Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 361128 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #14700 on: October 27, 2021, 06:55:54 AM »

Morning eagle buddies!  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #14701 on: October 27, 2021, 06:57:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently 42F and partly cloudy which will turn to partly sunny and 67F .    This afternoon,  I see oral surgeon for my post op check.
Hey Lilbro!
Hi Jaspurr  :-*  thanks for the co-miseration. This is the second time around for these proceedures.  I grateful for your in put and will pass it onto Jim who is 78 years old and has been living with the AFib for about 7 years. Open heart surgery did come up, with the attitude 'Let's not go there, just yet"  Which as we all know is good that docs aren't rushing into.  ;)
 I'm glad somebody could make sense of what I was talking about---LOL   Thank you so much for your kind words , info and good wishes.  :-*   Hope all continues well for you. And happy to know  you are 'gentle with yourself'.   But, now,  you know I gonna fret about you.     ((())) 
Eagles Howdy...((()))
Lani thanks for update on Tiaki. She's not far from Chile for sure.
Lisa the glasses I  have now, have  that same   'fishing line' holding the lenses in since they have no bottom frame. I think that makes them delicate. The next pair will have a bottom frame
Jsapurr glad the furnaced installation went well for you.    Thanks for the article on albatrosses I bet it's interesting will have to read it later after we get back for oral surgeon.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 07:20:41 AM by Phyl »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

PeepSpy

« Reply #14702 on: October 27, 2021, 07:18:25 AM »

Good Morning!

Flamingo Sunrise
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #14703 on: October 27, 2021, 07:30:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning lilbro, jaspurr, Phyl, E4E, Peeps & Lani!

No Bella today!  Erin said she could go to daycare since Ed is still not feeling 100%, and I am thankful because I have so much to do before I leave.  Ed
always does the laundry and takes care of the litter box (basement jobs) but is just now feeling better and is behind on all his chores! And I won't be home
next Wednesday...I am going to miss her! Raining here until about noon, and then start up again later...

Peeps, beautiful dawn!  At first I thought it was the Flyway, until I read flamingos!

jaspurr, what you have gone through with your afib sounds exactly like my Mom. I think she had the cardioversion twice, but it didn't last. She is taking
a blood thinner, and has had to have the meds adjusted a couple of times. My sister retired from Providence Heart Clinic in OR and said a lot of people have
afib and don't even know it. Sounds like your furnace installation went well and you even had some entertainment!

Lani, it's good that you have Milo guarding the fireplace for escapees! I think Harley is like Sadie, he is so skittish with noises and everything!  I can't
believe the miles Tiaki has traveled!  Are you getting ready for the weekend? Have you told Sadie that Dewey is coming? Relieved to hear that Charlie is
holding his own!

Phyl,feels good to have those shots out of the way doesn't it? Love that mummy you posted last night! And your good night kittie! And your good morning
pumpkin! Kind of confusing about Jim's heart monitor and the results, but I know you will find out more and get it all straightened out!

E4E, oh I hate hearing  that Kris is still having that awful pain. Do they think it will eventually go away? Is it happening any less as time goes on?
I just cannot imagine, I think nerve pain is the worst. Prayers for Kris...

Sydney
An update and the latest news SE27 was found on the roadside in a busy area of Sydney Olympic Park.  We are very fortunate that the ranger who captured the juvenile was experienced in handling animals. They contacted me and the eaglet has been taken for veterinary care and assessment. We believe this is SE27 who may have become "lost" flying away from the wetlands and becoming confused. It is probably dehydrated  but will receive all necessary care and assessment. We shall let you all know when we have any news.

Farm in Elkador Iowa

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 07:39:36 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #14704 on: October 27, 2021, 08:07:21 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

LISA  Do you have one of those little kits with the tiny screw driver for tightening glasses?

PHYL  Love that mummy  :)  and pumpkin.   You mentioned " old mans flu" .  This year at Walgreens they didn't ask me if I wanted the "senior" dose.  So after the shot I asked her about that and she said they are automatically giving that to the senior population now.  Interesting.  Hope you don't have too bad a reaction or any at all.  Thanks for Jim's report.  Isn't it amazing how much they can tell with such an extensive report?   For folks I know who have had to wear a monitor it has just been for a week.   Makes me wonder how the heart of a "normal" person would look after a month of monitoring  :o :o
Good luck with follow-up today.

TIG  Thanks for Adkins shake info.  I will look for that too.  We had the Carb Smart 2/3 C ice cream serving last night with a drizzle of no sugar choco sauce and it was pretty good.

BAZI   Glad to hear - no reaction from Moderna  ;D   What will your credit card company do?  That is the scariest thing to find someone has used your credit card number.  We got called once for increased activity on our card and had to tear it up and get a new card.  We pay cash as often as we can.  I hate credit cards but so necessary in many situations.   Probably a smart idea about the Friendsgiving event.  At my shawl meeting the other day - was the first time we met indoors but only 5 of us and we had plenty of room to sit distanced.  Our Bible study meets inside at the church 9-15 of us with masks on..

LANI    LOLOL  Milo - the guard of the fireplace keeping everyone safe  LOL  Cute good night pic  ;D

JASPURR  Thanks for the insight into your medical procedures.   Interesting decision to stop all your meds. Yikes  :-\   Glad the furnace install went OK.  I think you can tell them to put in a simpler thermostat.  We did that in Mom's house as there was no way she was going to understand anything more complicated than set temp - increase and lower..

CLYNN  A much needed break for you today.  Phew.  Your rain is once again heading our way for tomorrow.   So good that SE27 was found and will get the needed care

Good news in an email last night  My new nest chair ( from Penny Mustard)  that was to take 5 months to get ( 2nd week in Dec) will be delivered Nov 8th  YAY

Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #14705 on: October 27, 2021, 08:18:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I will catch up when I return this afternoon.  I am off the Sam's, and then I have to head over to Bradley to drop him a package. 

See you all in a bit!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #14706 on: October 27, 2021, 09:04:46 AM »

Baz, the ghosts of Halloween are moving all that glass around!n. Cant understand it!

Lol Karen! The little glass pieces are sticking to the bottom of my flip flops and getting spread around. Ugh.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #14707 on: October 27, 2021, 09:14:58 AM »

Baz, That is terrible about the fraudulent international charge. Did you have to close the charge card?  :(   We had someone get our debit card number three years ago, and use it for a visit to DC via Amtrak and a night's stay.... SED Baz and Zippo  :)

Lani, that’s awful about your card fraud! Yes, I went to my account online yesterday and saw the fraudulent charge had hit my account yesterday morning, so at least I caught it fast. It was one small transaction, but that could’ve led to many. The credit card dept of that bank has been great. They blocked my card while I was on the phone with them. I got my new card number today, and they’re expediting my replacement card so I will have it soon. It’s scary to know someone got the card number. I sure would like to know where it got compromised.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #14708 on: October 27, 2021, 09:23:47 AM »

BAZ, someone got my credit card number and was using it to travel around England and Wales.  Never did find out how they got the number but Navy Federal put an alert on my new card so that it would freeze if an unusual purchase was made.  Check my account everyday.  It is scary how easy it is for someone to get your number.

Jaspurr, that’s scary about your card theft and use. I have many types of usage and fraud alerts set on my card. I check that account every day, or close to it. Glad you got your new heat system done. I would not want a wifi thermostat, and wouldn’t have accepted one. I would think they would switch yours out if you asked, hopefully at no charge.

baziunc

« Reply #14709 on: October 27, 2021, 09:40:19 AM »

Clynn, glad Ed is better. You have a lot to do, so it’s good you can get to those things today, though you will be missing Missy Bella.  ;)

Tsk, thank goodness you were alerted to those fraudulent charges on your card. My card number is blocked now and the replacement is on its way. My account now only has the replacement card number on it and everything else is the same. All the history and info shows up on my new card number like it was the one I always had on that account. The bank will investigate the bad transaction and will credit it back to my account, which will take 1-2 billing cycles. I got the case number from them and can see any updates or status changes related to my report in my online acct. I’m also careful and judicious about how I use my credit cards, but thieves abound. Grrr.

Have a good day Beakers! Stay safe.

karengramke

« Reply #14710 on: October 27, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »

Oh, such sad/good news about se27!    Hope this babyhas a swift and complete recovery!

Phyl, the covid boosters are the same as one covid injection.  It is half because you get one shot, not two,   They are giving actual half doses to young children.   Good luck at the oral surgeon!

Tsk, i did not realize they were giving the old folks flu shot automatically.   Good idea.

Lani, do you think you still have mice?  How can they live with the fire on?  Forget, is your fireplace gas or wood burning?  The later would surely smoke them out!  Good mouse guard!

Sorry Ed is still feeling poorly.  I am sure you will use your extra time to good advantage tho.   Will miss Wednesday with Bella!   Two weeks in a row!

Good temps here.  Cool and sunny!  Perfect!

jaspurr

« Reply #14711 on: October 27, 2021, 10:55:41 AM »

BAZ, you will probably never know who or how they got your credit card info.  I never expected they would get mine.  Now when someone asks me to open a credit card, ie Walmart, Target, Kohl's etc, I tell them no thank you.  I cancelled all my cards and only have my card from NFCU.
TSK, when the medicines make you feel worse than the disease it is time to stop.  Also, during Covid it was increasingly  difficult to make appointments for refills and the military pharmacy kept changing the rules.  One of my mantras is to avoid stressful situations if possible.  I decided to keep the wifi thermostat because I figured the new home owners would find it useful.
E4E, Kris is in a no win situation.  I can't imagine what I would do.  His pain makes my problems seem insignificant.  Can he take pain meds to lessen the pain.   I have been trying to figure out where you live.  I guess it is on the west coast, maybe CA?
CLYNN, I want to live on that farm.  I wouldn't take up much room.  Just a tiny house on the property would do.  I suspected that for SE27 was going to have a problem.  In an earlier post I referenced a video of her fledge.  She was not ready to leave the nest and was forced to leave the nest by the pair of black and white birds.  It was hard to watch and I hope that she will be OK.
PEEP, I also thought that was the Mississippi flyway. LOL. Didn't catch the flamingo part.  I had not had my coffee yet. ;) ;)
PHYL, I did not know that this was not your first rodeo.  Thank you for the background on Tim.  Did they pull the stitches.  Are you going to cap it?
LORI,  hope there is some positive news on your dental visit.  Can you ask them to give you a pain med prescription?
Still scrolling back on the posts.  Catch you later.

oldguy

« Reply #14712 on: October 27, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Wifi thermostats ----
I installed one about 2 years ago.  I love it - My old one was a programable unit and the location of it was in a location where I could not stand directly in front of the unit, so it was difficult to read and make changes to the settings.  The Wifi unit allows me to make the settings from my phone or laptop (can not use my desktop) so is very easy to make changes to temp settings.  One can still make all of the needed settings directly on the unit as well.  The unit also keeps track of how much time the heat and cooling is running and emails you a report once per month.  The only negative I have found is that when I changed my router last winter, it took me 2 weeks to figure out how to reconnect it to my new network.  Very poorly written instruction book.  ::)

Credit card fraud - - -
I have been hit 3 times over the past 10 years...  My card insurer has done a good job of informing me of suspicious activity - some was fraud and some was online use by me.
The one thing that the thieves do, is to make a small transaction to see if the card number will work, before making larger purchases a few days later.

Crock pots...
The crock pots with the rubber gasket seal - the seal is for transporting a full pot when taking food to another location, such as a pot luck meal at work, friends or church.  These units have been around for over 10 years - a friend has one and has had it for at least that long - they have never had an issue with a smell from the gasket when using it.  The instructions warn that the lid must not be locked on while the pot is cooking - only for transport.  The gasket should be removeable for proper cleaning - just use the pot without the gasket  :-\

My trip to NE Iowa over the weekend - this was probably the peak week for color up there - normal is the 2nd weekend - so about 2 weeks late - but there were not many bright colors this year.

Been spending a lot of time the past few days getting Thank You cards ready to mail.  I did not have addresses for anyone and the guest book did not have space for any, so no one wrote any down.  I still have 4 to find.

Work has been slow for customer traffic, but that has allowed us to get more stuff prepared for Christmas stuff and promo changes.  The garden center is getting its change over from live plants to Christmas trees - most of the garden chemicals have been put upstairs for the winter and shelving changed for live wreaths and trees and tree stands.  We have one table inside the garden center with pumpkins yet, but they are going quickly.

A few videos that I have saved over the past 3 days...

A flash from 1959
Santo & Johnny "Sleep Walk"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwfqsjimRM

This site is similar to Leslie the Bird Nerd, but from Australia
Will the wild kookaburras let me pet them?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyU7I-rbS08

Let the Mystery Be - The French Family Band featuring Manaia   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVQ6m-QSvoI

The Loudest Cat on Our Street Finally Decided to Be Quiet   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv_3-es3IOU

Blessed Cat Moments with TT's Morning Meowing, DD's Fluffy Fur, and LuLu's Energetic Escapades   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX1-0y7hwms
How Will Cats Survive Without Their Human? | Kittisaurus Villains   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3UwbZZVwE

Healing video by cats being brushed   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUoCYuAm4bA
Maru failed to get on the swing   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5CnEIvOvFY

Quarantine Kids play "Werewolves of London"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPH3L-VKPlo
Quarantine Kids play "Witch Doctor"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4erWBO5YEc8

Have a great day...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #14713 on: October 27, 2021, 11:24:55 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Jaspurr, Lilbro, Eagles, Phyl, Peep, Tsk, Clynn, Lisa, Baz, Jilltosa, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Tig and All!

Hi Oldguy, you popped up as I was posting! I'll check out your links and have a good day  :)

Baz, that bottle of wine continues to be remembered and you didn't even get to enjoy its taste.  :(.  It's good news you get your new card so quickly.

Lisa, enjoy your visit with Bradley  :)

Tsk, YAY! You get to have your new chair! We ordered a new couch in September, we're suppose to get it mid Dec.

Clynn, sorry you will miss your time with Bella, but you'll be able to get what you need to be done before your trip...  happy to hear Ed is feeling a bit better, prayers he'll be 100% soon. When will you return? Sadie isn't feeling well. She started having diarrhea yesterday and in the middle of the night. I don't know what she picked up  :( If she continues like this today, I told Aly maybe she and Dewey shouldn't come.  :( ... Good news that SE27 was found and now can receive the needed TLC. I hope SE28 can be sighted today. Then we will know both are okay.

Phyl, I hope all goes well at the post op check.  :) .. prayers for you and Jim, and Maggie  :-*

Jaspurr, Feeling warm in your home this morning? Yesterday's crew must have been a great one. Glad it's installed before it gets cold.  ;D. ... I'm so proud of our Tiaki! Thank you for posting the video. It's amazing that this young albatross can fly so far immediately after leaving nest. Now, I understand how they soar over the waters and why her flight is so wonky. They soar in the shape of the letter S, using the ocean winds they can glide for hours. Talons crossed her GPS never goes out.  :-* 

Talons crossed dryer parts come in today.
It's been sitting in Nashville since Saturday (Phyl  ;) )
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #14714 on: October 27, 2021, 11:52:05 AM »

I was just going to ask where Old Guy was and here he is! 
Just had lunch on the porch!  Perfect weather.
I once had a credit card that would not allow me to make a charge if I was out of town, unless I had notified them that I was going and where!
Lani, sorry about Sadie!  Does she need a vet check or just down time.  Pumpkin, plain, notthe pie kind is good for doggy tummy upsets.  A teaspoon or so.