Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 731758 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #14070 on: October 15, 2021, 11:33:43 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning T40, Jaspurr, Lisa, Lilbro, Kb, Eagles, Pink, Phyl, Karen and TA, Clynn, Peep, Lori, Oldguy, Jilltosa, Puff, Baz, Tig and All!

Oldguy, Lori I pray each day comes with answers for your needs.

Peep, online shopping?  ;D

Clynn, Milo was on alert, all must be have quiet, because we all made it past 4.  ;D ... Mrs DNF looks lovely. Great cam.

Karen, Tsk is traveling to DC and Green Bay for family visits. You and TA have a lovely Friday!  :-*

Phyl, I turned on the fireplace to shake up whatever mice may still be hanging out. We're going to be careful, I have a gas furnace/range too, we need to be aware of cost this winter.

Pink, Kenzie is adorable, many, many warm wishes! I hope you're able to do your fall ride!

Kb, awesome photo capture, they are amazing creatures.

Lisa, sending hugs, I'm sorry about the problems you're having.... awww Mrs DNF taking a brisk fall bath...  Safe travels for Jeff's early morning. Lilbro has early mornings too... We're up early here too. Mike has to be online and ready for the phone by 5:00, some mornings it's 4am. His main office is on Eastern Time, then Central time for Louisiana/Texas plants and his AZ plant starts at 3:30am. 
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #14071 on: October 15, 2021, 11:36:05 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447974467653734400
When marine biologist Roger Hanlon caught this creature on camera, he said he screamed bloody murder. And no wonder. A superb visualization of how chromatophores allow an octopus to blend in with the backdrops [source, read more: https://buff.ly/30m3fL9]

lilbro - am trying to orient myself after watching that storm....sounds like a sharp cutoff of snow just to your east?..am I right?....
When will it melt now?....still get warmer temps for that to happen or is it there to stay?

Morning all....a painting day for me.

Yeah KB, we're not at the point where it will stay. Itll be gone in a week. After our drought this summer, not getting much runoff, the ol prairie is schlurping it up..

kbshcb

« Reply #14072 on: October 15, 2021, 11:47:47 AM »

When marine biologist Roger Hanlon caught this creature on camera, he said he screamed bloody murder. And no wonder. A superb visualization of how chromatophores allow an octopus to blend in with the backdrops [source, read more: https://buff.ly/30m3fL9]

lilbro - am trying to orient myself after watching that storm....sounds like a sharp cutoff of snow just to your east?..am I right?....
When will it melt now?....still get warmer temps for that to happen or is it there to stay?

Yeah KB, we're not at the point where it will stay. Itll be gone in a week. After our drought this summer, not getting much runoff, the ol prairie is schlurping it up..

Great news for you and the prairie...

Lani - I just gotta ask...what kind of cute little creature have you posted pics of the last few days including today?...it looks cross-eyed!...LOL

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #14073 on: October 15, 2021, 12:28:05 PM »

Lisa, I see the computer better without glasses. I had computer glasses and couldn't adjust my head to them!  :P

Peep - The computer and anything in front of me is a total blur.  It's so bad, that I can't even see what food I am eating!  I need to have reading/magnifying glasses on to be able to see anything.  I didn't think I would be able to use the bifocals, cause last year I had trouble with the progressive lenses.  The doctor said, some peoples eyes and brain just don't click to use those, and I might be one of those people.  I was really surprised that the bifocals worked and clicked with my brain.  I just wish I could see the computer while wearing them.

Lisa -- I just got some new glasses too.  Sounds like aspects of our vision is similar although I can see what I eat.  :D  I also have an astigmatism.  I had progressive lenses years ago and couldn't get used to them.  My vision was much better then so I just stopped wearing glasses.  Lately I'd been using the drugstore glasses but decided to get prescription.  I opted for getting 2 pairs:  one for close up and one for distance.  I wear the distance when at the computer (also for driving), which is weird to me because I would have thought the ones for close up would work for computer, but they don't.  I use the close up ones for my phone, tablet, sewing, reading.  It can be kind of a pain to switch and there are times when I just use the drugstore glasses because they still work fairly well for all tasks.

jaspurr

« Reply #14074 on: October 15, 2021, 12:30:16 PM »

LISA, LISA, LISA, LOL, I am totally confused, your new glasses click with your brain but you can't see your computer?  You are going to have to do what I do and buy a dozen cheap non prescription reading glasses.  I have a dozen because I will pick one up, lay it down, and forget where I put it.  I try to keep at least one pair in each of my rooms.  I hope your new glasses are clicking with your brain when you drive across the bridge.  All joking aside, it does take awhile to adjust to new glasses and I hope this adjustment comes quickly for you.

jaspurr

« Reply #14075 on: October 15, 2021, 12:36:49 PM »

LANI, I think you missed KB's question on what that cross-eyed creature is.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #14076 on: October 15, 2021, 12:54:43 PM »

Lisa, I see the computer better without glasses. I had computer glasses and couldn't adjust my head to them!  :P

Peep - The computer and anything in front of me is a total blur.  It's so bad, that I can't even see what food I am eating!  I need to have reading/magnifying glasses on to be able to see anything.  I didn't think I would be able to use the bifocals, cause last year I had trouble with the progressive lenses.  The doctor said, some peoples eyes and brain just don't click to use those, and I might be one of those people.  I was really surprised that the bifocals worked and clicked with my brain.  I just wish I could see the computer while wearing them.

Lisa -- I just got some new glasses too.  Sounds like aspects of our vision is similar although I can see what I eat.  :D  I also have an astigmatism.  I had progressive lenses years ago and couldn't get used to them.  My vision was much better then so I just stopped wearing glasses.  Lately I'd been using the drugstore glasses but decided to get prescription.  I opted for getting 2 pairs:  one for close up and one for distance.  I wear the distance when at the computer (also for driving), which is weird to me because I would have thought the ones for close up would work for computer, but they don't.  I use the close up ones for my phone, tablet, sewing, reading.  It can be kind of a pain to switch and there are times when I just use the drugstore glasses because they still work fairly well for all tasks.

Agree. Same with me on astigmatism and the progressive lenses. I've struggled with these for  over a year. Time to ditch the 'no line'. I don't wear these very often---in general see better w/o them.
 Ginger. Jim suggested the same w/drugstore specs.  Been looking off and on.   Just wear these for close work.
I'm due new pair soon .

{{{Lisa}}}
#Pray for Ukraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

LisaG1967

« Reply #14077 on: October 15, 2021, 01:01:01 PM »

Lani - Yikes, you all are up very early too!  Thanks for the hugs.  :-* 

jaspurr -  I have dollar store glasses all over the house too!  ;D

Ginger & Phyl - So glad to hear I am not alone on this vision thing!  Right now, I have on the drugstore glasses and can see.  So, now I wait for the doctor to send script for the computer glasses to see if that works. 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #14078 on: October 15, 2021, 01:05:52 PM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

PeepSpy

« Reply #14079 on: October 15, 2021, 01:08:09 PM »

Great news for you and the prairie...

Lani - I just gotta ask...what kind of cute little creature have you posted pics of the last few days including today?...it looks cross-eyed!...LOL

It almost looks not real - like a cartoon character!  ;D
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

Phyl

« Reply #14080 on: October 15, 2021, 01:09:24 PM »

Goldenstein Gallery, Sedona
  Thanks for nests updates.
Lani there's that adorable quokka! Thanks for posting he/she again.  Yeah. I read that you put the F/P to loose the mouse. But, I love F/Ps so much couldn't resist. I know this will be a $$$$ rough Winter for folks like you and Mike with the gas heating/cooking.  :(    :( :( :(
{{Lisa,OG, Lori}}
Clynn you've been busy too.
#Pray for Ukraine

– Lewis Gannett

PeepSpy

« Reply #14081 on: October 15, 2021, 01:12:20 PM »

Lisa, when I tried to use the computer glasses in the office and while using 2 monitors, I had to be looking in just the right spot to see correctly. Drove me nuts! I hope that you have better luck.
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

Phyl

« Reply #14082 on: October 15, 2021, 01:28:59 PM »

Someone was  at the door...

Lisa let me know how the PC specs work for you.
Lani/Lisa those early hours are boogers. I use to get up w/Jim with the 3:45 and 4:15 AMs. That was pre-Vertigo -no balance-
and late hours to make up for what I couldn't get done during the day. ::)
KB hope the painting is going well
Clynn tks for posting   DNF,  she looks beuitful. Thanks for inquiring about my Maggie.  ;)

Got a big LOL today when purusing the Forum. T/Y to 'You know who you are."
#Pray for Ukraine

– Lewis Gannett

kbshcb

« Reply #14083 on: October 15, 2021, 01:33:09 PM »

thanks, clynn - what a cutie....I read the comments too..a particular part of Australia.

Still waiting for painter and clouds have looked ominous but now a bit clearing. He texted 1/2 hour ago he's mowing 2 lawns near me and will be over when done......grr..he's moving into my grilling chicken and cooking time.

I've already mowed the front, blown leaves, cut down hosta, watered in my seed, washed some outdoor stuff for covering couches for winter and I'm pooped already.
I hope he can bring a "helper" at this point. I have the roller, the paint, the brushes all ready...we shall see.

Phyl

« Reply #14084 on: October 15, 2021, 01:47:46 PM »

Well... now that's official. Guess I best get my booster
But, think I'll seperate the times or just take both in the left , if they'll allow that.

FDA advisory committee recommends Moderna COVID-19 vaccine booster
By Yasemin Saplakoglu about 22 hours ago
https://www.livescience.com/fda-advisory-committee-recommends-booster-shot-moderna-covid-19-vaccine?utm_source=SmartBrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_content=D9590A3
#Pray for Ukraine

– Lewis Gannett