Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 435404 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #14715 on: October 27, 2021, 11:54:17 AM »

BAZI   What a mess with the glass.  Hope Zippo is not a floor walker!!  Thanks for answering the question about your bank.  Quick response.

KAREN   That is just Walgreens I can speak to.  Don't know what other places are doing

OLDGUY   What would we do without you!!!!!!  You are a wealth of information  Thanks so much  ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-*  What a cute piece with the kookaburras  ;D   Loved the Loud Cat story  - beautiful coloring.   Maru and swing  ;)

LANI  Love your AM pic  ;D   Hope Sadie feels better - Yes you never know what they pick up in a day.

Reminder about the PBS osprey program tonight
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:14:15 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #14716 on: October 27, 2021, 12:59:27 PM »

Tsk, Publix is doing it as wwell!   At least here they did.   I have been getting it there for some time. So they have a record.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #14717 on: October 27, 2021, 01:10:49 PM »

bounce

Hugz all....

Thanx Clynn (and/or OldGuy?). The word werk has taken on many meanings over the years. The two closest for me 1. I hate Work, so I type Werk. 2. This memory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgecgpCfAYo

I installed it just in time!!! So far, so good...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:41:18 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #14718 on: October 27, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »

Tig, your misspelling of work reminds me of a grade school classmate who repeatedly spelled they, Thay.   The teacher became some what annoyed with this and I cannot tell you how many times or how long this boy spent at the blackboard writing They!   I have  lost track of him so I do not know how he spells it now.   This was long before spelling was taught with phonetics.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #14719 on: October 27, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »

Oh, such sad/good news about se27!    Hope this babyhas a swift and complete recovery!

Phyl, the covid boosters are the same as one covid injection.  It is half because you get one shot, not two,   They are giving actual half doses to young children.   Good luck at the oral surgeon!

Tsk, i did not realize they were giving the old folks flu shot automatically.   Good idea.

Lani, do you think you still have mice?  How can they live with the fire on?  Forget, is your fireplace gas or wood burning?  The later would surely smoke them out!  Good mouse guard!

Sorry Ed is still feeling poorly.  I am sure you will use your extra time to good advantage tho.   Will miss Wednesday with Bella!   Two weeks in a row!

Good temps here.  Cool and sunny!  Perfect!

Karen, the Moderna booster is in fact a half dose - It is equal to half the amount typically used in either the 1st or 2nd Moderna shot.  You can verify this info at the FDA.gov site info for the Moderna booster.  A full dose is 100mcg of Moderna, but the booster Moderna dose for adults is half that, at 50 mcg (given as a .25 mL shot versus a .50 mL shot).  The Pfizer booster is a full dose equal to the same Pfizer dose in either the 1st or 2nd adult Pfizer shot.

Page 1 of this: https://www.fda.gov/media/144637/download - "FACT SHEET FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS ADMINISTERING
VACCINE (VACCINATION PROVIDERS)"

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-takes-additional-actions-use-booster-dose-covid-19-vaccines (see the last paragraph under the section, "Authorization of Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Booster Dose."  There are 2 other references in that same article to the fact that Moderna's booster is a half dose.

Also a good reference on this from the FDA is:
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/moderna-covid-19-vaccine
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:04:45 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

PeepSpy

« Reply #14720 on: October 27, 2021, 01:54:19 PM »

Happy and healthy New Year! 🔔💖⭐

baziunc

« Reply #14721 on: October 27, 2021, 02:16:06 PM »

BAZ, you will probably never know who or how they got your credit card info.  I never expected they would get mine.  Now when someone asks me to open a credit card, ie Walmart, Target, Kohl's etc, I tell them no thank you.  I cancelled all my cards and only have my card from NFCU.

Jaspurr, I'm aware!  It's a dark world out there in cyber land, isn't it?  I worked 15 years for a large financial organization in Systems and Development, and have a long history of fraud and security and privacy experience.  I canceled all but 1 store credit card way, way, way back in the time machine, and all my financial organization credit cards except for 1 credit card with each of the 2 different major banks I do most of my banking business with.  I also locked all my info with all 4 credit reporting agencies a long time ago, to help protect me in the event someone tried to use stolen info to get credit or loans in my name.  As you know, nothing is a 100 percent, and there is no such thing as being 100 percent hack-proof.  Grrr.  And this too, shall pass... hopefully, with no further fallout. Fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 07:17:50 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #14722 on: October 27, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »

BAZI   What a mess with the glass.  Hope Zippo is not a floor walker!!  Thanks for answering the question about your bank.  Quick response.

KAREN   That is just Walgreens I can speak to.  Don't know what other places are doing

OLDGUY   What would we do without you!!!!!!  You are a wealth of information  Thanks so much  ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-*  What a cute piece with the kookaburras  ;D   Loved the Loud Cat story  - beautiful coloring.   Maru and swing  ;)

LANI  Love your AM pic  ;D   Hope Sadie feels better - Yes you never know what they pick up in a day.

Reminder about the PBS osprey program tonight

Tsk, I noticed that Osprey program is on my PBS station tonight at 8pm my local Eastern time.  It's part of the PBS "Nature" series, which are usually excellent.  The program description says a photographer followed and documented the life of an Osprey pair for 5 years.  I hope I won't have to cry when I watch it.  I have it set to record just in case I forget to turn to it on time.

Lani, I'm so sorry Sadie's system is upset, and I hope it's a quick recovery and not anything serious.

Karen, glad you and TA are getting a nice day for porch time!  Same great weather here today, too.  It's all going downhill here starting late tomorrow afternoon and through tomorrow night here, with a higher than usual risk of severe weather overnight Thursday night.  That same front is going through your area, I think mostly starting early tomorrow morning, but isn't forecast to be as severe there.  Apparently it's going to be more severe right along the coastline.  Stay safe, and then it should be back to porch weather the day or two after. Yay!  :D

LisaG1967

« Reply #14723 on: October 27, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »

Afternoon Beakers.....It's gonna be almost evening by the time I catch up for the day, so I am gonna skim thru the posts.   :)

I am back from my visit to see Bradley, and Sam's Club.  I am tired.

jaspurr - Yes, it started getting windy yesterday evening, and got worse thru the night.  It also got cold, so I closed all the windows.  Jeff wanted me to turn on the heat and I was like no way....the thermostat only says its 68 inside.   ;D

Phyl - I agree with what you said about the frameless glasses being delicate.  I feel like I could break these suckers in two, just picking them up!

Peep - Beautiful falmingo sunrise pic this morning.

clynn - Glad to hear that Ed is starting to feel better.  I LOL'd when you said, he is falling behind on his chores.  I might have missed it, but when are you leaving? 
So glad to hear that someone found SE27.  Beautiful farm!

tsk - That is great news about the nest chair!  I watched a video early this morning before I left.  I do need to get a kit for the glasses, but what is involved with tightening the fishing line, doesn't involve a screwdriver and looks way too involved for me!  ;D  The girl on YouTube made it look so easy.   

baz - Sorry to hear about the credit card fraud charge.   Hopefully, your bank got it all sorted out. 

karen - Your beautiful day sounded like mine.  It was so sunny and breezy driving over to see Bradley.

oldguy - Thanks for the info on the crockpot.  I might need to take that rubber seal off, or buy a new crockpot.  :D  Thank you for the videos.   

Lani - Thank you...it was a good visit.  Hope your parts came today!

tsk - Thanks for the reminder on the osprey special.   :)

baziunc

« Reply #14724 on: October 27, 2021, 02:56:28 PM »

bounce

Hugz all....

Thanx Clynn (and/or OldGuy?). The word werk has taken on many meanings over the years. The two closest for me 1. I hate Work, so I type Werk. 2. This memory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgecgpCfAYo

I installed it just in time!!! So far, so good...

Tig, you caught some leaves!  I've been purposely using WERK?!? for "work" for a couple of decades now, basically the same as you.  Not as a misspelling, but as a new word, essentially. LOL. Or to express a specialized meaning of the word, "work."  Language in action. LOL.  I'm trying to remember where I first saw it in use - maybe Saturday Night Live?  Just a guess.  Not going to google it.  ;) :D

For me, "WERK" = "work" plus the emotions expressed by  :o and  ::) all combined into one capitalized exclamation.  LOL.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:00:36 PM by baziunc »

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #14725 on: October 27, 2021, 03:08:05 PM »

Good Afternoon
I have some time for myself , it's a rainy day and cooler here..Glad to be home from work, going to make a hamburger Keto friendly soup and Keto bread, to go with it for dinner.. Oh Monday? It was just a day, everything was going wrong for all of us..lol
SO fun to see all.the pics the last couple days and the Yummies from LORI! Praying you get the dental help you need soon girl!  :)
All the talk about Chili has me wanting to make it again soon! WOW LISA the exploding soda can in fridge, is your temperature setting too high? 
CLYNN what a sweet visit for your Mom being planned? I Sorry about Ed, praying for him, I know you missed Bella today, but I guess better for you in the long  run..
LANI sounds like Charlie is staying on the level with his Doggie health, that's good news for Shannon and you ALL.
 well both the pups! OH no on the Fraudulent charges!  Why do people have to be so evil?
TSK your Shawl ministry sounds wonderfully sweet.  :) PEEP,  I have heard wonderful things about Glucerna!
JASPURR Glad all went well with the Furnace :)

This weather is making me want to nap for 20 minutes..Power Nap!
 Take care ALL
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG,  Weasel,  Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Jaspurr, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL
  [/size][/font]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:12:47 PM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #14726 on: October 27, 2021, 03:30:54 PM »

bounce

Thanx Baz. I feel seen... and heard. LOL.  ;)  "Werk!!!"

Just finishing watching church from Sunday, then off to make some meatloaf for din din. Awaiting the rain here. Who ever imagined when we were kids, that some day we could watch church on our TV, while wearing our jammies?!?!  I do remember watching Bishop Sheen when I was young (only 4 yrs. old?!?). I was mesmerized. What a media-savvy showman he was.

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

jaspurr

« Reply #14727 on: October 27, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »

Good night everyone.

LisaG1967

« Reply #14728 on: October 27, 2021, 05:19:38 PM »

tig - need to install one of those leaf catchers around my whole yard!  ;D 

Pink - Hamburger soup sound delish!  I just checked, the setting on the fridge says, recommended.  But there is one area in the back of the fridge where the cans were that gets very cold.  That same area is also where there is some vents in the freezer section up top.  The freezer is set on recommended too. 

Have a good night everyone.

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #14729 on: October 27, 2021, 06:06:24 PM »

tig - need to install one of those leaf catchers around my whole yard!  ;D 

Pink - Hamburger soup sound delish!  I just checked, the setting on the fridge says, recommended.  But there is one area in the back of the fridge where the cans were that gets very cold.  That same area is also where there is some vents in the freezer section up top.  The freezer is set on recommended too. 

Have a good night everyone.
Aha, problem.solved..  :)
🦅🇺🇸💓