy

« Reply #14736 on: October 27, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

It has been a busy day here - I got all of my sister's mail today, that covered about 40 days.  I spent about 2 hours just opening and reading the mail.  I was very pleased to see only 4 bills and financial info for 5 banks/investments.  I now know that there is more than sufficient cash available to pay funeral costs and to settle the estate.
I also received word from the Law office that the paperwork has been approved by the court and I am now officially the Executor of the Estate.

I am working 8-5 the next 2 days - so will try to post each evening...

So more videos...

Funny Joke - A Priest And A Lawyer Walking Into A Bakery   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3SuHv1Zjw

Here is the Shocking Truth of Dog Snack   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0x_wDvgjsQ

This is 2 stories - the second story occurred a few years ago in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Animal Keeps Crashing Place Of Worship, No One Knows Why   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7sGm5-ikR4

It has been a couple of months since this Daddy Daughter Duet has posted ...
Breath of Heaven-Mat and Savanna Shaw   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6VGVXjGLBQ

The Wednesday Addams Dance   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DUZa947FBg

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #14737 on: October 27, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »

tig - need to install one of those leaf catchers around my whole yard!  ;D 

Pink - Hamburger soup sound delish!  I just checked, the setting on the fridge says, recommended.  But there is one area in the back of the fridge where the cans were that gets very cold.  That same area is also where there is some vents in the freezer section up top.  The freezer is set on recommended too. 

Have a good night everyone.

Lisa, LOL on Tig’s leaf catcher around your whole yard. Looks like that line of severe weather that caused so much tornado damage to southeast Texas and Louisiana today is getting close to Mobile. I hope you family there will all be on alert and safe. It’s coming to my part of my state of NC late tomorrow and tomorrow night. My fridge same as yours… one spot in back of top shelf sometimes froze canned drinks, so I tried to avoid them being back there. Same setup with the freezer vent as your fridge. Right now my fridge is b-r-o-k-e-n!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #14738 on: October 27, 2021, 07:56:43 PM »

Clynn, that’s so nice of Ed and Kelsey to visit that friend regularly. So sad for him. Thanks for the butter softening trick. Guess that would work for those bricks of cream cheese, too. I missed what the contest was. But it looks like the kids got a pie in the face! LOL. Cute pic. Y2K was a real trip for banks, wasn’t it!?! Oh, the Norths! They got Big Hair today!  :-*

Tsk, I bet if the Glucerna is in the front of the fridge, one will go missing. Eventually? LOL. Maybe not. When you advertise for more garden team members, say, “Slackers need not apply.”  ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #14739 on: October 27, 2021, 08:38:58 PM »

Night Beakers. Stay safe. Peace.

PeepSpy

« Reply #14740 on: October 27, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »

There are Pelicans on the Anacapa Peregrine Falcon Cam!  :)
https://explore.org/livecams/falcons/peregrine-falcon-anacapa

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #14741 on: October 27, 2021, 10:15:38 PM »

Pink - So glad the hawk stuck on the front of the semi was ok! What a miracle!
Phyl - Good to hear that your dentist appt went well!
Oldguy - Glad that you are officially the executor for your sis. Good for you for taking care of things.  I know its no fun and it really is a lot of work and also some heartache. You are doing wonderfully really well on behalf of your sister.
Clynn - So nice of Ed to visit that friend on a regular basis.
Peep - Beautiful pelicans.  Nothing showed when I clicked on the link. ???
Tig - yes! Your leaf barrier is working really well!!
Baz - Sounds like you had an interesting job!
Pink - Hope you got your power nap in!
Peep - Like your flamingo sunrise!
Clynn - Since you asked about Kris; in a few ways (very few) he has taken baby steps at being better.  But last night he got a pain attack in the middle of the night and was moaning.  When the pain hits, he says his right side of his head feels like a hot iron has been set there.  I don't know what will happen. The doctor says it will take time.  Thank you for asking! :)
I hope SE27 - Sydney- will be alright. Thank goodness a ranger took her/him in to be evaluated.
Jaspurr - Be careful with leaving off meds!  Yes, I live on the central coast of CA.
Baz - Thank goodness the credit card fraud was caught pretty fast!! Very good.
Karen - After all the rain we had earlier in the week, we had temps in the low 70's the last couple of days.  Sounds kind of like your temps!
Lani - Cute morning pic!  Oh no, poor Sadie, I hope she feels better soon. She must have ingested something she shouldn't have. I feel so sorry for her.
LisaG - Glad you had a little visit with Bradley today!
Clynn - Just read that Ed is feeling much better, that is definitely wonderful news!
Hi Tsk, Jilltosa, Lori  :)
{{Blschue & Bill}}

All Beakers have a good night  :)

PeepSpy

« Reply #14742 on: October 27, 2021, 10:29:43 PM »

It's black because it is nighttime right now, E4. They don't have a night cam on that Explore site.  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #14743 on: October 28, 2021, 12:25:05 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #14744 on: October 28, 2021, 12:54:53 AM »

karen, the fireplace is gas, the mice are not in the fireplace, they seem to be between the bricks and metal box of the hearth.

Lisa, glad your visit went well... I've had frameless glasses for years, no problems....  dryer motor/switch are still sitting in Phoenix.  :(

Tsk, I forgot about the osprey doc! I hope I can watch it this weekend with my PBS Passport.

Pink, I'm going to have to look for my Hamburger soup recipe. It was the girl's favorite growing up. I haven't made it in years. I need to check my recipe box. "So many choices, so little time"  ;D ... awww poor hawk, glad it was rescued and will be taken care of, and hopefully released.

SED Baz and Zippo

SED Jaspurr, Tiaki is only 519 miles from Chile  ;D

Phyl, glad your appt went well. I'm trying to understand what you wrote about Jim's heart, but since he planted the shrubs in the ground, he must be okay.  :)  Love your good night pic!  ;D ;D ;D I love watching the original Boris Karloff Frankenstein.  ;D

Clynn, how sad about your friend, and very special of Ed and Kelsey to spend time with him once a week. Glad Ed is feeling better. .. what contest did Talon and Bella win?! LOL! Mom and Dad look adorable!  ;D ;D ;D ... Love the Norths's breezy look right at the cam! Perfect timing! LOL!

Oldguy, good news that things are coming together as you deal with your sister's estate. I send prayers. Thanks for the links. I watched Nala and Dean's new vog today, as well as Walter Santi's, good ones. I was reading today officials are suggesting putting a bomb in La Palma volcano  :o

Peep, thank you for the link to Pelican cam.

Eagles, I'm so sorry Kris suffers so with this.  :(

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers Family, and Friends, Peace be with you tonight and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, RubyRed246, Ezee, Oldguy, Karen, Lindy, Lori, Baz, ssrl, Firetruck, Jilltosa, Pink, Jaspurr, Tsk, Eagles4, Lisa, Maxie, Masswatch, Blschue, DeborahG, Paulie, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Marrymo, Puff, Smb, Naimoj, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Oldguy and family, Karen, Eagle's Kris and son, Lisa's family, Peep's friend's family, Pink's Cowen and Kenzie, Lori's grandma Helen, Tsk's BIL, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Baz great niece,  Tsk's friend, Tig and Camper, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Mrs. Oldguy, Pink's Morgan, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Kris, Blschue and Bill, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For our service dogs in Afghanistan, Maggie, For Little One and all those like her, Iris, Jojo, Eagles's Star, Tiaki, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom, Dewey, GSB Michelle, Juliet and Romeo, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
[/quote]
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander